anyone else kinda sick of fossil sites over racial ones?

I'm currently on my last rare for every single race and the moment when i need hundreds of racial archaeology finds i am getting nothing but fossil sites.

Doe's anyone else feel more could have been done with fossils, pretty much everyone finds the raptor mount and pet quite early on but even those that dont find other more useful stuff, it just seems a bit lame that you get two vanity things then maybe something worth 5 gold after 15 minutes of playtime. why not some outland stuff like a clefthoof skeleton skull heirloom shield or something?

I know its a bit of a minor irk but fossils seem like a waste of time and when there my most dig site i cant help but vent a little

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am sick to death of these sites, it actually made me stop grinding for Zinrohk because I had 4 fossil dig sites in EK, so I just said Fck it and stopped for good.

I would love the up coming change to archaeology that stops you collecting fragments passed 200, if it also stops the digsites you have 200 fragments for to stop spawning.

It's not much of a improvement if digsites you have 200 fragments keep spawning after you have 200 fragments forcing you to make some crappy common that sells for 20 silver, just so you can go under 200 fragments, just so you can once again dig up more fragments for a race you have little interest in, since you have both of it's only 2 good artifact.

I have 900+ fossil fragments, i have been forced to dig up, since I got my mount and pet at around 200 archaeology, since then ive had no need for fossils, but was forced to dig them up, just so I would have a chance to have the digsite spawn somewhere else.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-01-22 at 05:55 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Im hoping that a lot of the issues with arch are mainly based upon the fact it's an early prof. However whilst on the beta i provided feedback on several issues with arch as i spent a lot of time in it.

1) Given the size of the old world continents 4 dig sites is quite simply too few, i believe 6 dig sites per continent will see it as being more fluidic and less of moving one end of the continent to the other.

2) fragment trader, trading in unused fragments at a 5-1 ratio or so

3) temporatily disabling of races with nothing left to offer

The really sad thing about this is that i'm at level 400 arch and i haven't found a single rare not even the fossil raptor pet...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Im hoping that a lot of the issues with arch are mainly based upon the fact it's an early prof. However whilst on the beta i provided feedback on several issues with arch as i spent a lot of time in it.

1) Given the size of the old world continents 4 dig sites is quite simply too few, i believe 6 dig sites per continent will see it as being more fluidic and less of moving one end of the continent to the other.

2) fragment trader, trading in unused fragments at a 5-1 ratio or so

3) temporatily disabling of races with nothing left to offer
    i'd like some more, like i know its not cannon but maybe nerubian ones in silithus or vrykul or nelf ones in vashir for the naga and kvaldir.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i'd like some more, like i know its not cannon but maybe nerubian ones in silithus or vrykul or nelf ones in vashir for the naga and kvaldir.
    You used to get night elf ones in vashjir. they removed them though.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhazrim View Post
    The really sad thing about this is that i'm at level 400 arch and i haven't found a single rare not even the fossil raptor pet...
    i only found the gnome leveling but just today i completed more random junk and got the innkeepers daughter, helm of the first shaman, the staff, the sword and a few others i forget, a lot of people get hardly any then a bunch of them unlock at once. its all luck of the draw.

I am frustrated with them as well and hope that blizz does change something more with fossil's later on in another patch; frag exchange or no more specific digs will appear if you've solved all of a race, but it's too soon right now. We have to remember blizz did have bigger plans for Arch pre-cata, then they nerfed it and gave us this mess we're in. Give them time and we shall see changes and hopefully new crap to dig. But i'm generally an optimist and patient...thou after 3000 frags patience does tend to wear on me

Quote Originally Posted by Moogin View Post
    I am frustrated with them as well and hope that blizz does change something more with fossil's later on in another patch; frag exchange or no more specific digs will appear if you've solved all of a race, but it's too soon right now. We have to remember blizz did have bigger plans for Arch pre-cata, then they nerfed it and gave us this mess we're in. Give them time and we shall see changes and hopefully new crap to dig. But i'm generally an optimist and patient...thou after 3000 frags patience does tend to wear on me
    if memory serves weren't fossil sites where you found runes for your titan cult?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a 'filler' dig site and once you get to a high level its useless absolutely. I know alot of good artifacts come from the tol'vir ones, but still, theres only one place in the world you can farm them, that's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Svn View Post
    It's a 'filler' dig site and once you get to a high level its useless absolutely. I know alot of good artifacts come from the tol'vir ones, but still, theres only one place in the world you can farm them, that's ridiculous.
    I wouldn't say it's been completely "useless" cause when a site does come up I farm herbs and mines along the way for my alts and the AH.
    That said.. where else in the world would you expect to find Tol'vir sites except in Uldum? slightly into Tanaris maybe but elsewhere I say no.

yeah fossils are annoying after you complete them and they should implement "if every artifact from race X is complete they no longer spawn" as i think the most annoying part of it is when you dig up say the fossil site in blasted lands check your map for the site that just spawned and you get the other fossil site in blasted lands. all the 200 fragment cap does is prevent hording while leveling it does nothing to address the problem at max level .

just looking at my completed artifacts for them now and the types of things that blizz consider fossils there is room for new fossil based rares such as a skeletal proto drake mount ( i'm thinking frostwyrm like but proto drake model) as well as more useless stuff like spawning a kraken tentacle that will lift you up for a few seconds. basically anything that would make fossil fragments worthwhile.

however i find the fact trolls only have one rare more annoying theres sooooo much more they could have given through trolls rare wise even if it is just useless vanity stuff like nelf.

for trolls they could have had a BoA based on embrace of the lycan from ZF for agi leather users since they get nothing from the profession and they could have brought back something based on jang'thraze the protector and sang'thraze the deflector. and hell a new version of the amani warbear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    for trolls they could have had a BoA based on embrace of the lycan from ZF for agi leather users since they get nothing from the profession and they could have brought back something based on jang'thraze the protector and sang'thraze the deflector. and hell a new version of the amani warbear.
    Hey for trolls they even have all the unused stuff from the gun'drak raid that was never implemented.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arent we all sick of fossils.... Every time i get a new fossil digsite i am about to nerdrage . But instead i stand up irl and make a /target wall /charge.. then i am fine for another trip to the boreing fossil site... zzzzzz please make them more exciteing
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

Having four fossil show up as my next four dig sites are what finally got me to ragequit archeology. So I have them to thank for that at least. What a bunch of wasted time.
    Last edited by Kissmonstar; 2011-01-22 at 11:17 PM.

i honestly think we all are sick of those, i really wish blizz would add a system to where once we got all the digs for a particular group, we could maybe pay a small fee or something to be able to lock ourselves from getting those. they could set it to where you have to get every single common and rare for that set. that would stop people from just getting troll digs only or whatever when they havent gotten a single other rare.