Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    It's already been confirmed in page 103 or 104 who John Hurt is. Someone linked a news article from The Sun where it was revealed.
    Here's the article. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-spoilers.html

Quote Originally Posted by Humle View Post
    It's already been confirmed in page 103 or 104 who John Hurt is. Someone linked a news article from The Sun where it was revealed.
    Here's the article. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-spoilers.html
    the sun are notorious for claiming false rumours are true, theyve not once but multiple times claimed smith was regenerating every season.

also smith already met john in the name of the doctor... so why would he not think john is him? is he going to be bonked on the head before the 50th? thats already one thing they got wrong.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the sun are notorious for claiming false rumours are true, theyve not once but multiple times claimed smith was regenerating every season.

also smith already met john in the name of the doctor... so why would he not think john is him? is he going to be bonked on the head before the 50th? thats already one thing they got wrong.
    I had no idea about the Sun being bad like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Humle View Post
    I had no idea about the Sun being bad like that.
    yeah sometimes they get some things right but usually even when they get things right its still jumbled in with bad info. one of the things i do remember them getting right was them saying river song was going to get married which did end up happening
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Not nessessarily. Matt Smith might be trying to hold what he knows back, or the fact that MS Doctor said JH Doctor wasn't a Doctor (because he didn't live up to the ideals of the being 'the Doctor' or w/e), So Matt Smith isn't counting him in the list of Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    Not nessessarily. Matt Smith might be trying to hold what he knows back, or the fact that MS Doctor said JH Doctor wasn't a Doctor (because he didn't live up to the ideals of the being 'the Doctor' or w/e), So Matt Smith isn't counting him in the list of Doctors.
    yeah but if matt knows him but david doesnt then that would mean it isnt possible hes from the time war

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    I don't know, I think the Parasite God speech acting was quite good for what it was: A lonely demigod finally admitting to things to himself, realizing that HE was the one who has caused a lot of it. Coming to terms with the fact that he will never be able to get intimate with anyone, sans River, because of the secrets he keeps. That no matter how much, or how hard he tries he cannot change himself.
    If you look at it in that perspective I don't think that it was overacting at all, perhaps the spittle could have gone, but that scene just seemed to me to be a fairly big point of character development. Either that or I am reading way to much into it.
    Yea I sadly think that whole scene was ruined for me because the thought that it looked like a giant jack'0'lantern and I couldn't take it seriously after that

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Or just avoid the thread for a couple of days too
    I do that, but it's sad missing so much and having to catch-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I dunno, I really like when Smith is being serious. And angry Doctor is scary Doctor. When he pulled a gun on a guy in A Town Called Mercy, that was unexpected and chilling. Doctor was so pissed off he forgot his own moral code. I just like the look he gives whenever someone makes him angry. Another example was the episode early in Season 5 with the Silurians. When the woman killed the Silurian soldier and the Doctor found out, you could see in his eyes he was angry and disappointed.
    Yes those are two great examples of him doing full rage well.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Also, kudos towards the Great Intelligence saying "The Valeyard" as one of the Doctor's "future" names
    I did get a thrill of happiness when he said that

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Also, that part where he kissed River Song was hilarious. Jenny, Strax and whatsherface's faces.. hah.
    yes! that was a fantastic moment

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea I sadly think that whole scene was ruined for me because the thought that it looked like a giant jack'0'lantern and I couldn't take it seriously after that

I do that, but it's sad missing so much and having to catch-up.

Yes those are two great examples of him doing full rage well.

I did get a thrill of happiness when he said that

yes! that was a fantastic moment
    i felt it was the perfect ending for her

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i felt it was the perfect ending for her
    Except that they left it open for it to not be an ending. You know..spoilers. Sure it was mostly saying Clara is still alive somewhere, but you never know...
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Except that they left it open for it to not be an ending. You know..spoilers. Sure it was mostly saying Clara is still alive somewhere, but you never know...
    I think the closed that up by her saying the only reason she was still lingering was because he never said goodbye so she couldn't let go.

Also... not fair we didn't get to hear his name!

John hurt is Valeyard, maybe? Old character that has resurfaced, wasn't Valeyard referenced anyway? Or was I hearing things? EDIT; This was discussed Derp. It's then what I guessed, something akin to a "could have been" Doctor.

Also, Alex Kingston said she would definitely be back for next season, and for as long as they need her.
    Last edited by zenyatta; 2013-05-20 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the closed that up by her saying the only reason she was still lingering was because he never said goodbye so she couldn't let go.
    Except the entire exchange right after that where she said I'm linked with Clara and she's gone...makes you wonder why I'm still here huh? Doctor: Yes, why are you still here. River: Spoilers..fades away in epic goodbye.

