Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demo aoe back

trolls be gone! this is a wishlist thread, not a warlock is fine thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vemynal View Post
    Buff Fel Puppy - I don't like my Sukki, and the Demon Soul Buff from her feels strange ... I want my DoTs to be more effective, and not my SB hit harder.
    Why not SB it is SHADOW too ? :P

oh actually since i play affliction in pvp buff the dispel feedback damage on unstable affliction so its scary again because atm i find most healers just dispel it all the time with no worries about the silence, only time i'm personally finding the silence is only useful if the healer is at about half health and fel puppy silence is up.

oh oh and fear to be more than a glorified interrupt would be nice

Man it's been like 5 years straight at this point I just swallow the nerfs and adapt.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

Deleted
    i personally think that we are fine where we are, certainly i've never had any trouble against similar-geared people except possibly warriors. If there is anything that i'd like to see, it'd have to be a soulburn effect on Nether Ward/Shadow Ward that will also reduce physical damage done, but reduces the duration.

Increase the threat generated by pets, we are as depentent on our pets as Hunters.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    a return to pre 4.0.6! I did not see many real complaints from any class until this patch landed. Reversing the class changes would be a simple fix, Blizzard is not known for simple fixes though so I am merely fantasizing.

for the love of god do not start a lock qq thread. we have no reason to complain. yes dispell protection could be looked at and maybe an interrupt/silence but thats just about it. ever played against a lock in blades edge? tping on and off the bridge? its ridiculous. our pve dmg is fine for the first time in a couple of years so plz. this thread is not constructive. dnt be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashator View Post
    Make aff better for PvE.
    im pulling like 20k on bosses in pve with affliction its awesome, but in any spec i cant put pressure on in 2v2 in any combination. Warlocks just suck in 2v2 at the moment

i want my 30 second dot back (i think it was lifesteal?) ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    Short and sweet list.
    • Impending Doom procs from Soul Fire.
    • Decimation procs from Hand of Gul'dan.
    • Some, but by no means necessarily all of the passive healing back from Fel Armor.
    • Demon Soul abilities for FH and Succy you can use for the full duration of the fight to their maximum effect.
    • More pew pew from Affliction.
    • More Soul Burn effects.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsyday View Post
    i want my 30 second dot back (i think it was lifesteal?) ;(
    siphon life oh how i miss the imba'ness of sl/sl boring playstyle but was so funny watching casters ty and kill your felpuppy with its insane resistances, more so if you had the trinket from TK for even more resistance

Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    l2play, you have 428 dots, 342 different fear spells, pets that can seduce, silence, bladestorm, and stun, drain life, healthstones, slows, and am i forgeting anything? Learn to use the massive arsenal at your disposal.
    Random linking of abilities doesn't make warlocks OP . And certainly DOES NOT make you any better of a player

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Broccolii View Post
    In most cases, you are. Frost mages > Warlocks when the skill of the player is low. A poorly played frost mage will do much, much better than a poorly played warlock.

In RBGs / BGs / Arenas, warlocks are just better.

Give me one instance why you think warlocks are underpowered, in a pvp setting. In fact, they got a lot of indirect buffs this patch.
    Tbh i'll agree with the indirect buffs thingy ... 8% dmg increase for destro ;D

Deleted
    Some people are taking the thread far too literally.. this is a wish list not a QQ list.

I share the wish for less people to be immune to fear and to be able to do damage on a feared target, like those who can do damage to you when you're stunned.

Deleted
    2v2 is a extremly unbalanced bracket and warlock just happens to suck in 2s... however 3s warlock sure has it´s place in some very viable combos... I just gona list the ones on top of my head...
    SHADOWCLEAVE
    Warri/affli/Hpally and now in 4.0.6 priest does also work...
    Feral/affli/holypaladin
    RLS still works good I think not sure tho...

