Shadow dead atm?

Hey i just checked the 2 pictures on the frontpage and the other world firsts and havent seen a shadowpriest yet on any screens. Too lazy to check the armory but i d show that im a shadow
    So is dmg really that low? Stopped playin since now so i did no 25 yet :x
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I am shadow/holy and i can tell you that we rock atm if well played!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkaMaus View Post
    Too lazy
    I see the problem right here

once you learn to properly play the rotation and cd's, we absolutely rock on dps.

We don't "rock" like some other have said but I'd say that Spriest are okay for a hybrid class right now.

We could stand to see some buffs though because right now I feel like I have to work much harder than my arcane mage counterpart to do 5% less damage than him.

HOWEVER

I'm always last in damage taken partially thanks to dispersion and my shields... and a little of "staying out of the fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Honen View Post
    We don't "rock" like some other have said but I'd say that Spriest are okay for a hybrid class right now.

We could stand to see some buffs though because right now I feel like I have to work much harder than my arcane mage counterpart to do 5% less damage than him.

HOWEVER

I'm always last in damage taken partially thanks to dispersion and my shields... and a little of "staying out of the fire"
    I agree, we have to work harder to get our dps high. That is one of the more enjoyable parts of our class. In 5 mans, i do usually top the dps meter. This not bragging in any way at all. The final 25% of fights are what end up pushing me there. Until that point it is very balanced among the classes. Once my trinkets pop, death is up and archangel is used, the damage output is fantastic.

We are starting our 10/25 mans this weekend so i will get a much better picture of where we stand then. We, or just I, might suck
    Until then, i am very happy with where we are sitting. The only changes I feel we need are better orb procs/spawns, and having M sear buffed. That aoe has become almost worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you won't see a Spriest on top meter soon until fights are memorized at least so you can focus freely on your rotation to be best

Shadow, like Mages, need gear. When that gear is obtained they do very well. Until then they'll be suffering a bit. They're not as bad as many have claimed, but don't expect to beat many classes if they're as skilled as you. Slight exception for something like ODS where you get to multi-DoT while having obscene temporary damage buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Shadow, like Mages, need gear. When that gear is obtained they do very well. Until then they'll be suffering a bit. They're not as bad as many have claimed, but don't expect to beat many classes if they're as skilled as you. Slight exception for something like ODS where you get to multi-DoT while having obscene temporary damage buffs.
    Always such a good point. Skill>Gear.

The thing with shadow right now is there are points where you have to make judgment calls and make choices. Our rotation isn't a simple "always do x, y, then z" anymore which adds more challenge to the class. It is awesome when you time things right and get really high dps, but it is also sad when you make a wrong choice (or fat finger something) and your dps goes down.