Page 1 of 73
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Your stance on Weed.

I recently saw a post on the official wow forums about a guy growing weed in his backyard. Now while he posted this in the General Discussion (Official forums have no offtopic), and is expected at least a moderate amount of ridicule, the amount of hate the poor guy got was beyond my belief!

Here is to hoping the MMO-Champ forums will be ever so slightly less 'angry' at the fairly controversial drug.

So whats your stance on Weed? Do you smoke it every day? Have you smoked it that one time at your stoner friends house? Do you hate it like the devil?

Keep it on topic and please don't troll. You're welcome to post for or against the subject, but do so reasonably and with support for your arguments. For any questions over whether this thread should exist in the first place, please PM me or Boubouille. --Sunshine
    Last edited by Xothic; 2011-01-10 at 04:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    I think I have a very passive relationship with it, I haven't tried it, never gonna try it, but I don't hate it either.

I guess it's up to the person whether he/she wants to try it, I don't keep anyone from trying, neither do I push someone into it.

I have 0 tolerance to weed, and the reason is very obvious.

Also, I personally have seen family members and friends who smoke it and have done nothing with their lives except try to cling onto more financially secure family members/friends and then proceed to steal from them to continue their habbit. Or have proceeded to more hardcore drugs. Also, chances are they work at some Min. Wage Job and have no ambition to advance in life.

In other words, I have seen nothing good with this drug.
    Last edited by Daginni; 2011-01-08 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    AND don't start saying there are medical benefits to this, because chances are, if you are saying it, you smoke it already and are trying to justify yourself, which, chances are, yo have no idea what you are talking about. The only reason you would ever be prescribed this drug is if there is a medical problem that is causing pain that this drug could relieve temporarily, weed doesn't directly benefit you, it doesn't cure cancer, it doesn't do anything buy relieve pain.
    This is the most ignorant post I've ever seen.

Deleted
    I am against it for many reasons.

The first is seeing how weed can effect people. Chances are, most junkies started on weed. I saw this with my brother as well as many of my students (Biology teacher here). All that crap of how it has no long term effects is pure nonsense, it can mess with brain chemistry and cause mood swings, memory loss and loss of concentration.

At least with booze you can get a whacking great hangover to prove it isnt harmless.

I smoke weed ocasionally with my friends only. I no longer do it that often because I now spend more time with my GF so I cba to smoke weed around her I don´t smoke tobbaco thou, I hate smoking cigars ! Smoking some weed is aight and I like the stone I get after :b
    But ya, since I´ve been dating I don´t smoke that often
    And people might think when smoking weed you will be unable to stop or you will move to heavier drugs but well, talking in my case, that´s wrong :O
    I actually stopped smoking it for a few months when I first started dating as I knew that my GF dind´t like it that much so I decided to myself I´d stop it for a while. And as for heavier drugs, never tried, don´t want or need. I´m fine as I am now, smoking a joint every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Grow up, swearing and making statements without giving reasons why does not help your cause. See what i mean? Weed makes you like him, oblivious. The biggest danger of weed is that people like you are convinced it is harmless, did i ever state alchohol was harmless? No, read my last sentence.
    This is actually the biggest danger of alcohol my friend. A quite frightening amount of people that I know are totally convinced that alcohol is harmless because it is legal, the same with tobacco, never mind that it is as dangerous as heroin and cocaine. Was quite a shock to the system when one of my friends died of alcohol poisoning.

Cannabis cannot kill, it is simply an impossibility. The amount of THC you would have to consume would make you pass out. Cannabis is not more harmful when driving, alcohol is and has been proven time and time again.

Cannabis has long term effects, yes of course it does. ITS A DRUG! What do you expect? So does Alcohol, Tobacco, Caffeine and the list goes on. How many people have a really shit day because they don't get their caffeine fix? That's called long term effects, that's called withdrawal symptoms. Virtually every drug does it. Cannabis is one of the safer drugs out there, it has many medical benefits and I can tell you right now that if it wasn't for Cannabis I would have been sitting at home for the past 6 months after leaving school with no money, no friends, no life and just playing WoW and throwing my life away. Cannabis gave me a wake up call. It made me think "WTF are you doing with your life? Wake up and do something about it."

Nothing is harmless, everything CAN be dangerous. But there is a range in which they can be used without harmful effects. With Cannabis that range is much larger than alcohol for instance.

