Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Trouble is with ret in a pvp scenario is the ramp up time is too big to kill anything without blowing all our cooldowns.

Sure we can do very well vs most classes however thats blowing Zeal + Wings + Inquisition And 'praying' (like a true paladin) for an exorcism proc and Mastery procs for back to back TVs

Holy i found was fine to level with and in terms of survivability it was obviously the best, (ret still killed faster though I found from 83+, and the +300% talent for increased holy light was nice after killing a pack of 2 - 3 mobs), Pvp wise holy was not to bad, however pretty dismal @ 85 in offensive situations. Mages still continually bully me beacuse im a pally and they are OP atm.

Holy however i must say extremly powerful in dungeons. Ive yet to ret spec in a 5 man ( Im not waiting that long for a queue )

What I would like to know from anyone in the community is how ret performs in heroics?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholseynia View Post
    lol @ you fool so to say this this is a pally only forum and no other class can be mentioned just kind of shows the kind of players pally attracts, to ignore comparisons is what one would call an ignorant pr@ck nuff said
    lol @ you fool so to say this this is a pally only forum
    Yes it is a Paladin only forum... DKs have their own forum, if you calling me a fool perhaps you haven't noticed but we are talking about paladin issues here not DKs, the point i am trying to make. If you want to discuss Paladin issues please post here, if you want to try and justify paladin design flaws by using DKs as an example please post in DK forums.

Insults... Shows the kind of players DKs attract.

shows the kind of players pally attracts, to ignore comparisons is what one would call an ignorant pr@ck nuff said
    Pot calling the kettle black, by insulting me and being verbally abusive, it shows what kind of players DK community attracts.

Like a senior member here once said: GTFO if you have nothing to contribute.

Deleted
    Well, i've personally had no problems with Ret in PvP or PvE, HC Deadmines, Vancleef fight i pulled around 15k DPS, only used one Exo proc and 1, 3HP TV inside one of the red bubbles that spawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogabewga View Post
    Well, i've personally had no problems with Ret in PvP or PvE, HC Deadmines, Vancleef fight i pulled around 15k DPS, only used one Exo proc and 1, 3HP TV inside one of the red bubbles that spawn.
    Sorry i don't understand you hit 15k dps by only using 1 aow proc and 3hp tv?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungfish View Post
    I've been ret from 80-85 and this is all news to me :S

1. The only thing i have a problem with is ferals 1v1 you can crit 50k with HoW (+ Berserk buff) and 30k with WoG its really quite easy to PvP
    2. Do you know what WoG is?
    3. +30% damage... Useless?
    My HoW doesn't crit that much with my str procs up from trinkets, and I see 20k AP with. MAYBE with procs up pushing almost 8k str with the str buff rising from your GotAK at level 85. 30k WoG? I don't think so. I've been ret since the Sunwell patch and I love it. PvE I think we are as close to balanced as we have been in a while (although this RNG shit needs a fix). But in the PvP department? Hell no! We are a joke to most classes. Fury warrs face roll us if we don't spam all our HP for WoG, can't touch mages, ferals just rip, rake, mangle and leave etc. The only class I really haven't had a consistent problem with is Locks. Inquisition beyond 1HP in PvP will get you killed by almost any class. The one real thing we have going for us is AW making HoW usable at any HP %. If you can last till your gaurdian stacks the 20% str buff then pop it your in luck.

Actually no, Blizzard spent no time on Paladins at all, all they did was multiply abilities and add a few from WoTLK values and paladins were done all you need to do is double things accross the board and you keep the OP class OP.

Priests on the other hand they divided by 20.

Deleted
    No . When i was insde the little red bubble thing i only used one Exo proc and 1, 3HP TV, so that wasn't the reason why i pulled 15k DPS on that fight.

And it turns out it was the Cookie fight that i done that DPS on, and i don't think there's anything that increases the DPS on that fight (Didn't see any buff or anything). So PvE wise we're not in a too bad place.

**Edit** Says there's a stacking buff you get increasing attack speed, might account for it, but none-the-less. Still do around 13k DPS on fights with no gimics etc. Must be my buff frames messing up >
    Last edited by mmoc08c33133a1; 2010-12-14 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herald View Post
    Which goes back to my original point: Paladins are the only class that Blizzard finished before launch.

Let's face it, they released Cata months too early.
    This a thousand of times.

Deleted
    No . When i was insde the little red bubble thing i only used one Exo proc and 1, 3HP TV, so that wasn't the reason why i pulled 15k DPS on that fight.

