Thread: Up yours.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Up yours.

No it's about balancing the game for millions of players and not making changes based purely on what some vocal members of the community ask for. This game has always been designed and created by Blizzard. We appreciate your feedback, we take it all in, but not getting your way does not mean we don't care about what you have to say. Game design is not a service industry.
    Quote from Bashiok taken in a blue post link on the front page of MMO-C.

I'd appreciate it if you guys took the time to take it in, think about it, take a deep breath, and let your brain understand the truth.

Then you can reply in this thread, saying you finally understand and you're sorry for annoying so many people with your useless whining posts.

Or you can say that you disagree, and you enjoy being wrong.

I agree it's not a service industry, however Blizzard does listen to feedback from players. Remember the Real ID Blizzard was planning for the forums? Blizz wanted it, but the players didn't, so Blizz listened to the players and reverted the change.

blizzard is good company. BUt , I just dont like the direction wow has gone. maybe, I'ts just to hard to balance pvp and pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think at this point Blizz should be listening and responding more positively to players comments and suggestions. most people who play have been playing over 3-4 years. The players are who pays their bills. We have problems with a product that we pay for monthly. More should be taken with a greater concern. This game has been getting boring for people more and more. There was once a time where people played this game competitively and took it very seriously, i don't really see that drive from the player base any longer. Seems the game is very slowly losing it's edge. But i guess it's to be expected after 6 years with very little competition from other franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I agree it's not a service industry, however Blizzard does listen to feedback from players. Remember the Real ID Blizzard was planning for the forums? Blizz wanted it, but the players didn't, so Blizz listened to the players and reverted the change.
    They key here is Blizzard listens to FEEDBACK, not whiny drivel from someone butthurt cuz they just got owned in PVP or one of their spells/talents got nerfed. If you want Blizzard to actually listen, then make it a coherent logical post that describes what you want without sounding whiny or bitching or whatever. Being an ass gets you nothing in life, and certainly gets you nothing here either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Being an ass gets you nothing in life...
    That's not quite correct.

Deleted
    Strange because i could have sworn i agreed on a Terms of Service thing each patch and i have a hard time seeing how running an online rpg is not a service?

Also, just because some guy posted it doesn't make it the truth fan drone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    That's not quite correct.
    Yeah.

I don't think the important bit was bolded though:

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled
    but not getting your way does not mean we don't care about what you have to say. Game design is not a service industry.
    There ya go. There is a difference between giving feedback and leaving at that, and giving feedback then nerdraging when the company doesn't do it immediately (just because you gave feedback).

[Edit: I also didn't read that as an "Up yours". Bashiok is telling it how it is IMHO.]
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

I read the entire post and I have to say, if I spoke to and belittled my customers the way that Blizzard has in this post I know exactly how many customers I would be left with.
    5% of people think. 10% of people think they think. The other 85% of people would rather die than think.

They listen to feedback, but because they do not cater to your demand, does not mean they don't like you. I agree with B 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

millions and millions and MILLIONs of people play.. thats a fact. you also cant please everyone. getting used to that fact will make life just a tad easier to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Being an ass gets you nothing in life.
    An idealist! Kill it quick!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Totally agree with you Arhi. Blizzard is not service oriented at all. They are actively hostile, in fact, toward a lot of their players. They actually taunt them and make fun of them for their feedback.

The wheels are coming off the cart at Activision-Blizzard if you ask me. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    millions and millions and MILLIONs of people play.. thats a fact. you also cant please everyone. getting used to that fact will make life just a tad easier to swallow.
    But trying to explain to a select group of people that while it is a game, it has ties into the RL and therefor is ruled by RL regulations is enough to cause an aneurysm
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

I agree with Blizz. It's their game, they do with it as they desire, and we pay to play it if we like it. If you don't like it, you take your money elsewhere. That's how these things work. And I for one am ecstatic at the fact that Blizz finally grew a backbone and stopped caving to the players' will at every sight of forum QQ.

You pay $15 a month to play a game. You don't pay $15 a month to have the game designed around your ideas and philosophies. You should expect regular balancing and bugfixes as part of those $15, but you shouldn't expect Blizzard to change things just because you don't like them.
    Last edited by Tore; 2011-02-17 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhi View Post
    Quote from Bashiok taken in a blue post link on the front page of MMO-C.

