Thread: Arms pvp

Arms pvp

Ok first off, stop saying pvp arms is "broken" or "nerfed into the ground". Arms is stronger than it was before, look at warrior rankings in arenas. There are many more high rated warriors than before. Every good arms warrior (2200+) ive talked to is saying how much stronger they are.

We lost intercept true, but you know what we gained? A SHITLOAD of damage, better stuns, no cc to catch the cc nerf. Ive literally had no problems catching classes besides hunters or mages, and they have always been a problem. As long as you have a decent dispeller or someone else to apply slows for you, we are fine. The difference is that we have to actually think to avoid kiting, like pre-bladestorming roots or heroic leaping effectively, and MSing a pet or something to keep slaughter rolling.

Honestly if your not specced slam, try it. Its our hardest hitting ability (save execute) for a reason.

Just my two cents, tired of seeing EVERY warrior thread on pvp say how broken we are. The warrior skillcap shot up with the patch, we are a lot more difficult to play effectively, but stronger in the long run. Anyone else actually agree or is it "man I actually have to think now?? SO NERFED"

10+ Year Old Account
    So u recommend specing into improved slam?

I agree don't know why every arms warrior prepatch I know was arms but once patch came they ALLLL went fury, given ok fury was upgraded butttt imo without the cds being blown fury is meh compared to arms in a pvp sense. Since patch arms is to me way better as well, nerfed HS? still does decent enough of dmg to me, stay on ur target and ur execute/overpower/MS is all 30% increased dmg which was better than what that talent was before. No intercept but shorter charge cd which is good enough for me. Overall is more dmg and more skill needed which is fine by me, warr forever!! And yes I agree slam does do dmg sooo if ur thinking u can work with the cast time of it go for it, im not even specced for it and it hurts.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, i feel deadlier now than pre patch on my warrior

In Wotlk warrior had Charge&Intercept (2 gap closers), Cataclysm pre 4.0.6 Charge&Intercept&HeroicLeap (3 gap closers) now its back to 2 gap closers Charge and Heroic Leap. It feels balanced

And 14 sec glyphed CD charge is sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Deleted
    well what i have looked the arena ladders (2v2) only like 1-3 are warrior in top 10 anymore b4 patch when checked was like in every battlegroup was at least 1 warrior in top 10. And warrior at arena junkies says that arms is pretty shit atm

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Been waiting for these threads to pop up. Ye, we (Armswarriors) lost an way overimportant gapcloser on our nemesis frostmages, but if you shift focus to the 9 other classes we totally rip to shreds with our high sustained damage and abit of RNG-luck (LttS), we're in a very good place at the moment!

No, I aint the best arenaplayer yadda yadda, but been playing Arms since vanilla, so I've seen many ups and downs. This is an up! :-)

The problem with Arms at the moment is not the change to charge/intercept, but the inclusion of charge on the DR and the 8 sec duration on (all) slows. Hamstring must be literally applied every 5th global CD and charge will DR itself if one is careless.

Before any other stuns are up is Charge into Throwdown the best stunlock in game? Yes. Arms is not broken, but the changes make it increasingly difficult to stay on your target.

But make no mistake...when I catch you, GG.

Balls Deep!!

Yes one can live with 2 gap closers, thats not a problem at all. Problem is since the patch i consantly meet in a 3v3 bracket where one of the member is a f.mage or a hunter. These two can kite you to death, warrs can not really do anything about them. If i stick on them, i can cut down their health to around 50 or with luck 25 % but thats all, they are off again and till i get close to them their hp are more or less full again, and we are playing this game on and on. Yesterday met with f.mage hunter and a shammy combo as i reckall. Ofc we lost. Im playing with a h.pala demo lock and me arms. Last week we won 7-2, now we lost 2-8...
    Im not a pro gamer, never will be. Im justa decent warrior, sometimes have big moments sometimes not, but yesterday i felt so noob, since i simply just run up and down like an idiot.
    Another funny thing is that the charge stun dring itself, so many times its just useless

Time is needed to adopt to the changes. Hope it will be better

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    h.pala demo lock and me arms
    An horrid setup if you ask me. Change the lock for a Dk or Enh shaman, something able to root your focus in place
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Avestheman View Post
    The problem with Arms at the moment is not the change to charge/intercept, but the inclusion of charge on the DR and the 8 sec duration on (all) slows. Hamstring must be literally applied every 5th global CD and charge will DR itself if one is careless.
    Pretty much sums it up

I can definitely feel the impact of losing intercept in arena's, however, i have been doing much better than i had before, probably due to the fact that i play 2's and my partner isnt getting totally destroyed anymore, i play an arms/disc team,good dispels make it much easier to catch people . although im beginning to wonder if i should just spec out of throwdown i got almost no use out of it this week for arena games, the same can be said for slam. I won all my matches this week and i only times i actually used slam was on another platey. Just better be sure you have both imp hamstring and piercing howl, trust me youll need both.

