Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    That was at the very end of the expansion, right before a new expansion drops most of the high end stuff becomes available to the masses. It's not like you could get full t7 by running heroics for a day.
    Uhhh, it was over a year before the end of the expansion, and said expansion only lasted two years, so you're looking at half the expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    I should've clarified--I meant when 4.1 is announced, or at least gets closer.

You have to admit, whatever resources you buy, the JP->Resource ratio sucks. I can get 20 herbs in 10 minutes. Can you get 3k jp?
    Which is exactly how they intended it to be, not cost effective while still letting you spend your JP on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Uhhh, it was over a year before the end of the expansion, and said expansion only lasted two years, so you're looking at half the expansion...
    Well, if you meant buying t9 by doing daily randoms for a bit, you can still do that. I assumed you meant farming heroics to get t10 at the end of wrath, or farming them when ICC just came out for t9. We'll be able to buy our 3 pieces of t11 by farming heroics in 4.1 as well.

Which, going back to my original post, is why when 4.1 gets close it would be worth it just to cap jp in anticipation for buying current valor when they're downgraded. Willing to bet you could make a better profit. I just wasn't very clear.
    Agreed, although the BoE's will probably drop down in value so much it'll still be hardly worth it but, at a guess, still better than 20 herbs
    Last edited by Digits; 2011-02-21 at 04:19 PM.

Which, going back to my original post, is why when 4.1 gets close it would be worth it just to cap jp in anticipation for buying current valor when they're downgraded. Willing to bet you could make a better profit. I just wasn't very clear.
    That is, assuming you actually need VP gear. Most everyone in my guild is just selling their VP boots nowadays because we're all 359 geared.

Well, if you meant buying t9 by doing daily randoms for a bit, you can still do that. I assumed you meant farming heroics to get t10 at the end of wrath, or farming them when ICC just came out for t9. We'll be able to buy our 3 pieces of t11 by farming heroics in 4.1 as well.
    Ah, I see. Pre-85 4.0 was such a disaster that I barely played this game at all between October and December, so I wouldn't know.
    Last edited by Stevoman; 2011-02-21 at 04:19 PM.

My guess is that we'll get:
    Raids:
    New raid boss in Baradin Hold
    Firelands raid
    1-2 additional raids. I tend to think it'll be 1 long raid rather than 2 short ones.

Dungeons:
    1-2 new dungeons (most likely 1) with regular (84-85) and heroic modes. Hopefully the regular mode will drop i333 gear, not i346 gear. Heroic will drop i359 (unknown if all drops will be i359 or if just some).
    1-3 classic dungeons (most likely 2) given a heroic mode that drops i359 gear (unknown if all drops will be i359 or if just some). <- pure speculation
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Or you know, they could just reduce the price on items....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well

8 bosses X 90 points = 720
    7 dayli hc X 70 points = 490
    For a total off = 1210

So even if everything stays the same, we're still pretty damm close too the weekly cap

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Or you know, they could just reduce the price on items....
    They could... but then we lose out on content.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingsteak View Post
    Well

8 bosses X 90 points = 720
    7 dayli hc X 70 points = 490
    For a total off = 1210

So even if everything stays the same, we're still pretty damm close too the weekly cap
    10 man bosses drop 70. I think 25 man drops 110.

I thought blizzard already made it clear. When 4.1 comes:
    - your current JP are nullified
    - your current VP become JP
    - gear that currently requires VP (359) will cost JP
    - gear that currentlly requires JP (346) will cost less JP
    - new gear (372) will require VP
    - bosses that now give VP will give JP
    - new bosses will give VP

I'm sure there was some blue post about it some time ago
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Who says it's making a gap? If we don't get double VP per boss and/or old bosses won't give VP anymore then we will simply gear up slower. I really do not see what the OP is on about.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    BH will get a new raid boss every pvp season, so when Season 10 starts BH will get a new boss

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeroyJenkems View Post
    TL;DR - 14 bosses available now that drop valor. 8 bosses in 4.1 that will drop valor. What will make up for the gap?
    Shouldn't new tiers be harder, so maybe they want it to take longer to gear up aswell? Either way who cares, the important items will be easy to get from new BH boss, and most of the time only a few actually needs VP gear.

There will very likely be another, unannounced raid that comes with Firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I thought blizzard already made it clear. When 4.1 comes:
    - your current JP are nullified
    I'm not sure about this one. They didn't nullify them when Cata hit, and they'd catch a lot of grief for it. I do think that if you're over the 4k cap after VP is converted the excess will be converted to gold tho.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Legin View Post
    Who says it's making a gap? If we don't get double VP per boss and/or old bosses won't give VP anymore then we will simply gear up slower. I really do not see what the OP is on about.
    1) It's a content gap. Less current content for 4+ months until the next tier is released
    2) Like you pointed out, we will gear up slower. I don't care about that, but some people love having the best gear in the shortest amount of time.
    3) It's against Blizzard's stated raid philosophy for Cataclysm. They stated that we will have multiple raids per tier so people don't get bored of running the same thing every week.

In reply to the original title of this thread. I don't think Blizz will see a problem with VP's even if there are less bosses, as long as it is still possible to get the VP cap each week. It is the VP weekly cap that is holding players back from getting gear too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I'm not sure about this one. They didn't nullify them when Cata hit, and they'd catch a lot of grief for it. I do think that if you're over the 4k cap after VP is converted the excess will be converted to gold tho.
    Yeah, this blue post suggests that as well:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-a-second-what

Although I think I have seen some post saying that JP will be nullified but until I can find, it's probably untrue ^^
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Which is exactly how they intended it to be, not cost effective while still letting you spend your JP on something.
    Which begs the question. Why even run the content if you get no benefit from it? Spending 10X the amount of time getting jps that buy items that will take far less time to farm really isnt much incentive for people to continue running heroics. Hell, I've stopped running normal mode dungeons as JPs mean nothing now so why even bother? I'm going to wait to see how 4.1 plays out but if the older raids do indeed revert to JPS instead of VPs, i think thats gonna be the end of me in the game, not that it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    There will very likely be another, unannounced raid that comes with Firelands.
    I' not sure. T5 had 9 bosses, t9 had... 5 bosses, 6 if you include voa one. 2.4 Had 6 bosses. Why can't 4.1 have 7 bosses only?

Quote Originally Posted by daburton View Post
    Which begs the question. Why even run the content if you get no benefit from it? Spending 10X the amount of time getting jps that buy items that will take far less time to farm really isnt much incentive for people to continue running heroics. Hell, I've stopped running normal mode dungeons as JPs mean nothing now so why even bother? I'm going to wait to see how 4.1 plays out but if the older raids do indeed revert to JPS instead of VPs, i think thats gonna be the end of me in the game, not that it matters.
    But if Older Raids don't revert to JPs, you'll be able to overgear the content too easily as you'll be running i359 content to purchase i372 gear, which doesn't really work well with Blizz's philosophy (yes, I know you can run 1 random i346 a day to purchase i359, but that's highly limited in earnings potential). That said, maybe the HC mode will continue to drop Valor?

JPs will be able to purchase T11/i359 as of 4.1. Yes, if you're already i359 across the board there won't be a point running the old raids (again, maybe in Heroic?), but that's not what JP is designed for. It's designed to help gear up people trying to enter the VP-level of content. If you're already at the VP-level, why would you bother raiding old instead of new?

EDIT: Partially misread your question. Yes, you can decide not to run heroics now and wait until 4.1 to run old raid content for faster gear growth. But you'll always be a tier behind. If you don't mind that philosophy, go nuts.