Why is Stonecore the only regular dungeon I can queue for?

I know I don’t have great gear or anything but it shouldn’t keep me from queuing for regular dungeons either.

I’m a level 84 Shaman and I have healed Stonecore about 5 times now. I don’t think there is anything else in Stonecore that is going to help my gear score so how am I supposed to get good enough gear for the other dungeons?

This is me http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tongues/simple

I have a friesd who did almost nothing but dungeons to get to lvl 85...how is that possible?

Thanks for any advice....

Have you discovered the entrances for the others?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Might sound like an obvious question, but have you discovered the entrances to other dungeons?

iceberg beat me!
    Last edited by Zuldain; 2010-12-21 at 02:42 PM. Reason: edit

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's quite possible you haven't discovered the other dungeon entrances. If not you may just be having bad luck.

One way to check is go to the dungeon queue page (I) and use the dropdown to select specific Cata dungeon. Then check to the right of the names of each dungeon. If there is a lock you can't queue for it. Mouseover the lock to see the reason why.

In addition, if you open the dungeon tool, and swap from 'random cataclysm dungeon' to 'specific dungeon', it'll show you what's available for you. If any are showing as locked, moving your mouse over them will tell you why they're unavailable.

I'm not sure if my issue is entirely the same, but I noticed that even before I had discovered most of the dungeons, the heroic list (even though locked b/c of my iLvl) was complete whereas my Regular list was sparse. I had discovered places like Vortex Pinnacle, but didn't have the option to queue for it as a specific in my regular list.

10+ Year Old Account
    In response to Disastrophe, it wouldn't let me and my guild mates queue for the first 3-4 instances, because they were 85, and were too high a level to q, I suppose. No idea if that's your issue, or if I encountered a bug.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

When I go to specific dungeon it shows I have found all but Vortex Pinnacle but says I need a gear score of 300 and I'm only at 295. Does that seem right to you guys?

You might be too high level for BRC and ToT, and not have enough gear for anything other than Stonecore. Have you seriously not been picking up any quest blues as upgrades? Even some of the greens are probably upgrades for you at this point. If you are lvl 84, you should be finishing Uldum and starting Twilight Highlands. You'll get some gear there that should let you queue for more instances.

With your gear you couldn't heal any of the level 85 dungeons. There are tons of quest rewards in Uldum and even Deepholme that are big upgrades for you, your gear is appropriate for a level 81-82, not for a level 84.

It seems you just don't have enough ilvl on your items ... you have few parts above 300 but majority of items are sub 300 ilvl..maybe this is your problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    You might be too high level for BRC and ToT
    so that's why these two are not showing in my list of Specific normal dungeons? great...

I think I have just leveled up too quick in the lower level zones or something because I just got to Uldum last night. I pretty much finished every quest in Mount Hyjal, did a few in Vashjir and ran a handfull of dungeons...and here I am at lvl 84. So I guess I need to spend some time in the higher lvl zones...I'm guessing Twilight Highlands would be the best option?

Deleted
    well i know you cant do brc normal and throne of the tides at 85 anymore
    unless you go there yourself with a party maybe thats your problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    I think I have just leveled up too quick in the lower level zones or something because I just got to Uldum last night. I pretty much finished every quest in Mount Hyjal, did a few in Vashjir and ran a handfull of dungeons...and here I am at lvl 84. So I guess I need to spend some time in the higher lvl zones...I'm guessing Twilight Highlands would be the best option?

Uldum has some pretty solid quest rewards as you go through the zone as well. I would say pick the one you prefer and go there; given your gear you may find Uldum easier.

Cool, thanks for the help guys.