A saying that I like to go by is "If you treat the drug with respect, it will treat you with respect. However if you abuse it, it will abuse you".

Peace, and legalise <3

Quote Originally Posted by Uncleadolph View Post
    This is actually the biggest danger of alcohol my friend. A quite frightening amount of people that I know are totally convinced that alcohol is harmless because it is legal, the same with tobacco, never mind that it is as dangerous as heroin and cocaine. Was quite a shock to the system when one of my friends died of alcohol poisoning.

Cannabis cannot kill, it is simply an impossibility. The amount of THC you would have to consume would make you pass out. Cannabis is not more harmful when driving, alcohol is and has been proven time and time again.

Cannabis has long term effects, yes of course it does. ITS A DRUG! What do you expect? So does Alcohol, Tobacco, Caffeine and the list goes on. How many people have a really shit day because they don't get their caffeine fix? That's called long term effects, that's called withdrawal symptoms. Virtually every drug does it. Cannabis is one of the safer drugs out there, it has many medical benefits and I can tell you right now that if it wasn't for Cannabis I would have been sitting at home for the past 6 months after leaving school with no money, no friends, no life and just playing WoW and throwing my life away. Cannabis gave me a wake up call. It made me think "WTF are you doing with your life? Wake up and do something about it."

Nothing is harmless, everything CAN be dangerous. But there is a range in which they can be used without harmful effects. With Cannabis that range is much larger than alcohol for instance.

A saying that I like to go by is "If you treat the drug with respect, it will treat you with respect. However if you abuse it, it will abuse you".

Peace, and legalise <3
    This is how people should discuss/argue about things here. Not in the way MrHelpful is posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This is how people should discuss/argue about things here. Not in the way MrHelpful is posting.
    Nice to know I can't post that a mod removed my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHelpful View Post
    Nice to know I can't post that a mod removed my posts.
    Yup, pretty much. Read the rules next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna get my 2c in before this turns in to a shitstorm and gets locked, because even after the first few posts I can already see that is going to happen.

There are opinions strongly for and strongly against the legalization of marijuana in the same way that there are opnions strongly for or strongly against alcohol, and in my opinion a parallel can be drawn between the two quite nicely.

Common argument against legalizing weed: It is addictive and people who smoke it will find themselves wanting more and more.
    This is a fairly harsh blanket statement. There will be people that become addicted to it as a drug, yes, in the same way that there are people who become addicted to alcohol as a drug. Neither product is inherently dangerous with regards to addiction, it is dangerous to certain personality types.

Common argument for legalizing weed: Smoking weed is a victimless crime and should not be punishable
    In most circumstances it may be victimless, but same with alcohol, an intoxicated person can cause a lot of problems for themselves or for the people around them, generally resulting in being rushed to hospital. The victims are the people of society who are paying for your stupidty with their taxes while you're drunk/high.

I could go on like this for a long time, but I think you get the idea that there are arguments for both legalizing it or keeping it illegal. My personal opinion is that if alcohol is allowed to remain legal, I see no reason that marijuana shouldn't be as well. Whether or not alcohol should be legal is a different question entirely. I just don't see the need to have double standards based on what a PC society deems socially acceptable. It is fact that marijuana is less addictive and less harmful on the human body. As far as hurting you socially goes, it depends on the person. I have seen friends from high school sink in to a hole and become worthless because they got themselves hooked, while on the other hand I've seen plenty of friends use it casually and be no worse off because of it.

Also adding that this is from the view of a person who does not smoke weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Deleted
    I never stated alchohol was harmless like MrHelpful suggested. I know only too well the dangers it can pose, but the dangers of alchohol abuse are pretty common knowledge where i live (UK). Whereas the dangers of weed are the ignorance of the people smoking it. Not speaking for everyone, but most people have no idea what it does to you, it should be up to the school to educate. Sadly all we are allowed to do is teach how to identify it and say its bad.

SMOKING anything is bad. There are alternative method of consuming marijuana and there's no downside.
    Stating that marijuana is bad for you because "Oh my government says it's bad, and my parents say it's bad, and society says it's bad" is flat out ignorant.