And well warlock dmg is easy to cancell if u just stick a melee on you... but hey thats the life of every caster... You warlocks are not UP in pvp atleast not affli becse if you let a warlock get thair casts of for about 10sec dmg is gona spike hard... and looking at the extreme fear QQ... guess what FEAR is better than for example the mages Sheep as SHEEP heals the target to full in some secs and breaks directly on dmg whitch fear doesn´t... And guess what all other CCs also have a DR its not only yours! You should be happy It doesnt have a 45sec CD like hex witch is the same as fear just that its a curse and u can move freely in it.

The UA spell protection is just fine as most other classes doesnt have one...
    Destro could need a mild spell protection on immolate true dat.. HEY why not give ALL classes with a dot spell protection... and lets make it so if you dispell any dot ingame you will loose 99% of your HP and mana... FFS deal with it... alot of classes have problems with thair dots being dispelled however I´ve only seen massive QQ from destro locks and affli... and for the record affli spell protection is way better than any other in the game... look at shadowpri one a 3sec fear that also shares DR with thair AOE fear

I´d say warlocks have thair place in PvP... PvE I dont know becse I dont give a shit about that.
    If any1 should be qqing its Elemental shamans and boomkins! I´ve done around 300 arena games now in cata and personally I´ve seen 2 BOOMKINS and 1 ELEMENTAL shaman in the 3s bracket, and lots and lots and lots of warlocks both demo and affli and like 2 destro ones...

and for the record my team and I owned the shit outa both the boomies and elemental as they are so easy to kill and has no way to do dmg under heavy presure... destro lock was also kinda silly so I do agree on the point that destro needs some tweeking but hey you can´t expect all of your specs to viable!

Quote Originally Posted by vo1os View Post
    Why not SB it is SHADOW too ? :P
    It's actually listed as a Destruction spell.

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mallerna View Post
    The UA spell protection is just fine as most other classes doesnt have one...
    Destro could need a mild spell protection on immolate true dat.. HEY why not give ALL classes with a dot spell protection... and lets make it so if you dispell any dot ingame you will loose 99% of your HP and mana... FFS deal with it... alot of classes have problems with thair dots being dispelled however I´ve only seen massive QQ from destro locks and affli... and for the record affli spell protection is way better than any other in the game... look at shadowpri one a 3sec fear that also shares DR with thair AOE fear
    Immolate is the bread and butter of a Destro warlock. Our best spells are hampered or won't work at all if our Immolate gets dispelled. I haven't played a lot of other classes in a high-level environment, but please mention one other class/spec that relies that heavily on one debuff. Not having some sort of dispell-resist on it really sucks.

As for Fear and Howl of Terror, they share diminishing returns like your priest example.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2011-02-13 at 12:34 PM.

I think Warlocks are in a fairly good place right now, the only thing that I see us really needing (at least as Affliction) is better dispel protection. As mentioned the perfect way to do that is gunna be through a buff to UA, and I think adding a mana burn to it is the best way to do it. It doesn't have to be much, maybe just like burning (in this patch anyway) 2x as much as a dispel costs, but having it % based so that in later seasons it scales in how expensive it is. I think 7-8% would be a good number.

Granted this is just from the ~2-2.1k perspective since we're currently stuck there, so my perspective might change if we manage to push into the 2.2-2.3k bracket.

I want my fear to last 20 seconds instead of 10
    My dots to do 15k dps instead of 12k dps
    I want to be able to summon my pet again every 20 seconds
    I want plate gear
    I want to be able to have up to 2 pets pulled out at the same time.

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 05:40 PM ----------

I also want to be able to spam shadowbolt and it does 20k instant damage.

Deleted
    Immolate undispellable.
    Bane of Havoc instead of transfering dmg, it would stun the Baned target (for 5s) if 20k dmg is dealt to the not Baned one (only would happen every 20 s).
    Buff Chaosbolt dmg +50%
    Increase Demonic Portal range and reduce cooldown
    Better Demonic Empowerment when using succubus
    Whiplash would be like Shadowfury

TL;DR: BRING BACK DESTRO PVP VIABILITY!