I'd appreciate it if you guys took the time to take it in, think about it, take a deep breath, and let your brain understand the truth.

Then you can reply in this thread, saying you finally understand and you're sorry for annoying so many people with your useless whining posts.

Or you can say that you disagree, and you enjoy being wrong.
    He's right. You might want to clarify you're not actually whining about what he wrote though. I think this topic will be locked and you might risk a ban. If you value rules, you should've gone and checked the ones for this forum.

But Bashiok is absolutely right, and the community of this game has this selfrighteous sense of entitlement that is out of this world. It's based on ignorance and stupidity, of people not understanding how things work.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by writerbythelake View Post
    Totally agree with you Arhi. Blizzard is not service oriented at all. They are actively hostile, in fact, toward a lot of their players. They actually taunt them and make fun of them for their feedback.

The wheels are coming off the cart at Activision-Blizzard if you ask me. Good post.
    You've done nothing but post flamebaits and trolling in your few posts here on mmo-champion, so I think you should reconsider your position and statements before an early ban.

Game design isn't a service industry.
    Operating an MMO community IS.

Bash here is confusing "service" with "slavery" I believe. You don't go to a restaraunt or a retail store and expect to have all your demands met immediately no matter how ridiculous. You expect good SERVICE - meaning you get what you pay for, no one puts their balls in your food, the store stands by it's products to an extent, you pay a fair price, and occassionally some manager or clerk has to listen to you whine while they smile and nod.
    Now, if you go, let's say, out to dinner and demand a steak for the price of a side of fries, you shouldn't expect to get it no matter how much you rage. This isn't a "service" problem.
    However, if you're at that same place and order a steak, pay for a steak, and get a basket of fries - the service side of this is someone needs to make it right, or at least explain the issue to you, and listen to your reasonable complaints.

Blizz, technically, provides a service in the form of an ongoing game that we ongoingly pay for. If WoW was a single player or one and done xbox game, this wouldn't be true. But, while the game itself is a product, the online portion of the game is a service. Blizz has obligations to do things like fix the server, provide customer support, and fix problems.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    He's right. You might want to clarify you're not actually whining about what he wrote though. I think this topic will be locked and you might risk a ban. If you value rules, you should've gone and checked the ones for this forum.

But Bashiok is absolutely right, and the community of this game has this selfrighteous sense of entitlement that is out of this world. It's based on ignorance and stupidity, of people not understanding how things work.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 12:20 AM ----------

You've done nothing but post flamebaits and trolling in your few posts here on mmo-champion, so I think you should reconsider your position and statements before an early ban.
    What? why are you attacking me? I haven't done anything wrong at all.

Amazing. I agree with the OP and I'm flaming? I don't get it. Honestly, no clue what you mean. Did you mean to quote someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by writerbythelake View Post
    What? why are you attacking me? I haven't done anything wrong at all.

Amazing. I agree with the OP and I'm flaming? I don't get it. Honestly, no clue what you mean. Did you mean to quote someone else?
    Well, if you aren't flaming/trolling, where's the proof for them 'making fun of' players? The few times I see Bashiok or someone similar jab fun at a player, it's in good humor, and the target player, at least every time I've seen it, also takes it in good humor. I mean, I saw a string of posts that basically went

Bashiok: Hehe, your gnome looks angry
    Player: Hehe, yeah
    Player 2: BASHIOK IS MAKING FUN OF PEOPLE
    Bashiok/Player1: wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Game design isn't a service industry.
    Operating an MMO community IS.
    Ah, but you see he didn't write operating an MMO, he said "Game design".

But, while the game itself is a product, the online portion of the game is a service. Blizz has obligations to do things like fix the server, provide customer support, and fix problems.
    Absolutely true. The day-to-day operations of running an MMO (i.e., keeping the servers up, fixing bugs that crash the client, etc.) are totally their responsibility and should be acted upon. However, for example, demanding that Tanks should have more threat generation capabilities, is a Game Design decision. A decision that needs to be weighed against factors other than individual opinion or personal observation. This is where you trust Blizzard as a company to do their due diligence, listen to the feedback, take in all of those factors, and produce a change/fix/or no change to continue to make the game "fun" and continue to keep you paying.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon