Thread: Restoration UI

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    vuhdo is the best healing addon out there by far. has everything that grid/clique and healbot has and a lot more. and it comes in one stand alone package unlike grid that requires a bunch of additional addons to give it the same functionality.

it supports clique style healing and you can use keybinds/mouse over macros with it if that is what you prefer. really there is nothing that vuhdo can't do.

and here is a thread from the other day asking the exact same question. pretty unanimous support for vuhdo in there is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonym89 View Post
    I have been told:
    On vuhdo, the spells can be cast when you mouse click, whereas on healbot (and you can also select this option on vuhdo), the spell is only cast after you click (i.e. lifted your finger of the mouse button).

I like vuhdo as it was the first raid frames addon I used and I can configure it. but I am sure healbot/Clique and grid pretty much have the same options if you spend a few hours checking them out
    Incorrect, Healbot has the option to cast the spell when your button is pressed also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Grid and mouseover macros. Having tried VuhDo on multiple occasions, I find it to be far too complex to get setup in the manner that I need. For me, Grid was easy to throw together and it remains so. I'm also used to having my information displayed in certain ways that I get with Grid but not VuhDo, and that was a breaker for me, too. The big kicker on it was that I didn't have the debuffs that I needed to see out of the box. Sure, Grid requires some plug-ins, but I can install those plug-ins and get the information that I need immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    pretty unanimous support for vuhdo in there is well.
    Unanimous means that everyone agrees. When people are commenting that they prefer Grid or Healbot, or even Blizzard's raid frames, that is not unanimous support for VuhDo. You can claim that it's the best healing addon out there, and for you it might be. However, that doesn't mean that it's the best out there for everyone. Different personalities and needs come into play and that does change the playing field.

To the OP, my best suggestion is that if you want to look at other raid frames for healing, then try them out. Take a weekend when you aren't raiding and play around with the various frames. Give them trial runs in heroics. That way you'll find something that's you're comfortable using. No matter what, people are going to swear by whichever frames they're using, for the most part, but you'll find there are a lot of different options available to you.
    Last edited by Caenymh; 2011-01-22 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirations View Post
    I use Grid and mouseover macros. Having tried VuhDo on multiple occasions, I find it to be far too complex to get setup in the manner that I need. For me, Grid was easy to throw together and it remains so. I'm also used to having my information displayed in certain ways that I get with Grid but not VuhDo, and that was a breaker for me, too. The big kicker on it was that I didn't have the debuffs that I needed to see out of the box. Sure, Grid requires some plug-ins, but I can install those plug-ins and get the information that I need immediately.

Unanimous means that everyone agrees. When people are commenting that they prefer Grid or Healbot, or even Blizzard's raid frames, that is not unanimous support for VuhDo. You can claim that it's the best healing addon out there, and for you it might be. However, that doesn't mean that it's the best out there for everyone. Different personalities and needs come into play and that does change the playing field.

To the OP, my best suggestion is that if you want to look at other raid frames for healing, then try them out. Take a weekend when you aren't raiding and play around with the various frames. Give them trial runs in heroics. That way you'll find something that's you're comfortable using. No matter what, people are going to swear by whichever frames they're using, for the most part, but you'll find there are a lot of different options available to you.
    yes, and "pretty" implies some flexibility in my statement. i'll gladly play semantics all you want, if you wish.

fact of the matter is that vuhdo can display all of the information that grid does in almost the exact same format if you want to display it that way. And it can show you all of that information plus many other features as well. you apparently didnt spend enough time with the settings when your tried vuhdo on your multiple occasions.

now let me make it clear, i'm not advocating people switch from the mod that they are comfortable with, but when you look at a point for point comparison vuhdo is superior. i do make that statement as 100% fact. you just need to spend the time to adequately set it up which is no different than HB or grid.

Healium, its visual, I see the icons for each heal, I don't have to remember what I've assigned to each click combination. I play all 5 healing classes, so very helpful for me. It's basically having a mini bar of healing spells next to each person's name. I don't have to have a target first, just click the spell next to the person's name. It takes up some space on the screen, but you can adjust the size.

Grid+Clique and I have my Forte bars set to keep track of what hots are rolling on who...

Ayup. That's about it.

