Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Preferred form of CC?

I had a random thought in my head today...What's every one's favorite form of CC? Traps? Sheep? Sap? Repentance? Hex? Which one?

Personally I like Sap mainly because it doesn't initiate the pull. Sure it doesn't work in really tight areas....and it can't be reapplied mid battle but it does its job like 95% of the time. =P

Now start arguing about which one is the best.

EDIT: OH AND MORE THING! Which marking symbol do you think represents these the best? XD Me and my friend love to argue with other people about how Moon ALWAYS means Sheep.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2010-12-13 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    blind i pref
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
    Sun Tzu

As a tank, I would probably say freezing arrow (by hunters that know how to use it), followed by sap.

I prefer mind control. As a healer I mind control one of the mobs and aggro the entire group. The end result is usually 2 dead mobs...mine and the one I was beating senseless. Thats makes pulls so much easier for my dungeon groups...not to mention my mana is conserved
    People that think they know it all are annoying to those of us that do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nikat View Post
    As a tank, I would probably say freezing arrow (by hunters that know how to use it), followed by sap.
    and sheep 'cause it last a while

Sheep > Ice Block > Hex > Sap > Cyclone > Rep
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Fear with glyph is insanely awesome.
    PEWPEW

Depends on the situation, really.

Absolute best? Banish. It can't be broken. Sadly it only works on very few mobs in current dungeons.

Hex is close behind since it doesn't break instantly on damage taken, so the tank can accidently AoE near it and it'll stay in place.

Sap is great because you can see that it's gone off before the pull starts.

The most enjoyable to observe would be a launched ice trap.

And of course sheep, which can be used as a make-shift interrupt since it can be spammed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Polymorph imo.

Though I would actually prefer hunter's freezing trap over it if hunter's knew how to use it properly as it hasn't got any restrictions as to what it can freeze.

Sap, when it works, is the most useful pre-pull, because it doesn't start the pull. It is too limited though because it can't be used after the pull and many mob types are immune to it. Overall I'd say sheep is probably the best. It is easily renewed, seems to work on the widest assortment of mobs, lasts a reasonably long time, and has a good range. Freezing arrow/trap is probably the second most useful when hunters or the people standing near it don't do dumb things.

Fear is useful but it loses its usefulness when considering how far I've seen mobs run with it on. It is easy for even a good lock to misjudge and pull a second group with a fear that ran too far.

Banish is more useful than it was before since this expansion has a high percentage of elemental mobs, but it still seems like a niche skill.

Lock is one of the strongest CC classes now imo
    Fear
    Banish
    Silence+interupt (if you a pro and play affliction)
    Curse of Exhaustion
    Removal of Buffs (again if you play affliction)

I'm gonna have to go with glyphed fear.

Quote Originally Posted by sennzlol View Post
    Fear with glyph is insanely awesome.
    Aww I just saw that yesterday! I was wondering why they didn't flee in terror... XD

Doesnt matter rly, something that can halt mobs for a short time is sufficient
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Deleted
    Freezing Trap works on everything so I would guess that is the best CC if you had to pick a universal one.

For humanoids, beasts (and smth else?) I definitaly prefer Sheep though, its easy to reaply and can be glyphed to remove dots form the target.

Quote Originally Posted by nikat View Post
    No longer exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hungering cold, is my fave.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    No longer exists.
    We can assume he meant freezing trap/trap launcher. I let the guy who called freezing trap "ice block" slide. =P I think we can manage with a minor mistake like that. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    if the rogue is speced into the damage reduction sap is great and last 3 min with a glyph.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Banish if possible. (Triangle for Banish)
    Sheep if banish is not possible. (Star goes for sheep)
    Hex for pvp > wtb lower CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao_tzu View Post
    Ele Shams were sith lords before it was cool

Turtle is the best cc. =p /salutes zg....may she rest in peace.