Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Losing Agi gear to DK's and warriors..

So the past three dungeons ive lost clear agility weapons and trinkets/rings to Warriors and Deathknights. When the hell did they start wanting agility gear? Makes no sense to me.
    Fûrbs - Troll Druid - Area 52
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%aee/advanced
    Starcaller

If I'm wearing a green item with tank stats because there was nothing better (as a dps) I will certainly need on something with agility( as a warrior) just because it's an upgrade, not a perfect upgrade, but may be better then what I'm wearing.

Deleted
    To be honest, I'd just try to explain to them that the role of agility to a DK/Warrior has now changed. I have had to do this multiple times as a HPala who now needs spirit, and most of the time, it works. However, if it doesn't, just be happy you're not a retard like they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even over a feral druid or a rogue? Thats kind of shitty. Just like back in the naxx days when Hunters would take our staves..but that changed when they gave us polearms. :P
    Starcaller

^Plate wearers should never have been rolling on agi gear...ever. Its bad enough warriors are still screwed in the relic/ranged slot, I have a xbow with str from a quest, and i checked loot, theres a Tank one from trash in a 5 man and a dps one from HEROIC trash in a raid. Great way to itemize blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt agility only give crit to non leather/mail users now? No AP, Dodge, nothin? Another reason they shouldnt take them.
    Starcaller

10+ Year Old Account
    The expansion came out just a week or so ago. Some Deathknights and Warriors still find upgrades in those items. It's all dependent on the dps of the weapon, and the effect of the trinket.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

as a dk, i lost hellreaver to a huntard. true story.
    back on the topic... it used to make sense back in wotlk, but NO LONGER. except maybe for weapons if it's actually a huge upgrade to what they already have.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agility still gives crit.

I've had a Feral Tank cry at me for needing on the trinket off of Umbriss, but tough titty. It's good for Rogues, Cats, and Warriors.

But I honestly, as much as we'd like a melee DPS oriented stat stick gun, they only drop in raids. The only way Warriors will ever stop rolling on AGI Trinkets is if Blizzard removes the critical strike rating we gain from it.

We are going to need items like 346 Grace of the Herald to increase our combat ratings until we get our Right eye of Rahj or until our combat ratings increase through epic level gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Furb View Post
    Doesnt agility only give crit to non leather/mail users now? No AP, Dodge, nothin? Another reason they shouldnt take them.
    No.

I do think it is correct that tanks no longer get dodge from AGI, however.

edit: nope. Still gives us dodge.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2010-12-19 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furb View Post
    I'm fairly certain agility still grants dodged, however, it no longer grants armer.

I roll and steal items from people when they are bads in groups, even if I'm just going to NPC them. Maybe they are doing it to you for the same reason?

Weapons it always comes down to weapon dps. If its even 1 tier of itemlevel higher as a weapon it will be an upgrade. Rings and necks its a little debatable now due to no AP on them. Trinkets I can understand but its alot of AP losing a str ring or neck to an agility one.

Also agility no longer gives armor but still gives dodge/crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xendrus View Post
    If I'm wearing a green item with tank stats because there was nothing better (as a dps) I will certainly need on something with agility( as a warrior) just because it's an upgrade, not a perfect upgrade, but may be better then what I'm wearing.
    But people should have the decency to ask if someone who can use all the stats needs it first, no matter how much of an upgrade it is to them. I can't stand seeing people using gear that isn't for them. I'm in a top guild on my server and our officers even gave a spirit wand to a mage over healers in the last couple weeks of wrath. Drove me nuts.

When I did Heroic HOO for the first time the healing staff dropped, I had the Crucible dps staff, and the healing one gave me more haste and spell power at a slight loss to mastery after reforging spirit. I asked the healer if they needed and they didn't so i took it. It's just like when I'm tanking and every feral dps druid I see needs on tanking gear. I beat a feral duid for my relic by 3. I would have raged. If it's not for your class and an upgrade, make sure people who can use it all don't need it.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

15+ Year Old Account
    this early on in the expansion, people will take whatever is an upgrade, even if it has stats not useful to the class. It doesn't go as far as healers taking tanking items and so on, you get what I mean.

It should lessen as people start to get properly geared.

Wow now hold it right there, you wearing a green item with tank stats as a dps, which is probably a quest reward, because all dungeon drops are blues, but there're countless craploads of plate dps quest rewards out there, don't give me that crap you couldn't find one.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's WoW. douche it up bro.

Being a douchebag adds money to your pockets, gets you more gear for different specs, and taking the moral high road just gets you kicked in the balls.

My favorite is the Paladin Enchanter that rolls need on everything no one needs and shamelessly disenchants it right in front of you.

You are a fucking cock if your needing on agility over a druid/rogue/shammy/hunter.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2010-12-20 at 01:19 AM.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not needing a agility item even if its epic, just because i would lose half thousand attack power for some puny crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    You are a fucking cock if your needing on agility over a druid/rogue/shammy/hunter.
    guess that makes me a cock because crit is my third most valuable stat as an Arms Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm fairly certain agility still grants dodged, however, it no longer grants armer.
    ^^This. It does, quite a bit actually at these gear levels considering a tank hitting 85 will probably be at about 11-12% dodge. I just tested putting on a green weapon with 69 agi over 73 str and my dodge went up .2% vs a .05% loss of parry .. I can see a tank rolling on an agi weapon/trinket for this reason. str gives next to none. it's not ideal, but if it helps me stay alive I will take it. That said, if there is a severly undergeared hunter or enhance I would probably pass.. If there was a feral druid, i probably wouldn't because my question to him would be why isn't he tanking so I can heal?

So, to address the post, if they are a tank, I wouldn't complain. If they are dps, I would wholeheartedly agree with the OP.
    Last edited by varthalan; 2010-12-19 at 01:43 AM.
    85 Holy/Prot Pally
    80 Resto/Enh Sham
    80 Resto/Boom Drood
    80 Destro Lock
    52 Disc Priest