Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since thorn was knocked out, Ulay spoke Zandali again.

"For something that does not live she has a very mortal weakness for alcohol. I think we leave her here. She won't go anywhere and I think touching or waking her could be dangerous. What do you think?"

Sure enough, Thorn was knocked out by the alcohol. Shujaa looked at Ulay with a amused look, and just then he started speaking in Zandali to her. Shujaa was a bit angered by Ulay's suggestion. How could he think leaving Thorn here would be wise? It was clear she was in no position to take care of herself. She needed somewhere to sleep over the night.

Shujaa looked down at Thorn and smiled. She stroked a bit of her hair that was spread around the table. Shujaa did not know why but, she almost teared up when she watched the little construct. Thorn would not hurt anyone, not now.

"I'm not leaving her here, it's too dangerous. There are plenty of rooms here, I'll buy one. She needs sleep, proper sleep."

She looked up at Ulay again, this time her expression and her voice was a lot more stern.

"Do what you want, but I'm gonna make sure she's okay."

"You think after what happened here anyone would touch her? but fine, I will help you. Let us carry her. You get the dangerous end."

Ulay pointed at Thorn's head and smiled.

"Barkeeper. We will need a room. The nugget I gave ya shoud be enough for a night right?"

Shujaa shrugged and locked her arms around Thorn's shoulders. Her head was bobbing around as Shujaa lifted her up on her feet, so Ulay could grab her feet. She really did not weigh much, and her body felt frighteningly thin. Shujaa smiled when she made a mental comment about her weight, as if that would affect an undead in any way.

Shujaa continued to back up the stairs to the second floor. When they had gotten up Shujaa realized what situation she had gotten herself in and couldn't help but laugh.

"I'll tell you one thing, being around you two has been quite the experience. I did not think I'd be carrying a scourge construct to a bed with another Gurubashi troll when I woke up this morning. I can't remember the last time I had such an exciting night. We should do this more often."

In the corner, Sora finished his answers to the questions and tucked the paper under his cloak. Picking up his now empty wine bottle, he moved back to the bar. "Barkeep, another bottle!" Surveying the new arrivals, his eyes were drawn to the burly human with two large axes hanging from his belt. He carried himself with the confidence of a man who knows how to use them. Stepping up to him, Sora asked, "Play cards, big man? Over a drink perhaps?" As he spoke, he pulled a deck of cards from beneath his cloak, emblazoned with images of scantily clad Sin'dorei maidens.
    Death is the only true release, the only real freedom.

Sora Dawnblade Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...94#post8142294

Shaza'Kiel Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...69#post8342969

"I would like to keep the stabbing to a minimum though. And my meetings with other Gurubashi end differently usually."

The expression on Ulay's face was stern. It was not that much fun to him but he felt this things to be serious. Now that he reflected on it the situation was highly bizarre.

Shujaa stopped for a second and looked at Ulay. She gave him a playful look and took a deep breath.

"Are you always this serious? Come on, just look at what we are actually doing. You have to admit this is funny."

Shujaa tilted her head to the side and shook it lightly to display how puzzled she was by him. Right after she backed into a secluded room with one large bed in it.

"Can you fix the bed so I can tuck her in?"

She was holding Thorn around her shoulders and armpits still. Just then, it hit her. Shujaa beamed like the sun at Ulay and spoke again in a rather loud and high pitched tone.

"What do you even mean by "end"? What's to say our night is over, and more importantly, how do you foresee this night ending?"

Ulay carefully set down Thorn's feet and started preparing the bed.

"Let us get our friend safe and sound. Then we can talk about how and if we end this night."

The hunter was thinking about too many different things now. Shujaa, the empire they left, the miracle and riddle that the construct posed to him, truth was he had no idea were this was heading.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-06-02 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard wander around when a strong looking Blood Elf warrior addressed him. "Play cards, big man? Over a drink perhaps?"

"HA! Just what I was looking for!" Richard gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder and pointed over to a near by empty table, "Lets take that one over there. Ho ho, you even have my kind of cards!"

Shujaa didn't respond to what Ulay just said. She was starting to get rather noisy, and Thorn was still not tucked in properly. While Ulay had his back turned fixing the bed, Shujaa started wondering what to do with Thorn's clothing. Shujaa herself could not imagine sleeping in all of her armor, at least not in a comfortable bed. But undressing her...that was propably taking it too far. Shujaa figured she could at least take off her gloves and such, there was no harm in that. But just as Shujaa pulled one of the gloves gently, she felt it was stuck. When Shujaa realized the armor was in fact the undead's skin, she was shocked. Ulay turned around again once the bed was fixed, but Shujaa kept a straight face. She put Thorn down on the bed and carefully wrapped her with blankets and made sure her head was resting on the pillow. Shujaa stroke her hair one last time and then turned to Ulay.

"I guess we're done here. So, now what?"

Ulay bend his knees and was sitting with crossed legs on the floor in mere seconds.

"Well I think I still owe you a story. If you are still interested in hearing it. It seems you left Zul'gurub early. So I figure I could tell you about the things I personally miss about it. The few good things you know."

That was what really interested the troll. How would another person flee the empire and survive like him. They were alike, at least a bit. He had to know how much they really had in common.

