Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what talent would you give up for a fire ele pet

Hey guys. I am a MAJOR fire spec lover. I'm a lil pyro at heart and love watching mobs burrrrrn. I have a question for all mages. in the fire tree if there was 1 talent that could be traded out for a fire ele pet like the water ele in frost what would you have it be.

None, fire's good as it is.
    We don't want every spec having a pet.

well yea fire is fine as it is but i just like having pets lol they re fun

Deleted
    Burning Soul (making it passive). Permanent elemental would be overkill though (unless it would be fiery dancing draenei from midsummer festival). Or usable as permanent with glyph as a tanking pet for leveling, but useless such way in raids.

Pets help get you out of jams at times. Without them and the mirrors you'd be dead many times since they're used as distractions.

Deleted
    None, I don't want to play another pet class.

Roll a destro warlock, tell your imp to pewpew.

Deleted
    WE SHOULD HAVE A ARCANE PET TOOOOOOOO.

If you want pets, play a Lock. Having to micro for one spec is aggrivating enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    reroll shaman, theres your fire elemental.

Actually, rather than a fire elemental I'd far prefer a Demon Transformation style Immolation Aura

Say a CD that literally sets you on fire, increasing speed, providing snare resistance, fire resistance, damaging anyone nearby and damaging anyone that hits you, but increasing your vulnerability to frost, preventing you from being healed, casting any spells other than Fire spells, and slowly damaging you while active.
    Last edited by LeviathanZero; 2011-01-12 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    None. I don't like pets.

get rid of pet for forst as well imho. it's always out to get me....

Roll a lock if you want minions.

Deleted
    i would like fire having a pet for pve and with 2 abilities for pvp purposes only like lock succubus or fel hunter a cc ability and for example blast wave with knockback and replacing blast wave talent with it or get it deep in the tree

Deleted
    Meh, pet is waste. I'd rather have fixed ignite, combustion cooldown lowered, hot streak proc increased and our mastery redesigned.

i dont want no pet

but since vanilla i always wanted a fireform which:
    a) gives 25% more fire damage
    b) wont let you cast frost spells
    c) looks awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    i dont want no pet

but since vanilla i always wanted a fireform which:
    a) gives 25% more fire damage
    b) wont let you cast frost spells
    c) looks awesome

Hm... Mybe not fireform, but with Cho'Gall, twilight ascendatn and all. What if they gave us Fire Ascend. Mage ascendts into a Fire Ascendant, increasing fire dmg by x%, gaining some new abilites (or a built in Molten Armor). Lasts for x seconds, 2 min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon the Conqueror View Post
    Hm... Mybe not fireform, but with Cho'Gall, twilight ascendatn and all. What if they gave us Fire Ascend. Mage ascendts into a Fire Ascendant, increasing fire dmg by x%, gaining some new abilites (or a built in Molten Armor). Lasts for x seconds, 2 min CD.
    I would love this to repace Blast Wave (and make it down in the tree, put Dragon Breath where Blast wave is now), maybe give Blast wave as an ability you can get while ascended.
    It would also gives nice RP opportunities...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

There is two reasons i play a frost mage.
    1. Its fun to manage different CDs at different times, also depending on procs etc.
    2. The pet is a nice addition to the playstyle of the frost mage

Now, while fire does more DPS, i still wouldn't roll one simply because the playstyle is that much different. As it stands though, if you add a pet to the fire tree you ruin the way fire is played, since you would have to intergrate spells etc from the pet, and it becomes more or less a frost tree without a DF.

As much as i enjoy having a pet, i honestly believe it would be a mistake to get a pet for any of the other trees.

Fire doesn't need a pet, fire needs a less clunky combustion.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not give up any of the talents in the fire tree for a pet at this point, as they all have their use. Honestly, I'd rather not have a fire pet at all - the Water Elemental is awesome enough.