Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does tremor totem EVER work?

Seriously, does tremor totem EVER work in PVP, like EVER? it's incredible when you have it down constantly right beside you and every single time without fail it never works, I've yet to have it work one single time since I started enhance in Cata, is my luck that bad or is tremor the most broken spell in the game? honestly, even if it worked once I'd be happy but it doesn't.

I noticed this, also happened in raids / dungeons, get asked to put a tremor down and it doesnt make the slightest bit of difference.

Tremor is a pulse, not fear immunity, that means you are going to be feared and then the tremor totem is going to pulse and if you are still in range it's going to remove that fear from you.

It works, just only when it feels like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tremor works on a pulse. It only ticks about every 3 seconds, so if you are feared out of it's range during that time, it will not work for you. There is a lot of movement involved in most fights now so be sure to re-drop your totems often to make sure you aren't starting at the edge of it's range when the fear is cast.

Ive completely stopped using it in PvP. Has zero effect on a warlock's fear apparnetly.

Deleted
    As said before, it doesnt give immunity but it pulses.

Every 3 sec, it will "dispell" your fear and thus removing the fear effect.
    So you will be feared and then IF you are still in range, you will get pulsed out of it.

I can't share the opinion that it is broken... since it seems to be working with me.

I think it was designed more to counter fear effects in PvE over PvP.

While it can work in PvP, it is very easy to be outside of its rather short range if you had dropped it early, or you can easily be feared before you even realize that you would need it in the first place. In a PvE encounter, you can usually predict when the fear will come. Because of this, you can drop the totem early and in a position where it is unlikely that you will be out of the totem's range when the expected fear is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    Ive completely stopped using it in PvP. Has zero effect on a warlock's fear apparnetly.
    If only every shammy was as stupid as this guy I would be a very happy lock

Read the tooltip damn it, it works just like slowing totem.

ITs NOT a permanent aura that slows/dispells people it a pulse every few sec, you can sometimes be dispelled instantly and sometimes it takes a while but its still THE most powerfull anti fear mechanic in the game, berserk/zergerrage/fear ward are all easy to play around but tremor totem without totemstomping requires position, timeing, and most of the time help from your teammates to pull off a semi effective cc.

Also please read the tooltip on death coil, it is and has been since vanilla a horror which is a diffrent mechanic then fear so ofc tremor is not going to work against that.

I love how people are giving replies that have little to nothing to do with the opening post. He never suggested it was an immunity. Hell, he never even mentioned how it works, just that he feels it doesn't.

On topic, tremor works too well in the hands of a capable shaman. Don't just think of yourself. It pulses when you plant it and will instantly remove fear from everyone around you. In addition, if you time the tremor towards the end of the warlock's cast, it will pulse as you drop it and remove fear from you due to server lag.

I know it's a pulse but it doesn't pulse, you sit in full fears and charms right beside the totem, I just find it hard to believe it pulses fine yet doesn't pulse a single time for the duration of a full fear.

Just be glad you didn't play a shaman 4 or 5 years ago. At least it works SOMETIMES now.

in pve fears it works just fine most of the time, in pvp any person with half a brain will fear you while killing the totem before it can tick, or you will be feared out of range from the totem

just wish there was any kind of downside for killing the totem, or we could give the totem the stoneskin shield somehow :<

Quote Originally Posted by Rehea View Post
    just wish there was any kind of downside for killing the totem, or we could give the totem the stoneskin shield somehow :<
    There's no downside for killing totems because there's no downside for placing them. Generally it costs the attacker more time/mana to kill the totem than it does for the shaman to replace it.

The totems don't get killed because I can still see it up, hell I watch it with rage while I'm in a full fear, but at the end of the day it just doesn't pulse in PVP, in PVE it works fine more often than not depending on the pulse but yea, PVP is a different story, I don't expect to be immune to fear but when you put a TREMOR TOTEM down, you don't expect to sit in full fear after full fear then a charm on top, it's broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    There's no downside for killing totems because there's no downside for placing them. Generally it costs the attacker more time/mana to kill the totem than it does for the shaman to replace it.
    Right, because autoattacking locks you out with a second long GCD. Granted, if the attacker is at range, sure, that's true. I play as enhance however, and I'm always right next to my attacker, so it's a very easy matter for them to just right click on it.

Tremor has always been spotty at best, apparently useless some times, super hyper ultra mega panda sunshine smile happy fun time clutch in others. Much like the rest of PvP, it comes down to positioning, planning, practice, and timing. I've gone years absolutely hating tremor totem, but it's definately won matches for me too.

it works...kinda, the thing ticks quite slowly and the range isnt quite big enough now with everyone having some sort of run speed boost there are times that you can get out of range if you're realy unlucky

10+ Year Old Account
    Tremor pulses every 3 seconds. Maybe you're out of range or get the fear at the same exact time it pulses.

A caster with even one of the funky low damage caster weapons could destroy it on even the lowest spectrum hit.

Can I guess your class? Is it warlock or priest?

Killing a totem takes almost literally zero effort, especially for a pet class. Now do you want to tell me how tabbing/clicking/using a mouseover or macro to melee a totem is somehow harder and more costly than using mana and a GCD? It's not. Totems are very cheap for enhancement, but not for elemental or restoration. It is, however, far easier to see a fear coming if you're not right on top of the target (typically elemental or restoration). Blizzard wanted to make dispels much more costly and a decision to make, not for them to be something you simply do. They did that in increasing the mana costs relative to mana pools/regeneration for all offensive dispels. Killing a totem is no different. It costs you zero resources and zero time if you do it correctly. End of story. Anyone who says otherwise clearly plays a warlock or priest and can't win a match without full fear after full fear after full fear.

OT: Yes, sometime's it's a pain. However, I think what typically happens is that you get feared out of range of your totem. I, too, have been feared sitting on top of my tremor totem for 4+ seconds. It is very frustrating. Still waiting for Stoneclaw Totem to become a spell so we can protect the one useful totem we have... QQ
    Last edited by LyskaWF; 2010-12-30 at 07:12 PM.