Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symz View Post
    Haha, that's rich. Chances are most people start with alcohol, which is truly THE gateway drug.

Think of this, what happens when you smoke too much weed? You get hungry and then you get sleepy. What happens when you drink too much alcohol? that's right, you can die from alcohol poisoning.

I have smoked weed all my life and I am doing just fine financially and life wise etc. It all depends on if you smoke it and you let your brain and ambitions rot or if you choose to continue to exercise your brain and grow as a person. Alcohol can stagnate one's life and ambitions just as much as weed can, but alcohol is legal.

In my lifetime I have never seen people spill out onto the lawn or the street for example after smoking weed and then want to fight and smash eachother's brains in, but yet I have repeatedly seen this happen after people have consumed alcohol.

I've yet to hear of an abusive husband smoking a joint before he goes on a beating rampage on his wife, and yet alcohol is legal and usually preceded events such as this.

Cigarettes are still legal and yet your chances of becoming ill due to complications of that habbit are much higher, and the average daily consumption of a cigarette smoker is substantially higher than the average pot user.

I never understood the stigma towards weed from some people, I base it on ignorance towards the drug and it's effects, haters be hatin' I guess.
    cigarettes can really be included in the arguement, alot of working people will take a break to have a cigarette in a high stress atmosphere at work.... they could not nip out for a spliff and expect to come back without there work suffering

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitters View Post
    Common argument for legalizing weed: Smoking weed is a victimless crime and should not be punishable

This is an untrue statement: Ask my three grown children how it affected their lives - my former husband and father of those children used it, changed the man completely. He went on to harder drugs and spent last 9 years of his life in prison. He stole from his children, me, and his friends. It's a not a victimless crime at all.
    While I am sympathetic towards what you've been through, I have to disagree. "He went on to harder drugs". The harder drugs are the reason for your ex-husband's actions, not the cannabis. Did the cannabis lead him to harder drugs? Unlikely. It was more likely a persuasive dealer, or his desire for hard drugs. I'm sure you know more about the situation than I do, but that would be my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitters View Post
    Common argument for legalizing weed: Smoking weed is a victimless crime and should not be punishable

This is an untrue statement: Ask my three grown children how it affected their lives - my former husband and father of those children used it, changed the man completely. He went on to harder drugs and spent last 9 years of his life in prison. He stole from his children, me, and his friends. It's a not a victimless crime at all.
    Has anyone else noticed how the people who say things like, "don't blame the guns, blame the person" (paraphrasing "guns don't kill people, people kill people"), are the same people who say "don't blame the person, blame the substance"?

Double standards; do they mean double the fun?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    While that may be true (never heard of a case of a person being in a haze for more than a day or two after smoking a joint), there are other factors; weed in and of itself doesn't damage your body (the tobacco you use to make your joint damages your lungs), it does affect your brain though. However alcohol both damages your body and your brain, also people with a hangover have been unable to do productive work for more than 24 hrs after they got home.
    In addition, a pothead is rarely a danger to his surroundings. Don't tell me, though, that you feel safe around people who are excessively drunk and progressively becoming more violent as the night continues and they continue to drink. Drunk people are more inclined towards violence than pretty much anything else and definitely more so than someone who is stoned.
    my point is - ofcourse there are people that drink and become aggresive, and as such they are the type of people that really shouldnt be drinking, but on the other hand there are indeed people that will smoke weed and have serious mental problems as a result, in the case of psycosis etc, what i am saying is that there are vunerable people out there and yea some people may get violent on drink but usually they will be back to normal the next day, the problem with weed is that NO ONE knows who will suffer psycosis/mind problems as a result, it is a total lottery whichs prize "psysosis" cannot be cured