-------------------
    Edit for Clarification -
    -------------------

I know Grid can be set up to display what is on whom hot wise, but my grid is rather small on my screen and I've found it easier to just use FX timers to keep track of who has what instead. It may seem like a nuisance to have another addon specifically for HoT time management, but it works well for me and saves me the stress of having to squint to see the little (square) icons in the 4 corners on the grid frames.
    Last edited by Reemix; 2011-01-22 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    fact of the matter is that vuhdo can display all of the information that grid does in almost the exact same format if you want to display it that way. And it can show you all of that information plus many other features as well. you apparently didnt spend enough time with the settings when your tried vuhdo on your multiple occasions..
    Which comes back to my point of it being far too complex to setup exactly how I need it. I spent several hours trying to get VuhDo set up how I needed it, and apparently that wasn't enough, according to you, to get things that I need that VuhDo doesn't seem to offer. By all means, show me exactly where the option is for Lifebloom to display as text.

Again, I'll reiterate. It's superior to you. Not everyone views it the same way.

And the use of "pretty" as an adverb in your statement just makes it appear ridiculous. While it may mean "moderately or fairly" in that particular use, being "moderately of one mind" or "fairly in total agreement" doesn't make sense. Unanimous is one of those words that either is or isn't. Qualifying it doesn't work. If you had used "pretty much," instead of just "pretty," it would have made 100% more sense and we wouldn't be arguing this point now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vuhdo gives things grid and healbot do not. That in fact does make it 'superior' to other addons IF you are doing extreme progression raiding or want the max out of your character.

If neither of these things are your situation, than any addon works, find one that you like. It took me 30 minutes to set up vuhdo the way I wanted. There are plenty of vuhdo for resto druids guides out there that give you a basic outline, that you can later tweak yourself.

In the end, vuhdo gives more, takes less resources, is easier to keep updated, is easier to update and change quickly(which is priceless in endgame raiding), and is least buggy out of all the addons. For other classes it's not as amazing, but for resto druids it far surpasses other addons.

So, if someone asks what the 'best' addon is, they aren't saying 'I know we all like different things so what's your fave'? They want to know what the best addon out right now is. And, that addon is Vuhdo for now.

Outside of the 'best' it really doesn't matter. They all can do the same basic things. Don't be offended when people talk about the 'best' because you don't use it. Some people love to min/max, so they will be blunt and honest. Doesn't mean they are putting those who don't use the 'best' down =]
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-01-22 at 09:22 PM.

Let us summarize...

The addon used by most end-game druids? VuhDo
    Why? Because it offers most amount of information combined with very good stability, high customization, little resources and fast update time. The downside is that some people find it hard to set up.

The addon used by most "old-school" healers? Grid
    Why? This addon has been around for a really long time and people are used to it. It is also "modular" which means that in order to show all the information other addons offer out of the box, you need to install a lot of extra modules. Many people enjoy this flexibility.

The addon used by most non-serious players? Healbot
    Why? It requires little to no setup time and is very intuitive to use. The downside is that it is not as customizable and seems to have slower update time.

These are the 3 giants that most people use. There are many alternatives, like already mentioned Healium, but you just have to have a look yourself and see.

My guild recently had a trial resto druid who was a fervent beliver of how vuhdo was a million times better than grid. He then decided to convert me to use vuhdo so i asked him what vuhdoo had that grid didn't that made it so much better. Everything he loved so much about vuhdo was possible on grid. After an hour of discussing it ingame he went to download grid. Now, it may be that he didn't know how to properly set vuhdo to its max potential but so far, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Let us summarize...

These are the 3 giants that most people use. There are many alternatives, like already mentioned Healium, but you just have to have a look yourself and see.
    The addon most end-game raiders use to heal is grid, all classes.
    Last edited by Curzed; 2011-01-23 at 01:32 AM. Reason: typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Clustering, smable target, way more bar/hot option, among all the other things previously mentioned are why vuhdo is 'better'. There are thing vuhdo has that grid doesnt. Every single thing grid can do vuhdo can do in one addon. As said, it's not a huge difference, but it is a difference.

And no, probably 1/4 of top end raider, especially druids, still use grid. I switched because when it really became popular, all the movies of super endgame content filmed by restos they all had vuhdo.

I really did not want to switch but tried it out, I would never go back to grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzed View Post
    grid > vuhdoo.
    If the raid is in 10 minutes, and you just booted up your new PC, Vuhdo or Healbot I suppose. If you want to be able to make it work the way you want, and don't mind putting some time in, get Grid.

If you are serious about healing you should be willing to spend the time to set Grid up.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Clustering, smable target, way more bar/hot option, among all the other things previously mentioned are why vuhdo is 'better'. There are thing vuhdo has that grid doesnt. Every single thing grid can do vuhdo can do in one addon. As said, it's not a huge difference, but it is a difference.

And no, probably 1/4 of top end raider, especially druids, still use grid. I switched because when it really became popular, all the movies of super endgame content filmed by restos they all had vuhdo.

