Poll: Your thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Its alright, not a fan of the layout of it though way to linear.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrik View Post
    I like it, but it seems my archaeology hates me and puts digsits on the opposite end of the continent where I'm at >>
    You do realize there are 4 in kalimador, 4 in eastern kingdom 4 in northrend and 4 in outland?

it truely unique, it suits the wow genre too, it is a fun profession to level because it is something different to what we are used to, plus having a chance at some epics and a few vanity items is always good

15+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much all I've done, actually. I'm really digging it (ba-dum-tch), but I must admit that it is tedious to level with the amount of flying from site to site. Currently gathering fossils for the raptor pet, though, and I just reached 200, so I'm over 1/3 of the way to 525. >.>
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    any idea on how long it takes to get up? TBH i haven't done much research, but it seems like it would level very slowly, what with all that travel time...
    On the first day, somewhere around 15:00 server time, someone got Realm First 525 Archaeology. So not too long if you do nothing else. I tried it in beta too, and maybe something like 5-6 hours without interruptions to Outland for me. But I didn't take the most sensible routes by any stretch.

It can definitely be boring, but not as boring as fishing. I would rather skill up archeology than fish. Not sure why but I can't stand fishing

I really like it. The collecting of artifacts and getting super cool rewards from it is simply, and downright amazing for such an easy profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    I'm only about 75 so far, going to start making fossils at 100 (I hear that's the best thing to do.)

It's fun to fly over the old zones, on my red proto I sometimes think RAAWR! I'M DEATHWING! (a very low budget version :P)

It's alright. I've spent about 2000 troll fragments trying to get Zin'Rokh.

Deleted
    I love the rewards from it, very fun and gives you your own choice which reward to get ( Depending on digsite you dig )

I have to wonder if all the votes for "Loving it" are by people who have actually leveled it past 100?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it , but wish it had a more of a real use in the end like the others do

Loving it! Got both the raptor mount and raptor pet !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    You do realize there are 4 in kalimador, 4 in eastern kingdom 4 in northrend and 4 in outland?
    Outland and Northrend don't show up until you are an appropriate skill level. But having eight to choose from is good enough. It still doesn't diminish travel time; especially when you are aiming for something specific!
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't reaped any of the epic benefits yet, but I think it's pretty fun, especially compared to the other secondary professions (damn you fishing!). It's a nice way to go visit parts of Azeroth that I'd have no other reason to see, and when I'm done with my dailies and bored of farming leather, archeology is something fun to do while I'm waiting in the queues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I have to wonder if all the votes for "Loving it" are by people who have actually leveled it past 100?
    I'm 525 and I absolutely love it. Yes it is sort of dumb how fossil fragments (or other similar cases) are totally useless after you get the pet/mount but it's still nice working towards the other neat things.