this is why i beleive it should remain illegal, atleast until all the facts are known about the long term effects, when im 80 i could live with my lungs being fucked from tobacco, or getting alittle angry on drink - but it would be upsetting to see friends and loved ones suffer serious mental problems due to recreational drug use when they were young - on a drug where side effects are not all known - atleast when people chose to do heroin or crack they absoulty know 100% that they will get messed up doing so, with weed it is commonly beleived to have no long lasting implecations, until recenetly with stronger breeds being grown the amounts of people suffering long lasting problems have increased, and it is sad because the people know suffering psycosis and parania smoked with believing that these problems would not happen to them
    Last edited by mmoc653be429b6; 2011-01-10 at 12:45 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    While I am sympathetic towards what you've been through, I have to disagree. "He went on to harder drugs". The harder drugs are the reason for your ex-husband's actions, not the cannabis. Did the cannabis lead him to harder drugs? Unlikely. It was more likely a persuasive dealer, or his desire for hard drugs. I'm sure you know more about the situation than I do, but that would be my guess.
    I would have to agree, more often than not people are inclined to throw blame around on everything else but themselves and their weaknesses. The problem that we are seeing: people saying weed made them want to do harder drugs. Usually it occurs because, guess what, where they get their weed people are doing the harder drugs. I'd wager pretty much anything that if weed was not sold in such an environment, less people would move from weed to harder drugs, and these people would have done it ANYWAY.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    my point is - ofcourse there are people that drink and become aggresive, and as such they are the type of people that really shouldnt be drinking, but on the other hand there are indeed people that will smoke weed and have serious mental problems as a result, in the case of psycosis etc, what i am saying is that there are vunerable people out there and yea some people may get violent on drink but usually they will be back to normal the next day, the problem with weed is that NO ONE knows who will suffer psycosis/mind problems as a result, it is a total lottery whichs prize "psysosis" cannot be cured
    Psycosis is not an illness that you get only from weed. It can be got from anything affecting the mind. ALSO alcohol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please see:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post10034265

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    i disagree, legalising weed would make it social acceptable to all sorts of people that would otherwise not go near it - as the law is just now, people who want to smoke weed can do so, they can attain it with out much trouble and smoke it pretty much anywhere aslong as they arent stupid - if it was legalised people whos mentality was not in the "right" place may end up smoking weed and cause themselfs all sorts off problems,
    the fact is - people who have studied medicine for years and studied all sorts of things say that marijuana is not healthy, and as such there opinion has to be taken into account, in an extreme sense its like a crackhead saying - "hey crack is fine it never did me any harm", when we know the opposite is true, marijuana although much less dangerous than other drugs, can cause some people serious problems, mentaly. and if keeping weed illegal keeps some of these individuals away from damaging there mind then so be it -

as if any of you would smokers would notice if it was made legal, you would smoke weed if its illegal or legal so what diffrence does it really make!!
    I've studied medicine for three years and the marijuana issue for five years, I may not be a reliable source since I don't have accreditation yet; however, weed, or any therapeutic drug with the ability to affect the human consciousness is never a good idea for anyone with psychosis. I have someone very close to me who has schizophrenia, who imbibed in marijuana whilst under the effects of two different medications, and while it had helped comfort him slightly, it also created a painful headache. So he made the choice to never partake again. It simply doesn't work for him, but he agrees that the minority shouldn't hold back the majority, otherwise how would we progress?
    Also, ask any high school student: what is easier to obtain, marijuana or alcohol? If they don't have a "cool" parent willing to buy it for them, then you're likely to hear marijuana. The reason for that is because it is unregulated, whereas, alcohol is not.

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 04:44 PM ----------

doctors prescribing weed for these thing wouldnt make it legal, people who break bones get prescribed pain killers, people who cant sleep get given sleeping pills, it doesnt mean you can walk into the store and buy these products over the counter like alcohol
    I don't understand what you're getting at, could you please rephrase?
    I have men kneeling at my feet, asking for my hand in heroics. ~Raechelle, Ysera

Armoury:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...echelle/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    I am against it for many reasons.

The first is seeing how weed can effect people. Chances are, most junkies started on weed. I saw this with my brother as well as many of my students (Biology teacher here). All that crap of how it has no long term effects is pure nonsense, it can mess with brain chemistry and cause mood swings, memory loss and loss of concentration.

At least with booze you can get a whacking great hangover to prove it isnt harmless.
    Once again the debate about weed being a gateway drug rages on.

I will reiterate: I have worked with a LOT of users, many of whom were mixed users. My experience tells me that most of them would have gone for the hard stuff REGARDLESS of their weed smoking. Studies support this.

