Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    People use the word OP or Imba way too much.
    Game balance is a concept in game design describing fairness or balance of power in a game between multiple players or strategic options. The designers have not deliberately created imbalance between the healing classes in Cataclysm. We have our uniqueness in forms of buffs & panic buttons, but neither of them are a must for a specific encounter. They did not create a boss encounter where it is guaranteed a whipe without a certain class.

Priests are not overpowered, we're perfectly tuned for the encounters we face in symbiosis with others.
    Last edited by Juber; 2011-01-10 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Hi. im a holy priest in my guild and i often do raidhealing.

1. Use your shadowfiend before the bloodlust/heroism. It gets that effect which makes him hit faster and you get more mana.
    2. Use MANA hymn at the same time. you WILL have 100% mana after that.
    3. then ofc, there is totems+druids helping if its needed

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Maybe he meant to type "paladin".
    Ahahah i laughed

there is only 1 fight where priest healing is OP, that is Atonement disc healing Halfus on HC
    Sup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    u do realise lightwell has 10 charges every 3 minutes so i dont think this is the case, 15 charges if u glyph it which mostly no1 does.
    You mean no one uses the glyph to improve our most efficient heal by 50%? I must be doing it wrong then.

Earlier i did my dungeosn etc, first run i got a Disc priests, full HC and some crafted 359 gear, he was pretty much OOM after 2 pulls.

Next run i get a almost indentically geared HOLY Priest this time around, and he was sitting at 60 -> 100% mana the entire run, without resting.

Holy perhaps a bit stronger then disc atm ? both in terms of mana management and healing? i know disc is getting some serious love next patch with the shield absorbs getting buffed like a crazy man up from: 3k base to 8k base and scaling of 86% of your SP instead of 36% or so now?

But i would argue that a HPala is by far the strongest healer to have around these days, that frontal cannon of light is focking crazy
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Absolutely incorrect. Our Holy Priests routinely end fights at 100% mana. All you need to do is spend less mana than you are gaining through procs/regen/etc and you will start to gain mana over time. Even if you're actively healing. A Holy Priest must spend a minimum of 60% of their mana every 3 minutes to go OOM if there is a Shaman present. That amount is purely to counteract Mana Tide's effect. Base regen, mana potions, neplenishment, etc not included. If you were to start at 50% mana and had a Mana Tide dropped when you hit ~30% you would be brought back up to 90% mana quite quickly. You're vastly underestimating how strong Holy's regen is right now.
    If the priest is capable of going from 50% mana to 100% mana in a healing intense boss fight. Then I ask you...

How did the priest ever get to 50% mana in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Holy perhaps a bit stronger then disc atm ? both in terms of mana management and healing? i know disc is getting some serious love next patch with the shield absorbs getting buffed like a crazy man up from: 3k base to 8k base and scaling of 86% of your SP instead of 36% or so now?
    Yes, holy is quite a bit stronger than disc atm, and that is exactly why pw:s is getting buffed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmenz View Post
    there is only 1 fight where priest healing is OP, that is Atonement disc healing Halfus on HC
    That got nerfed over a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    If the priest is capable of going from 50% mana to 100% mana in a healing intense boss fight. Then I ask you...

How did the priest ever get to 50% mana in the first place?
    Not using cooldowns, dying and not drinking back to full, goofing around on trash with Flash Heal, switching from another spec, ressing others and not resting between trash pulls. Etc, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacotl View Post
    And once the changes let grace multi stack, well Disc aoe is going to go off the charts.
    Not really. read the tooltip for grace: only FH, heal, GH and penance can stack grace. So unless you are spamming everyone with one of those spells, they won't get grace from PoH or PoM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacotl View Post
    As for disc/holy? well, I like both, Holy is argueably better at tank healing ironically, whilst Disc with DA auto proccing off PoH and with glyph, and using well timed Inspirations and AA buff can put out sick levels of raid healing for very low mana. And once the changes let grace multi stack, well Disc aoe is going to go off the charts.
    I still don't understand why people are still thinking the two things you mention above.