I really did not want to switch but tried it out, I would never go back to grid.
    I beg to differ.
    I used VuhDo during 90% of WotLK, then switched to Grid near the end of the expansion.
    Grid is modular, which enables you to tailor it way more to fit your class and lower the memory usage. VuhDo is not modular.
    I'm able to view a players class, role, threat, health, energy, incoming healing, debuffs and duration of all my HoTs (and far more, if I needed it) in a neat little frame that takes up a fraction of the space that VuhDo does.

I will never go back to VuhDo.
    Tbh, all it really comes down to, is personal preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Clustering, smable target, way more bar/hot option
    Why do you need clustering ? just for efflorescence?
    Grid has smable target that includes other druids hots ( i know because i have it)
    what is so important that you couldn't do on grid that you found on vuhdo? I'm actually curious (not enough to download because grid is grid)

And no, probably 1/4 of top end raider, especially druids, still use grid.
    You couldn't be more wrong. Grid beats any other addon for the same purpose in top guilds, any class (including resto druids).

Ugh. I couldn't imagine healing with the Blizzard UI. As far as UI addons, XPerl is just so amazing. I almost cannot play without it. I can honestly recommend it to anybody.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Grid beats any other addon for the same purpose in top guilds, any class (including resto druids).
    While I think you're right, none of us knows for sure, unless someone actually asks every healer in the top guilds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    I beg to differ.
    I used VuhDo during 90% of WotLK, then switched to Grid near the end of the expansion.
    Grid is modular, which enables you to tailor it way more to fit your class and lower the memory usage. VuhDo is not modular.
    I'm able to view a players class, role, threat, health, energy, incoming healing, debuffs and duration of all my HoTs (and far more, if I needed it) in a neat little frame that takes up a fraction of the space that VuhDo does.

I will never go back to VuhDo.
    Tbh, all it really comes down to, is personal preference.
    Vuhdo you can change all the bars to be any size you want. You can show any of that information and more. You can do all that in the bars, outside the bars, there are at least 10 different options for that alone. Vuhdo uses less memory than using all the addons to grid you would need to be able to heal a raid. Dl both and check, vuhdo takes less. Vuhdo has every option grid has.

As for the rest:
    Clustering is for WG and yeah, efflor too now. Before it was manly for WG. Hot bars is a big thing I love in vuhdo besides the fact that it's 1 DL when updating instead of multiple.

And no, relook at resto druid movies. Most people, including druids, use vuhdo now. I use vuhdo now, most top druid that post on these forums and the official forums use vuhdo openly. We'll never know a solid number, but since it became extremely popular in ICC, many people have switched. Those that haven't just don't want to take the time to do it or don't find the additional things useful enough to spend the time to switch.

As said, ANYTHING you can find with grid, any option, and customization, can be done through vuhdo and very easily. And, it gives things grid does not have.

There is no argument against vuhdo besides people not wanting to take the time to change. It has all the many many addons your have to add to grid in one package, and gives more. It has full buff/debuff options, it would take me an hour to write all the options.....

So, I'd suggest DLing it. Just go through all the tabs, and their side tabs, and look at all the options. That's what I did 1st, and actually seeing everything it had to offer I decided to take the time to switch. Because as said, since it gives every single option grid does but less bugs/latency issues/ memory/ and 1 DL alone makes it worth using over grid for anyone who cares about taking the time to fully set up an addon for themselves.

I havent seen any boss kills from a healer pov using vuhdo in cataclysm, all top guild healers from the video kills i saw are using grid.

About clustering, either your raid stacks up or it doesn't, when it does, you don't need to see it on your addon, when it doesn't, its only effective in melee range. As for wild growth, it has 30 yard range now making the clustering effect for it kind of useless. What i'm trying to say is its useless information that just takes up space in your raid frames. (there is such a thing as too much information so you need to be selective in the info you show on your raid frames)

We can be here forever discussing why grid is better than vuhdo or vice versa. Since im assuming you play a resto druid in endgame raiding, what am i missing from my grid that vuhdo offers?

On grid i track my all my hots (in numbers and diff colors for lifebloom stacks), some useful personal cds, mainly for tanks, raid marks, raid debuffs, swiftmendable targets, current HP of a person for chimaeron fight, name of the person and each frame is diff color based on the class.
    (I didn't include some other stuff like fading when out of range, death, offline etc etc since those are a given)

I havent seen any boss kills from a healer pov using vuhdo in cataclysm, all top guild healers from the video kills i saw are using grid.
    That's a really ignorant statement given you can make VuhDo and Grid look exactly alike. Also, we're not talking all healers here, we're talking druids.