This man is correct though about the long term effects to some extent. It can mess with brain chemistry, it can cause memory loss (mostly with minors using it though, when their brains are still developing). Some studies suggest that it has a small chance of increasing schizophrenia.

10+ Year Old Account
    the main reason in my mind why alcohol is legal and weed is not , it due to the fast diffrence in time that weed stays in the blood stream, you can go out and get pissed up and wake up the next day relativly fine/hang over, as many people who smoke alot of weed will tell you that after a serious binge of the ganj, there have been reports of people having what is reffered to as a "haze" for several days to a week, where they just feel disconnected - alcohol hangovers last much less and the chemicals leave the body much faster
    I have never been one to smoke much, comparatively, I would stretch 10$ worth over two weeks, smoking a tiny bit a day, while my ex-friends would smoke upwards of 40$ a day. I went to a party once, where I smoked prehaps more then I've ever done so in my life, all at one time, and I felt incredibly disconnected, so I got driven home and slept it off. Woke up the next day, felt great, finished a project.
    I have men kneeling at my feet, asking for my hand in heroics. ~Raechelle, Ysera

Armoury:

keep it illegal

why? Cause i smoke everyday and if its legal it wont be as cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN ARENAS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN RATED BGS!! LEARN TO PLAY!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeClaires View Post
    I have never been one to smoke much, comparatively, I would stretch 10$ worth over two weeks, smoking a tiny bit a day, while my ex-friends would smoke upwards of 40$ a day. I went to a party once, where I smoked prehaps more then I've ever done so in my life, all at one time, and I felt incredibly disconnected, so I got driven home and slept it off. Woke up the next day, felt great, finished a project.
    that is individual though - you would accept that some people smoke tobacco all there life and never get cancer, some people drink all night and have no hangover the next day - the problem with weed is that some people do face problems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etodez View Post
    Super High Me. Weed made Dough Benson 700% more psychic.
    Haha, I love that movie, and some of the results of the tests were pretty damn amazing! I'm pretty skeptical on that one though, pretty sure it was guesswork lol.

Armoury:

The world would be a better place if everyone tried drugs! With the exception of amfetamins and heroin they should legalize it all. I think everyone would have a new view on life if they tried som DMT. All in controled forms ofc. And with a no driving while fucker up and all. But overall most drugs are funn as hell and no more dangerous then alcohol.

When i do weed, i become cosy, chill and pleasent to be around. When i drink i become a dickface. I have never hurt anyone or done stupid shit while high. I have while drunk.

Last friday i i got high and did nothing but eat, play madden and laugh while watching biggest whore contest on howard stern. Last saturday we went out drinking. Broke a window, lost my ATM card, got into a fight, peed on a passed out girl and blacked out only to wake up covered in someone's puke.

You tell me whats worse.

I have a monday to friday job. And i don't tell them what i do on the weekends. Never had any complainst on my preformance. And frequently find myself winning the leaderboards.(Your not a hardcore gamer unless your job has a highscore list )

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    well as a person allergic to weed and all forms of THC, I personally do not use it. however I have a radical theory which starts by rewording something legally.

Personally I would remove it from schedule 1 and place it in the same category as Alcohol and tobacco, Have to be older than 21, heavily taxed, and sold in controlled packaging.

yes many people would still grow it, but the profit to gang members and terrorists would be cut away.
    You know....what would all the american government agents, prison and court workers do if they weren't imprisoning ppl who WOULD NOT BE CRIMINALS IF IT WASN'T FOR THESE RETARDED LAWS?
    and just so's you know...who the hell did you think runs the drug trade anyhow....ever do any reading on south american cia drug run programs and manuel noriaga (spelling?).
    Seriously...the ppl who make it illegal are the ones who run it.
    It's all money, and lots of it, keeping it illegal is a great scam for the government.

Oh yah, one more thing, if it's such a gateway drug ect ect, how come in Amsterdam where it's perfectly legal and controlled, they have lower instances of crime and addiction?
    Oh right....b/c it's based around makeing money from it as a product, not by criminal production and imprisionment,
    hmm imagine that...
    (you know, it'd be easier to deal with the world if the stupid kids would stop writeing 4:20 ect ect ect on everything with spraypaint....they do NOTHING for weed culture.)
    Last edited by wylatron; 2011-01-10 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    Psycosis is not an illness that you get only from weed. It can be got from anything affecting the mind. ALSO alcohol.
    Psychosis can also be gained from traumatic events, inherited through genetics, etc. Schizophrenia is a psychosis, origins unknown.