And it turns out it was the Cookie fight that i done that DPS on, and i don't think there's anything that increases the DPS on that fight (Didn't see any buff or anything). So PvE wise we're not in a too bad place.

**Edit** Says there's a stacking buff you get increasing attack speed, might account for it, but none-the-less. Still do around 13k DPS on fights with no gimics etc. Must be my buff frames messing up >
    Well maybe your just a better player than me then , tell me what do you think of ret in pvp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    Well maybe your just a better player than me then , tell me what do you think of ret in pvp?
    Well i got a screenie from a day or so back when i tried out, Twin peaks is it? (New CTF map) And i topped damage by ~200k damage, while doing 666k healing. So people who are saying our damage is weak in PvP, we're, yet again not in a bad place. Uploaded the screeny if you wanna have a butchers at it, but bloody forums won't let me post links until a certain post amount i get >: (

For the people who don't understand why Inquisition is useless, as I have seen many, it increases holy damage, not damage overall.

That said, Templar's Verdict, Crusader Strike, Melee Swings do not benefit. Only Exorcism and I think Seal of Truth do, which isn't huge overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i got a screenie from a day or so back when i tried out, Twin peaks is it? (New CTF map) And i topped damage by ~200k damage, while doing 666k healing. So people who are saying our damage is weak in PvP, we're, yet again not in a bad place. Uploaded the screeny if you wanna have a butchers at it, but bloody forums won't let me post links until a certain post amount i get >: (
    Dealing damage isn't the problem. Killing someone before they kill you (or reinforcements arrive) is.

I've done several BGs a day since hitting 85 last Wednesday (fewer the first couple days for obvious reasons) and have always seen AT LEAST 2 million damage done even while getting my ass kicked. The fact that a spell lock will lock out most of our abilities can in some cases be an VERY big problem. CS, and TV become your only usable abilities in a rotation that requires 3 spell abilities. Exo being the biggest "yay it procc'd" ability.

The Cookie stacking buff sure as shit accounts for it. 30% haste for each piece of food eaten is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    For the people who don't understand why Inquisition is useless, as I have seen many, it increases holy damage, not damage overall.

That said, Templar's Verdict, Crusader Strike, Melee Swings do not benefit. Only Exorcism and I think Seal of Truth do, which isn't huge overall.
    This is correct, sir. We also buff up Holy Wrath, Retribution Aura, Eye for an Eye, and Consecrate damage, but those sources of damage are very minimal compared to the ones that you mentioned. Inquisition needs to affect our melee damage to a extent to warrant blowing 3 HoPo on it. As it is now, I'll only burn HoPo on it if Hand of Light and Exo are procced, or if I can use Hammer of Wrath with it.
    Last edited by Cryoh; 2010-12-14 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets be honest here, since BC we've seldom not been OP (or Holy since Vanilla).
    Last edited by Calon; 2010-12-14 at 01:00 PM.

The only thing that bothers me is that Exorcism hits harder then our signature ability :/ Inquisition is only usefull if you have insane RNG luck or you can use HoW
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Deleted
    Troll thread and you're all posting in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxplod View Post
    Dealing damage isn't the problem. Killing someone before they kill you (or reinforcements arrive) is.

I've done several BGs a day since hitting 85 last Wednesday (fewer the first couple days for obvious reasons) and have always seen AT LEAST 2 million damage done even while getting my ass kicked. The fact that a spell lock will lock out most of our abilities can in some cases be an VERY big problem. CS, and TV become your only usable abilities in a rotation that requires 3 spell abilities. Exo being the biggest "yay it procc'd" ability.
    I was fine 1v1, only class i had a problem with was Warrior, as that Colossus smash or w/e it's called really hurt, and the damage after it was just insane. Mages i just used all my HP on WoG and they soon just withered away from me just nit-picking at them (Prob alot of luck getting HP from judges etc) Priests keep them interupted same with Warlocks, and most other classes it's same as before, keep tight use as much of your HP as you can on WoG, even if it's 2 HP or even 1, a heals a heal when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    I'm pretty sure people are complaining about prot paladins having the worst self-healing and whatnot.
    there is a prot paladin spec where you spec for word of glory, it is quite viable and my healers say im fairly easy to heal since i can send off a 20k+ heal every 12ish seconds maybe more if you are lucky enough for the eternal glory to proc, and if you overheal you get an absorption effect which is a bonus

I'll have to see some video proof in regards to the Frost Mage, lock and priest dominance, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    Lets be honest here, since BC we've seldom not been OP.
    LOL, we were so faceroll up until 4.0 i call troll cause if your serious you havnt been around for a couple years