Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

How much DPS should dps be doing in heroics?

How much dps should a dps be doing in a tank n spank fight in heroics?

I ask this because i tend to go oom because the boss is dropping so slowly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    How much dps should a dps be doing in a tank n spank fight in heroics?

I ask this because i tend to go oom because the boss is dropping so slowly.
    Class, what is your item level, spec, you arent really giving us much to work with.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullocks View Post
    Class, what is your item level, spec, you arent really giving us much to work with.
    I think the OP was asking in a more general, as he is a healer, what the DPS in any given random should be pulling down.
    I would think 9-12k depending on class/spec. Thats kind of the range of the better ones I've seen, but it also depends on the fight. Some fights I've noticed have boss healing mechanics that can make them drag on much longer than normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I know for a fact Magni's last words were "My body is now DIAMONDS!"

Deleted
    In the heroics I have run, which went very smoothly, the dps was around 8k-9k each.

Remember, there are other reasons for the healer to run out of mana besides low DPS:
    - Group is taking avoidable damage
    - Inefficient healing spells are used when not needed

Also remember, the healer's job is NOT to keep everyone topped off. It's to keep everyone from dying. If everyone is between 80% and 100% health, just sit there and regen.

Well atm our guild dps are doing 6k dps on most fights and we were thinking it was a bit low. I pugged some with higher dps and we facerolled through the heroics. Maybe a l2p issue from dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember DD will not always just be there for DPS...CC, kiting, and responding to mob/boss mechanics in general will at least as important as dps in the first tier.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Oh i'm not topping people off i gladly let them sit there with 40k hp and don't heal them unless they take more damage. Some fights I let the tank drop to 50% hp just so I have time to regen some mana.

---------- Post added 2010-12-12 at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Just remember DD will not always just be there for DPS...CC, kiting, and responding to mob/boss mechanics in general will be more important than dps in the first tier.
    Yes but a arcane mage should be doing more than 5k dps right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly during nuke phase, and yeah...in general always.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Hmmmm ok thanks for the responses will tell them to read up on there class and l2p.

i'm pulling about 12+ k on my enh shaman in heroics. and i'd say that's kind of the ceiling atm, because, not to toot my own horn or anything, but I have yet to see someone out dps me (in or out of guild). so if you're doing 10-12 k on tank and spanks, you're in a pretty good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Well atm our guild dps are doing 6k dps on most fights and we were thinking it was a bit low. I pugged some with higher dps and we facerolled through the heroics. Maybe a l2p issue from dps?
    I haven't gotten to 85 yet but 6k dps sounds criminally low to me. Definitely a l2p issue right there if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post
    I would go outside but the sun is out there right now
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Guys, we can autoshot while moving.

Whatever else they do, doesn't matter <3

Deleted
    Im doing around 9k dps on bossfights in normals as frost dk(ilvl 326). I guess in hc with some better pieces i will do ~10-11k

10+ Year Old Account
    Im usually getting around 16k DPS on bosses, around 12k on trash as a SV Hunter 338 iLevel. Most of my guildies come close

8-12k seems reasonable. I generally do 12-13k in 333 average gear, on any non gimmick fight, as a Survival Hunter.

By the numbers I have been seeing both in live and beta 10k is good number to be aiming for on boss fights. Bare minimum is 7k, if you're alive at the end and only have done 6kish you shouldn't really be in heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing around 14k on normal tank and spank fights, I have a few 346 and an epic. Mostly dps seem to do between 8-11k.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Crosscut View Post
    I haven't gotten to 85 yet but 6k dps sounds criminally low to me. Definitely a l2p issue right there if you ask me.
    yeh, i take your side there, I'm doing 6k dps on bosses, lvl 83 dps, and I'm still in questing gear mainly
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    333+ gear, easly 12k.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anything above 8k (depening on fight etc is good). I myself as a feral cat is usally hovering around 10-13k depening on fight

10+ Year Old Account
    for all the people claiming to do more when they arent 85...just wait...the stat coefficients are totally different and you dont necessarily do better dps...when i was 80 i had around 40% crit on my mage but now im down to 15% with the new stat conversions and i get way less pyroblasts because of it. I manage to pull anywhere from 6-10k depending on the fight and on how well the group im with is... if your healer isnt good is a better idea to try and survive then make them heal through it