(1) Holy's PoH is stronger than Disc PoH, mathematically. The only time where Disc PoH outperforms Holy PoH is when both priests are spamming a single group during persistent, ticking raid wide AoE. Unfortunately, the only fight where maintaining group discipline is crucial is also the same fight where disc PoH is the least effective [Chimaeron]. So, in any other instance, Holy should be alternating PoH to maximize the glyph and EoL. On top of that, Holy's ProM is stronger and has CoH and HW:Sanc to pull out when you need Big Raid Heals Now(tm) [aka, fued]. [As an aside, Inspiration is hardly every needed for raid healing, as raid damage is hardly ever physical].

(2) Multi-grace will have a nominal effect on disc AoE healing as it is applied only by DHs [FH, H, GH, Penance]. There is no conceivable way to keep even one stack of grace on multiple targets without either drastically crippling your throughput or mana pool [if raid healing]. Why? Because the answer to darn near every damage pattern as a disc raid healer is PoH [which is why it is such a poor raid healing spec]. Point blank, the auto-DA was put on Disc PoH so the disc spec wouldn't be the absolute worst raid healer; it was not included to make it the best.

================================================

Please, for the love of all that is green and good in this world, stop trying to make Disc out to be a premier raid healer, when its tools and talents all lean heavily towards it being a great tank healer. I realize that 90% of disc priests in WotLK bandwagoned the spec b/c of brainless and over-effective bubblebotting, but that doesn't mean the optimal role for disc in Cata is identically mindless PoH spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerwurdhug View Post
    Actually I only have 2k spirit =/ To be honest I've done the math and stacking spirit instead of Int is more beneficial. If yuo stack pure int you might get an additional 10-15k mana but if you stack pure Spirit you end up GAINING a lot more mana. So get this ( i have about 5k mp5 aka 1k mana per second) therefore in ONE MINUTE i gain 60k mana. Most raid boss's can take upwards of 6-7 minutes. Do the math.

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 02:58 PM ----------

I wonder why 75% of disc priest went holy....Hmmmmmm can't be that theres a pattern or anything right? I mean thats just crazy talk. OH!! and the 1001 threads about disc being crap is a conspiracy!!!! (Coming from a priest who was disc from vanilla and recently re-rolled holy)
    Disc tank healing is fine. The people who did respec did not understand the changes or were not patient enough to wait until ilvl 345 or so with at least 2K spirit. That's where disc shines again. Disc is fine. It will be excellent with the changes. I raid disc.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 06:00 PM ----------

Earlier i did my dungeosn etc, first run i got a Disc priests, full HC and some crafted 359 gear, he was pretty much OOM after 2 pulls.

Next run i get a almost indentically geared HOLY Priest this time around, and he was sitting at 60 -> 100% mana the entire run, without resting.

But i would argue that a HPala is by far the strongest healer to have around these days, that frontal cannon of light is focking crazy
    I'm ilvl 351 and rarely have to drink between pulls. May have to drink two or three times in a dungeon- granted I always drink before a boss just to be safe.

You can't outgear a fundamental misplaying of a class right now. I have so many mana regen talents and once I got a rapture proc counter, it became so much easier to manage mana regen based on rapture. When I run the mana regen numbers against the holy priest I roll with, I get a pretty substantial amount of mana more than he does.

Deleted

Disc playing noob, holy playing right. Disc is not broken. I'm rarely below 80% mana in heroics, with 346/359 mixed gear as disc.

Seen quite a few disc priests who spam the hell out of flash heal and go oom all the time. That's not disc's fault, that's people playing wrong.

Disc is fine, as people stated as a tank healer. Doing 10 man raids, you can't limit yourself in such a restricted role. Holy is the better overall healing spec atm, for the simple fact raid healing is tons better, Lightwell is OP and you can tank heal if need be. Love Chakra.

To the OP. If your priest ended fight at 100% mana, he should either get more INT / HASTE instead of stacking spirit, or spam more and he would top meters even more. There's no reason to end fights with 100% mana, it means you didn't heal to the fullest.

Sometimes you HPS is increased just by running with bad healers lol...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zæl View Post
    Hello there, are priest healers op atm? our guild priest healer tops healing and ends with 100% mana, even if he starts with 50%, we use 3 healers everywhere.
    Sounds like he's just timing his Shadowfiend cooldown so that he gets a final boost of mana towards the end of the fight.