PS- For all the people referencing the Valeyard, it's clearly stated that is in the Doctor's future. Even the G.I. said he would be known as that. Considering that Smith said Hurt was his big secret, it clearly happened already and is his past. I don't know why we're even having to explain this page after page.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-05-20 at 12:05 AM.
    BAD WOLF

Except the entire exchange right after that where she said I'm linked with Clara and she's gone...makes you wonder why I'm still here huh? Doctor: Yes, why are you still here. River: Spoilers..fades away in epic goodbye.
    Yea I feel like that was her saying Clara was still alive.

This finale was a good way for River Song to fade from importance in the series. There is still a chance she will come back and do guest appearances. The Doctor would be able to visit her by inserting himself into the Library's database (and since he has a physical body, he can get out as well) and now we know River can also be mentally summoned. I think River Song and the Doctor are finally caught up to each other's timestreams so when she said "spoilers" it was just out of love (she didn't know the future).

I really hope they do bring the Valeyard into play next season. I'd love to see Matt Smith go much darker until finally the Valeyard spawns. But who knows how they'll handle it? John Hurt is obviously the big picture focus right now. I hope we get to see some of the Time War now!

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE that scene, if they gathered all the greatest writers of past present and future I really don't think they could have made a better exit for her than that ... perfect ending to one of my favourite characters from Dr who.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

im still a bit confused though... was the fall of the eleventh supposed to be the great intelligence fault? was it prevented? is it still coming? what caused that war?

while it solved the clara mystery i think this episode provided alot more questions than answers.

were the silence trying to prevent the great intelligence from reverting the doctors good deeds? or does meeting his other self cause the spiral to darkness? how is you know who supposed to get out of the time lock if indeed thats where hes from?

ARGH @_@ NOVEMBER Y U NO HERE!!! '

and then watch the 50th will lead into the christmas episode and then the christmas episode will lead into series 8 and then WE GOTTA WAIT TILL LIKE FALL FOR SERIES 8 >_< this wait is gonna kill me

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 08:41 PM ----------

also if he is from you know where and is able to leave... WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE REST OF THE EVIL WORLD THREATENING THINGS IN THERE @_@ WHAT ABOUT YOU KNOW WHO WHOS NOW LOST IN THERE!!! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING @_@

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 08:44 PM ----------

and you know for a character i openly disliked for a long time, between lets kill hitler and now moffat has managed to completely make me both like and miss river song.

hardly any series are capable of making me like characters i didnt before

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 08:45 PM ----------

my ships

10/rose

11/clara.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 09:03 PM ----------

ALSO! since clara inserted herself into his time stream does that mean that clara is now a part of the doctor or linked to him? is that why she fainted when you know who turned around?

and what about simeon? WHERE DID HE GO @_@ IS HE STILL INSIDE THE DOCTOR? IS HE LURKING SOMEWHERE BENEATH THE SURFACE? WILL THE GREAT INTELLIGENCE GROW IN POWER TILL ITS ABLE TO SEPERATE ITSELF FROM THE DOCTOR AND BECOME THE VALEYARD @_@ SO MANY QUESTIONS

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I feel like that was her saying Clara was still alive.
    Except there'd be no need for her to say 'spoilers' since he immediately and confidently goes to get her. Sleep on that one
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    so is river just going to be a ghost now when shes back on the show? or do you think the doctor will find a way to save her?

also a problem i have with JH being a forgotton doctor, sorry if this has been asked already. well Clara entered the doctors timeline, all of his timelines, and that would include an 8.5 doctor wouldn't it? even if he didnt have the name of the doctor, its still the same timeline?
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    so is river just going to be a ghost now when shes back on the show? or do you think the doctor will find a way to save her?

also a problem i have with JH being a forgotton doctor, sorry if this has been asked already. well Clara entered the doctors timeline, all of his timelines, and that would include an 8.5 doctor wouldn't it? even if he didnt have the name of the doctor, its still the same timeline?
    well they could always have it be like angels take manhattan, an "inbetween lets go on adventures" river. and for the whole jh thing its a bit weird, if he is from the past and is from you know where maybe its because its timelocked? even with his time stream maybe that whole section is blocked off even after he dies and becomes that timey wimey thing, or maybe hes from the future

Or the Doctor so racked with guilt blotted out JH.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?