Deleted
    Arms is stronger than it was before, look at warrior rankings in arenas. There are many more high rated warriors than before. Every good arms warrior (2200+) ive talked to is saying how much stronger they are.
    That isn't really a fact. Yes, there are alot of warriors in the top rated teams. But go check how many of them that actually played MORE then 5 games this week.

I can't believe you'd want to spec out of Throwdown. That's still one of your best skills to save yourself or your teammate when they're getting hammered.

I really hate the change to put Charge and Intercept on the same CD, not necessarily from a balance point of view, but because that was one of the most fun things in the game for me--ping pong or back to back stuns to irritate the other team. Sad Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Avestheman View Post
    But make no mistake...when I catch you, GG.
    that right there i see so many ppl over looking me after they see im arms and im fine with that their healer never knows what happened till hes in their gy bitching at his team to cc me
    ignoring an arms warrior because of charge/intercept nerf and thinking your going to be just fine is the equivalent of a standing on the free way during rush hour and thinking your going to be just fine

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerg View Post
    That isn't really a fact. Yes, there are alot of warriors in the top rated teams. But go check how many of them that actually played MORE then 5 games this week.
    This.

You say good warriors knows how to play the class as it is now?
    Weird, how come the best warriors rerolls? Barburas, Annihilate want me to go on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

It's pretty much season 5 all over again. I remember being one of the only geared pvp warriors season 5 because i was one of the stubborn ones who wouldnt reroll flavor of the month. First week at 85 i realized pretty fast i had accidentally rolled fotm, and it was nice for a while. but this nerf bat is nothing new.

I agree with the OP for the most part.
    I can still wreck faces in BGs and...Yes if we play with a Holy Pally (or any healer) we are fine, and pair us with a DK and we are also just fine.
    I just feel like we are severely pigeon-holed into playing with certain classes. We have lost all synergy with anything that stuns their opponent, yet we need to run with a melee that can snare so we aren't so useless. Also, every other class similar to a warrior brings more to the table in arenas.

I think most comps outside of TSG are going to be a lot more painful to play though. and i havn't even played TSG this expansion, its just the impression that i get *skaaaaa*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Arms is stronger than it was before...
    When I read that I honestly thought it was a troll thread and I kept on reading hoping for a cheap laugh ...oh man, the disapointment on my face when I realized you were actually serious.

Everyone you've talked to.. ok, but how's your team doing ?
    Had the worst day in arena today... couldnt kill a 107k rshammy, ofc switched to his unpeelable dk mate where I had just about the same succes.
    Fuck charge, that shit ain't no gap closer the second time you use it, not to mention if you had to throwdown the dude too.
    Then again vs hunter resto druid.Hell if he cared that I did only ~20k crits on him, it's not like I could get more then 2 hits anyawy.

l.e. : here's what my >2200 "friends" have to say
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/19...aying-warrior/
    Last edited by mmocffcb256aa5; 2011-02-17 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    This.

You say good warriors knows how to play the class as it is now?
    Weird, how come the best warriors rerolls? Barburas, Annihilate want me to go on?
    Yes this it what im trying to say, you might got me wrong. What im trying to say is that there is many warriors in the top rated teams BECAUSE they was good before the patch. And they are still up there, just because they have only played this weeks games to get points.

I used to have HS in a normal rotation but I've found you should take that out and use slam in its place.
    My priority:
    VR - stay alive to do damage
    MS - beyond anything else keep lambs up, more important than anything else concerning damage.
    Execute - if its up and you have rage reserves, kill em quick
    CS
    OP
    Slam
    HS - off rotation, only use during DC

Having to hamstring so often really hurt damage, so did mobility as it decreased uptime a LOT and also causes lambs to drop off.
    Also using throwdown and getting "immune" is great! Using charge and not being anywhere near them because they're immune is great!

The patch is an example of extreme overnerfing. The juggy nerf alone would have decreased our damage / performance too much by itself, but the other changes that compound it make it so that Arms is a terrible choice vs any comp that kites you.

The nerf to arms is basically the opposite of what happened to hunters and spriests.
    Spriests were strong before the patch and blizz's classic style of only nerfing/buffing to the extreme turned spriests into gods of destruction, and turned arms warriors into free HKs.

Don't even bother PvPing without a cleansebot.