Shujaa was thrilled that Ulay wanted to share a story with her. She still could not help but tease him a bit, so she tilted her head again and pouted her lower lip.

"Do I have to climb beams again to be able to hear your story, or can we sit down like the civilized trolls we are supposed to be somehow?"

Shujaa then completely changed her tone, deciding to be serious once again. They were about to discuss things that should not be joked about, and Shujaa wanted to prove she could be serious about that as well.

"But no, Ulay, I would love to hear your story. But perhaps we should not speak in here?"

She turned her head towards the head where Thorn was sleeping silently and looked back at Ulay.

Ulay was kind of disappointed by her suggestion. But he would not tell her that at this point. He had the feeling that her tone would change again soon enough.

"Fine. let us go to the guest room then."

The troll gestured to the guest room. When they arrived back there, he quickly collected his armaments and weapons, which have been safeguarded by his companion. He folded his armor as good as possible and bound it to his belt with the help of his hood's scarf. Then he sat down on the table they were staying last.

"So you still want to hear that story then?"

Shujaa followed Ulay to the guest room. When they arrived, she watched how the other troll grabbed his weapons and things. Shujaa raised an eyebrow. Why did he feel the need to put all that on? But she did not question it, not now. She was genuinely interested in hearing his story.

"Please, tell me everything."

Ulay leaned in to Shujaa closely. He whispered to her.

"Stories like this can only be told where the spirits roam free. Not a place like this. made of dead wood. Full of people who don't understand us. And with our friend in good care we have time to visit such a place. And well,..."

Ulay gently stroked Shujaa's cheek.

"You still have to earn it."

With this words Ulay stomped out of the guest room in a few big steps. When he was standing in the door, he turned around for a second, winked at Shujaa, and vanished into the night.

Deleted
    A low moan left Thorn. There was no way an undead with her experise in poisons would be knocked cold that fast by mere booze. Thorn had been left alone often, and she figured she'd have been able to just pretend to be cold, and the two trolls would've walked away minding their own business. Instead they had carried her all the way up here and tucked her comfortably in the bed. Blinking a bit, Thorn felt the exhaustedness like needles all across her body. It seemed like the Troll really cared.. Thorn would have to ask why, once she woke up again. Closing her eyes, Thorn actually fell properly asleep this time. Breathing calmly, slow and steady.

In mere seconds Ulay was gone. He was still teasing, much to Shujaa's delight. It was time for a game, time for them both to play outside of this bar. Shujaa thought to herself for the 100'th time that night how odd Ulay was, but she was really starting to like it. He was...challenging and mysterious. He surely was a breath of fresh air in Shujaa's life.

Just when Shujaa started running after Ulay she remembered Thorn. Even though she was fast asleep, Shujaa felt bad to leave her. She had to leave some form of insurance, so she could feel confident that Thorn would not leave. While still running after Ulay she dug up a handful of coins, smashed them on the bar counter and yelled to the bartender.

"If dat lil' forsaken come down tell 'er Shujaa will get 'er a surprise if she wait for 'er!"

And with that, Shujaa threw herself head first through the door, and out on the docks running towards the jungle.

((Since I'm assuming Valine has gone to bed, I'm just going to carry on. I'm getting anxious and I want to participate! :P))

The gnome continued to look at the blood elf in hopes of response, but he began to feel ignored and turned away. "Yeah, it was a dumb question anyways.."
    He turned and tossed a silver piece on the counter, picked up his drink and jumped down from his stool. As he did, two trolls sprinted out of the building into the night.
    He smiled, "Well they seemed nice." As he surveyed the tavern he saw a blood elf and a human playing cards and decided to approach.

"Hello fellows, how's the game this evening?"
    To be the hero is all I'll ask.
    RP Character Bio: Zook || Albert "Al" Fletcher Jr.

(Dal'iesha is just a name I gave to Sin'dorei blackjack, since I can't see them calling it that.)

Sora was in the process of dealing out a hand of Dal'iesha, another heavy pouch of gold by his elbow with a few coins spilling out onto the table. Suddenly a gnome approached them and enquired in a roundabout way if he could join the game.

Silly little swindlers... Still, if I keep close watch on him it can't hurt to fleece the little guy.

Using his foot to push one of the other chairs out, he adressed the gnome, "Join us master tinker, as long as you don't have some miraculous device for stacking a deck on your belt." Taking a swig from a new bottle of wine, he reshuffled and dealt the cards out fresh. "1 gold buys a hand gentlemen, place bets before we turn the cards."
    Death is the only true release, the only real freedom.

Sora Dawnblade Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...94#post8142294

Shaza'Kiel Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...69#post8342969

"Join us master tinker, as long as you don't have some miraculous device for stacking a deck on your belt"
    "1 gold buys a hand gentlemen, place a bet before we turn cards."

"Spiffing! I'm always up for a game or two, and if you give me a moment, I could whip a device up like that in a short time." The gnome winked and chuckled to himself. He sat in the chair that the blood elf had pushed out for him. Reaching into his pocket, he drew one gold and placed it on the table.

"Shall we?"

((You'll have to walk me through on the playing cards aspect, I'm an RP noob!))
    To be the hero is all I'll ask.
    RP Character Bio: Zook || Albert "Al" Fletcher Jr.