Deleted
    No downside? Have you evidence of this? Most things that people enjoy have a downside.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHelpful View Post
    SMOKING anything is bad. There are alternative method of consuming marijuana and there's no downside.
    Stating that marijuana is bad for you because "Oh my government says it's bad, and my parents say it's bad, and society says it's bad" is flat out ignorant.
    The fact that your Parents, your Government and Society saying its bad sounds like it is a downside to me.

Deleted
    I don't smoke weed, I did try it but I did not find it enjoyable. I am generally opposed to abuse of drugs of any sort, but I don't see anything bad in occasional use of light drugs like weed or alkohol for relaxation purposes. To be honest, I find it rather funny that a society which bases lots of it "good manners" on a destructive drug like alkohol condemns light drugs like weed.

Deleted
    If people wanna smoke, let them. It's never agreed with me TBH but I wouldn't want that to impinge on anyone elses good time.

As has been touched upon...it seems to me that booze has the capacity to be the more dangerous and socially obnoxious drug.

Deleted
    I don't mind it, there was a documentary on lately on BBC3 about the effects of it, it didn't have a bias to try slate the drug, it was more trying to explain exactly what it did to the body and get some balanced views from users from casual to dependant.

Another thing that paints it bad in the press is the fact that there's many strains of marijuana. There's new super breeds called "Skunk" which is quite potent compared to most natural breeds of the plant. Weed has two chemicals in it, the one people are usually told about is the mind altering chemical (THC) which can cause paranoia and psychosis like effects, the other is a really effective stress reducing chemical (CBD), it gives a strong relaxing effect and may have other unknown health benefits. Alot of these new super breeds are high in THC and low in CBD which gives too much focus and can cause your perception to go totally out of the window. In studies, marijuana with a good mix of the two can cause the CBD to cancel out alot of the ill related effects of THC.

In my opinion, weed is a good way to relax. It shouldn't be any different than going down the pub for a drink to relax with some friends. As soon as it becomes a part of your life it causes problems, exactly the same as alcohol.

When I went to Amsterdam I saw the perfect example of how it should be, you go into a nice café and order a spliff (like hash, decent amount of CBD) and sit back with a beverage and talk as usual.

It's NOT addictive and shouldn't be a major part of your life, these people who can't quit and blame it for everything are simply weak and have no motivation to help themselves. The only addictive part of the spliff would be the tobacco used to top it up. Mental dependancy is a sad story and some people just can't help it.

I'd use the rule; everything in moderation. As we all know, even something as simple as overindulging in food can cause health problems.

I'd support "natural" drugs, the only thing I despise is man made drugs like many of the pills on the market. They can have the potential to kill you.

One thing i'd just like to correct the BBC documentary on. 'Skunk' is not a new super breed of Cannabis. Skunk is an old school strain, it has been around for about 30 years now. The strain in itself is no more potent that any other strain there is, the strain doesn't make it potent. The way it is grown is what makes it potent. You can get a super high quality, award-winning strain and grow it badly and it will be very weak. Yet you can get some bag seed of some really poor Cannabis, grow it with top of the range lights, perfect lighting cycles and treat it as if it were your own child and you could believe it was grown from an award winning seed pack.

Also, having potent Cannabis is a GOOD thing, you just have to think logically with it. If it has more of the stuff that gets you high in it, then you need to smoke less! If say it takes 2 units to get you high and 1 puff of good stuff has 2 units in it and 1 puff of average stuff has 1 unit then to get the same effect you take 1 puff of good stuff and 2 of average stuff. It works in the favour of your health, because you're smoking less harmful plant matter than before meaning your lungs will love you long time. It's like alcohol, you can't compare drinking 1 pint of beer to drinking 1 pint of vodka and then say "the 1 pint of vodka makes you so very drunk and the beer doesn't do much so don't drink vodka at all".

Unfortunately knowing much you need can only come from experience and with this you will have times when you had too much, and times when you had too little and then that one time when it was 'just right'. After a while of smoking you will know when you hit that sweet point and I personally never deviate from it, I don't like getting so high I can't do anything, I like to be in control of myself. It's the same with alcohol, you always learn from experience how much to have and when you have to say to yourself "STOP".

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a realy pasive stance with this i've seen ppl smoke it and there fine holding down a job and family * job not paying min. wage ;P * and the there's other that get out of hand and go for diffrent drugs. i will never do drugs and i will never encourage ppl to take this drug