Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Grouper Bite. Ouch.

So I'm farming some mats for LW in Valsh'jir and have been killing the groupers for some time. I got a debuff from a few of them called Grouper Bite which does 5% of your total health as damage every second. I can't seem to find a way to get rid of it and it's killed me a few times. Was just wondering if anyone else has seen this and has found a way to get rid of what seems like an extremely OP debuff from a not-so-Op mob.

It's my understanding that these fish are suppose to channel this ability while at low health. It then stopes when the target dies. Though I have seen this as well as the fish applying the debuff to themselves.

The only solution is to die horribly.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Dying is fun when it is done massively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

I remember my brother telling me about this in Beta and how he filed a report. Interesting to see it still not having been fixed.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't see any spell being channeled when I attack them. So I guess i just have to take the repair bill until Blizz possibly does something about this.

you can still atk it when eaten, at least i was when my warrior had it, i was able to kill it but not befor eit took 45% of my hp off, was fun

It's a bug most likely, when they get to low HP they "eat" you and apply the debuff, but if you kill them to fast they don't do the animation but still apply the debuff. I believe one way to fix it is to kill them slowly, let them eat you briefly then kill them and the debuff SHOULD wear off.

I've been able to log out with the debuff and live. I just make sure my toon is sitting eating something during the logout timer, if I can't swim to a rested cave. So I've never died from it, but ouch.

We really love glitches like this one, Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Idefy View Post
    So I'm farming some mats for LW in Valsh'jir and have been killing the groupers for some time. I got a debuff from a few of them called Grouper Bite which does 5% of your total health as damage every second. I can't seem to find a way to get rid of it and it's killed me a few times. Was just wondering if anyone else has seen this and has found a way to get rid of what seems like an extremely OP debuff from a not-so-Op mob.
    lol i tried that too when i was leveling there, died like 7 times in total from it.. it HAS to be a bugg? :S

I was going around herbing in Abyssal Depths, and then there came some grouper thing after me, and I didnt think much of it, since there is alot of mobs running after me. But suddenly I was "hanging out of his mouth" sort of. And I couldnt get loose, so I just had to sit and wait for him to slowly kill me. Dont know if its supposed to be like that or not.

Hell, my boyfriend and I think it's hilarious to be eaten by the groupers. Why? One: it's funny as hell to see your character get swallowed by the fish you're trying to kill, and Two: You can keep attacking the fish while you're inside its mouth. If you're dumb enough to just sit there and do nothing but let it nom you, then by all means you deserve your grisly death.

Like everyone has said, you can kill it while it is eating you.

The problem isn't 'sitting there untill you die'. When it happens to me, the mob is dead. The DoT persists through the damned thing dying, and it has no timer. It keeps ticking away indefinitely until you either log or die. Reading comprehension. A shitton of you need to learn it.

I wonder if it has to do with killing the mob too fast. I'm going back doing some questing in that zone at 85 on my shammy. I almost always killed them before they got to me - maybe this glitches it.

Log out and back. Happened to me in beta and that fixed it.