Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mana Drain was removed.. when is Mana Burn being removed as well?

Tbh I don't get the point of removing only one of these abilities.. mana burn just makes BGs and arenas frustrating. If you're not removing it at least give it 30 seconds cooldown.

Drain mana was removed because it took mana away from one person and gave it to another person. Bliz decided this was not good in a pvp environment because there wasn't a downside to a lock spaming mana (in other words they would drain the other casters of mana and be at full mana themselves). Mana burn and the hunter mana thing are still in the game because both of those requires the one burning the mana to lose resources to do it. So a priest can mana burn another caster into not having any mana but then the priest will also not have mana. It's a fair tradeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Drain mana was removed because it took mana away from one person and gave it to another person. Bliz decided this was not good in a pvp environment because there wasn't a downside to a lock spaming mana (in other words they would drain the other casters of mana and be at full mana themselves). Mana burn and the hunter mana thing are still in the game because both of those requires the one burning the mana to lose resources to do it. So a priest can mana burn another caster into not having any mana but then the priest will also not have mana. It's a fair tradeoff.
    The trade off is that mana burn does damage on top of making you lose mana. And mana burn burns more mana in less time than drain mana did. Not to mention the big blue "hey come over here and lock me out of my primary school of magic" beam.

Deleted
    manaburn has a casttime,when a priest is casting it, go behind a pillar.
    drain mana however is instant and even if you move behind something it kept on draining mana, that´s the main reason why manaburn is still here and drain mana isn´t

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    it will be removed

Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    manaburn has a casttime,when a priest is casting it, go behind a pillar.
    drain mana however is instant and even if you move behind something it kept on draining mana, that´s the main reason why manaburn is still here and drain mana isn´t
    your assuming there is always a pillar to get behind. and mana burn takes away quite a bit of mana for very little cost. That's why half people roll disc priests, insane shield absorb and mana burn = shitfaced opposing healer

Mana drain was mindless and full of bad. Priest mana burn is like 1.5 second cast time and does minimal damage. Like the poster above said, Locks could just cast it on you and even if you go LoS, it still channeled. You must be refering to the 2v2 bracket which a joke all together. My suggestion, stop playing healer/x. Double dps is the way to go unless you like 30+ minute matches, then by all means.

Mana burn has always been better then mana drain. Channeled spells are such trash

I'm still not sure why Mana Burn hasn't been given a CD yet. It would make it a good spell to cast but non-spammable in a lot of situations that would give the priest an extreme advantage (during cc chains/stuns or high damage times).

I can totally see Mana Burn being removed in today's WoW.

It is vastly superior to Mana Drain.

If you are defending Mana Burn, chances are your main toon is a Priest.
    I have a high level priest, but it isn't my main, thus I can remain objective.

Let me just put it this way....
    I'll be more surprised if Mana Burn STAYS in WoW, than if it leaves.

---------- Post added 2011-02-17 at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

You have shown your ignorance regarding Hunters.

There is no Hunter "mana draining" ability in the game at this time.

mana drain was op where mana burn isnt, if you are out of cover for even 0.5seconds mana drain hooked on you, and you could not get out of it via los. but mana burn can easily be los'd even if you have to break cover to throw a hot or something.

if your getting hit by more than one mana burn your doing something really wrong

Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    mana drain was op where mana burn isnt, if you are out of cover for even 0.5seconds mana drain hooked on you, and you could not get out of it via los. but mana burn can easily be los'd even if you have to break cover to throw a hot or something.

if your getting hit by more than one mana burn your doing something really wrong
    I love arguments where people conclude that if <this> is happening to you, you are doing something really wrong.
    That's sarcasm, I actually find it annoying.
    Why?
    You have no idea what scenario someone might find themselves in.
    There may be no way for someone to prevent a Priest from spamming Mana Burn on them.
    You just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You have shown your ignorance regarding Hunters.

There is no Hunter "mana draining" ability in the game at this time.
    Ah I hadn't realized they removed Viper Sting as well.

In what ways is mana burn superior to mana drian?

Not all classes are created equal. Maybe they want priests to retain their ability to mana burn. Just because warlocks lose mana drain does not mean that other classes should lose similar abilities.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    If you are defending Mana Burn, chances are your main toon is a Priest.
    I have a high level priest, but it isn't my main, thus I can remain objective.
    Sweet false correlations, bro. Glad to know that whatever might apply to people who disagree with your points couldn't ever possibly apply to you.

Deleted
    Baddies will always cry about mana burn, srsly learn to know how pvp works with priest and l2p, thanks.

Mana burn is OP too, and is one skill button for healers in arena, they should think remove it too.
    For the Greater Good.
    www.allods.eu

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana Burn =LoS, mana drain = spam when in sight then they screwed...

It's not about classes being equal. It's about Blizzard looking at Mana Drain first because abilities that drain the resources are being taken away simple as that, Mana Burn is next and will also be completely removed.

I don't know many warlocks who miss mana drain anyway. It wasn't on MY bar... lol
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".