Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Personally, I love it when I get a group with several people from the same guild when I am using the DF. It almost always leads to a group that works better and is more successful and I've only ever gotten kicked from one of these groups once. In fact my last two daily heroics have been completed with groups of 3+ people from the same guild. If you are getting kicked from groups that regularly, I'd stop and take a minute or two to consider if you are doing anything that might be causing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run 4/5 guild groups a lot. My guild is centered around acting as if we're all family and we work together to get what we want to done. Sure we're not the most progressed on the server (hell, we haven't even started downing raid bosses yet this expansion), but we'll get there in time. I always go out of my way to make the pug feel welcome and a part of the team. I have also run with guild runs when I was alone and they have made me feel welcome to run with them. Now maybe its because I am a healer, or maybe its because I am just good at what I do, I don't know, but I have never been vote kicked for any reason out of a guild group. The only exception to this was one time when I refused to keep healing because a dps in the guild group was constantly pulling aggro and breaking cc. Yeah, I'd vote kick that person too, so I feel like that vote kick was justified.

I've never been kicked from any guild runs. if you go pro, most ppl will recognize it. of course there will be always idiots who needs to blame some1, but I didn't find any yet
    Have Fun!

My experience has been pretty good when getting into 5-mans with a bunch of people from one guild. Usually I see that as good news as it means those guys know eachother and likely dungeon with eachother often = a lower probability that they will be bad. Emphasis on lower probability...

Bads will be bads, dickheads will be dickheads. Sadly, the only way to 100% avoid this situation is by running the heroics with your own guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Sadly, the only way to 100% avoid this situation is by quitting wow.
    fix'd fo ya. even guildies can be dumbs sometimes.
    Have Fun!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quoting OP: "P.S. This isnt a QQ post just hoping that Blizzard notices this prob and actualy does something about it."

Despite your glaring grammatical and sentence structure errors, I was able to translate your post.
    What you are doing is exactly the definition of QQ. Blue posts have addressed issues with dungeon finder, saying they cannot fix asshole players, and most of the gaming community is helpful, which is the truth. You got a raw deal: Grow a pair and deal with it.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ty-is-horrible

Quoting third post: "P.S. I don't think Blizzard reads this forum"

More QQ. Blue posts have addressed this, as well, more times than can be counted.
    This is the best response to your post:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-to-respond-to

PWNED?

Deleted
    go with ur guild if u dont wanna encounter in lfg tards,nabs,noobs and wipe fest zergs or even tard guilds kicking randoms FIXED

There's few reasons why I'll boot someone who got into a guild run via LFG.

1. Lack of CORE knowledge of class.
    (This happens most, aka "Warlock banish/fear/seduce the Purple Diamond" and it fails to happen 2 or 3 times. Same with hunters or mages or rogues, etc etc etc.)

2. Lack of ability to respond or communicate or listen when asked, or directed. (happens a surprising amount of times)

3. AFK or flat-out not contributing to the run.
    (assuming people feel they 'got lucky' getting into a guild run and think they can just tag along)

That's about it.

Deleted
    I usually run as a tank with a healer and 1-3 dps from guild. Whenever we pug dps they are expected to do their job and refrain from anoying us in any way. If people cannot meet that standard they are quickly replaced.

If OP doesn't like how quickly he can be replaced he should step up his game / get a group of people to run with him / pick a less replaceable roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Just yesterday in a 4/5 guild run we kicked the fifth person because another guildy wanted in on the run.

If you don't like it, tough. Either join a guild yourself and run with them, or deal with the occasional kick. It's still a lot faster than daring to bother with silly concepts like finding a full group yourself and actually running to the instance. One of the best parts of running a mostly guild group in LFD is being able to kick retards for broader reasons than some pugs would agree with.
    I hate you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vossvicks View Post
    I like your style.

If, in the rare occasion, I'm forced to do my daily by myself with no guildies, I'll spam decline my instant tank queues until I get a dungeon in progress. More times than not, they're more than halfway through the run and when I zone in in some raid gear people tend to listen to what I tell them to do and it makes the run go much smoother.
    This is a very good idea. Gonna do this if I ever PUG again.

Edit: Just read it cannot be done. Awww.

We've done lots of guild heroic runs, and we haven't kicked a single person in any of the runs I've been in. You've got to remember the Greater Internet Fuckward Theory though - put stupid people in a group together and they'll get stupider to try and impress each other. Someone made a point about sociopaths though, and that's also true, lots of people in game just don't know how to behave with respect to other people.

Fact is the only reason we'd kick someone from a pug is if they were being deliberately and unnecessarily rude. So many people these days seem to bitch and moan about "carrying" others, saying that if someone's only doing 6k dps then it's holding them back, and my only answer to that is that your group must be pretty terrible if one player doing 6k dps holds you back. I can't speak for everyone, but our guilds runs always go smoothly, regardless of the pugged players (which is usually only one anyway) - we'd never kick someone just because we didn't feel they were doing enough dps - we have the reasonable expectation that they follow instruction and try not to mess up, but we also realise that not everyone spends a lot of time on forums like these to work on their characters, and we also realise that not everyone has been playing as long as we have, so we're forgiving.