Armoury:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguies View Post
    keep it illegal

why? Cause i smoke everyday and if its legal it wont be as cheap
    this might be the best arguement for keeping weed illegal - if weed was made legal it would be taxed so much that most youths/students would not be able to liberally smoke as much as they do now - in the UK it cost £6.20 for a pack of 20 cigarettes, the majority of which is pure tax, in latvia where the tax is much less the same cigarettes sell for about £1

10+ Year Old Account
    that is individual though - you would accept that some people smoke tobacco all there life and never get cancer, some people drink all night and have no hangover the next day - the problem with weed is that some people do face problems
    Some people have problems getting out of the fire in World of Warcraft.
    Would you object if they outlawed fire in World of Warcraft encounters, because some people encounter difficulties?

10+ Year Old Account

this is why i beleive it should remain illegal, atleast until all the facts are known about the long term effects, when im 80 i could live with my lungs being fucked from tobacco, or getting alittle angry on drink - but it would be upsetting to see friends and loved ones suffer serious mental problems due to recreational drug use when they were young - on a drug where side effects are not all known - atleast when people chose to do heroin or crack they absoulty know 100% that they will get messed up doing so, with weed it is commonly beleived to have no long lasting implecations, until recenetly with stronger breeds being grown the amounts of people suffering long lasting problems have increased, and it is sad because the people know suffering psycosis and parania smoked with believing that these problems would not happen to them
    In the case of marijuana, the only cases of psychoses that I've come across were temporary psychoses brought on by massive doses of marijuana consumption, and as marijuana is a mild hallucinogen, the fact that it doesn't bring on more psychoses cases should be what's surprising to everyone. These cases of psychoses were ALWAYS ended several hours later, or upon waking up.

From my project:
    Marijuana is a mild hallucinogen. In low does, it produces a sense of euphoria. In higher doses, it creates an altering of perception. THC affects the cerebellum (movement and balance), hippocampus (memory and linear thinking), and rostral ventromedial medulla (pain response).

Armoury:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeClaires View Post
    Psychosis can also be gained from traumatic events, inherited through genetics, etc. Schizophrenia is a psychosis, origins unknown.
    i dont think people who dont even know they have these mind problems should be carelessly exposed to drugs like they do in holland

alot of people who support legal weed use holland as a shining light in there arguement, they dont tell you that they have the largest population of heroin users in the world, that there government is so right wing against muslims it almost puts hitler to shame, and that prostitution and human trafficing(thats where eastern european girls are sold into prostition) is soaring - legalising weed does not solve problems... it creates more , i say keep it illegal to the point that most who want to can smoke it, and those who it would be dangerous will be detered

Deleted
    ive never bought it, but smoked it a few times, and its been pretty nice. i wouldnt do it all the time, just like i dont drink alone though i do plenty drinking when socialising. totally high people can be annoying, but would you rather talk to a high person or a drunk one? if people were all stoned at the weekend and not drunk, violent crime would probably fold over in half :/

IMO if you do a lot of drinking (i do enough) you cant then turn around and say dude that shits so bad for you etc. pure hypocrisy. i wouldnt smoke it all the time, but it will probably fuck you up less in the long run. the side effects probably wont kill you, however bad, whereas liver cirrhosis may very well do that.

it'll get legalised eventually, the ''war on drugs'' has been a colossal failure, over in mexico thousands of people have died, cause when you prohibit something (hint: remember prohibition in the states?) you get gangs. happened with alcohol. it'll happen with anything where theres a demand and you try and cut off supply.

the main thing blocking it is money. if something doesnt make sense, its got something to do with some rich dudes bottom line. the people behind destroying prop 19 in california were guess who? the Alcohol industry ^ ^ would cut into their profits, so its a nono. at the end of the day if youre not smoking it in my face (weed or tobacco or anything) i dont see that i have any right to stop someone getting fucked up, particularly in their own home.