Also, if a guildie comes online and we're half-way through a heroic with a pug and he wants in then that's bad luck for him - he'll either have to find another group or just get in the queue. I personally believe that people should treat each other with more respect in this game, so not screwing them over just to benefit yourself or a guildie, but then again good manners is a dying currency these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzie View Post
    This is a very good idea. Gonna do this if I ever PUG again.

Edit: Just read it cannot be done. Awww.
    It absolutely can be done. Where did you read it couldn't?

EDIT: I did it yesterday for GB. Zoned in right at Erudax.

Hint: When you do this, first thing I always say is "What happened to your old tank?" Should give you a good indication on whether or not it's worth going the rest of the dungeon. Most times the tank was undergeared (in my experience at any rate) and the run continues smoothly.
    Last edited by vossvicks; 2011-01-13 at 05:48 PM.

When I get into a queue(tank, mind you) I tend not to mess around. If I'm going in there, I have time to kill. I don't have 40+minute queues, and if I kick someone, they're being utterly retarded and I don't want to slow down a fast run for the dps that are trying to do the heroic who have waited long enough to get in.

I have a vote-kick priority queue:
    Healer unable to keep me up drastically(i.e. more than just a slip of the finger or bad split second decision, like because I'm sitting there at 20% the whole fight because my cool downs kept me up while the healer stood there and picked his nose.)
    DPS pulling atrocious dps(sub 2k)
    DPS pulling extra mobs
    DPS refusing to CC
    being a total jerk
    Healer being unable to keep me up consistently to the point of no progress being made

Whats not on the queue:
    If we wipe because the healer oom'd and it wasn't a natural occurrence for what its been like from the start of the dungeon
    If the dps is pulling sub par dps(as in the normal 9-14k range, i usually let them go down to 5k before I start to watch them carefully)
    Not knowing the fight(everyone has to have a first time some time.)
    Just 'cause.

These are good guidelines for people who have a kicking fetish they wish to kick(pardon the pun.)

Quote Originally Posted by Theotormon View Post

Despite your glaring grammatical and sentence structure errors, I was able to translate your post.

PWNED?
    Oh I'm terbly sorry that you had to go through so much trouble reading and translating, I feel so sorry for you (

Glad you managed to work it out.. GZ!

And no I dont feel nor get "PWNED" by people who try to/think they are smarter by knowing english better then others.

Someone also mentioned that dps only get kicked if they are bad and not by giving out nice gestures.. Thats 110% true, but what I said was true too, I was doing exactly what was told to me, boss dies and boom I get a nice message of beeing removed from the group. Could have been the case of just replacing me to get a guildy dps in the group dunno, but in any case it wasn't right.
    Last edited by Radodajka; 2011-01-13 at 06:15 PM.

You got it.

I've been doing it since Wrath and the other two tanks in my guild do it as well if they're forced to PUG. I'm sure there are PLENTY of tanks doing this, which may be why people are forced in 40 minute queues. Most tanks probably run their daily with a guild and of those that don't, I'm sure there are a ton using this trick.
    The first rule of Tank Club is you don't talk about Tank Club!!
    Yep, nice to get a 5 min walk in 70VP and be done for the day.

I haven't done any dungeons since Cata came out, but I always had pretty good luck with guild groups in WOTLK. The only thing that ever happened was one time the guy queued his guild group for a regular instead of a heroic and they looked at me and were like, "WTF is a 79 doing in here?" Then they figured it out and sat there and spoke in party chat as if I wasn't even there, and after deciding I was pretty well geared for a 79 they just went ahead with it and finished. I didn't care. Sure, it was a little rude, but whatever. I got what I needed out of it, it was a 100% for sure easy run.

Deleted
    It absolutely can be done. Where did you read it couldn't?

EDIT: I did it yesterday for GB. Zoned in right at Erudax.

Hint: When you do this, first thing I always say is "What happened to your old tank?" Should give you a good indication on whether or not it's worth going the rest of the dungeon. Most times the tank was undergeared (in my experience at any rate) and the run continues smoothly.
    I can also confirm it can be done as a guildy does this when no-one else is available.

You can also tell if its being done very late at night (I'm talking 4am server time here in the EU) when there are fuck all people left in the server pool - if you get the "someone declined the dungeon queue invite blah blah blah" message spammed repeatedly for like 15 goes in quick succession you quickly realise there is a tank somewhere hoping for another in-progress group.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Pain and Suffering should definitely be interrupted, unless someone can dispell it. Always good to have a priest healer
    Pain and Suffering should always be interrupted, no matter what. All healer classes can dispell it, as long as they took the talent for it (like they're supposed to). But Healer mana is always more important than the use of an interrupt, unless there is only 1 single person in the party that can interrupt the Stay of Execution. However only have 1 person in a 5-man that has a reliable interrupt is pretty unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuccoyote265 View Post
    Pain and Suffering should always be interrupted, no matter what. All healer classes can dispell it, as long as they took the talent for it (like they're supposed to). But Healer mana is always more important than the use of an interrupt, unless there is only 1 single person in the party that can interrupt the Stay of Execution. However only have 1 person in a 5-man that has a reliable interrupt is pretty unlikely.
    Haha! I don't know about you, but there is no way I'm going to risk a wipe by relying on baddy dps to interupt if I can simply drop a dispell on someone instead.