Thread: APB:Reloaded

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    The game is being run by GamersFirst ( K2Network ) stay the fuck away from that game by all means
    World of Warcraft is being run by Blizzard! All they want is your money! Stay away, stay away!

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    World of Warcraft is being run by Blizzard! All they want is your money! Stay away, stay away!
    I dont think you have much experience with K2 then, go google K2 + Knight Online and do some reading
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

I dont think you have much experience with K2 then, go google K2 + Knight Online and do some reading
    You do realize GamersFirst is only a publisher right? They have never actually 'owned' their own game before APB. To give you an actual idea - Knight Online is developed by the MGame Corporation, and K2 only handles customer support among a few other menial tasks.

K2 Network, Inc. is a computer game service company in Irvine, California. K2 Network brings games from Asia and services them for North American, South American, and European markets.

I read on a random forum post on another website that the beta would begin on Monday. Is this true? If so, has anyone actually gotten accepted and access to the beta download client yet?

You do realize GamersFirst is only a publisher right? They have never actually 'owned' their own game before APB. To give you an actual idea - Knight Online is developed by the MGame Corporation, and K2 only handles customer support among a few other menial tasks.
    K2 has never owned a game, they buy a license for a game ( mostly asian ones ) and rehost it themselves. K2 host the servers, maintain them ( poorly ) run every single aspect of the games they have. The only major difference when I was playing their games and connected to their company was they had little access to coding changes and only able to modify small parts at a time.

K2 doesnt give a shit who you are, if you are bringing money to the table they will welcome you with open arms until someone with more comes by. Every single one of their games is plagued with hackers and very little is ever, ever done
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

K2 has never owned a game, they buy a license for a game ( mostly asian ones ) and rehost it themselves. K2 host the servers, maintain them ( poorly ) run every single aspect of the games they have. The only major difference when I was playing their games and connected to their company was they had little access to coding changes and only able to modify small parts at a time.

K2 doesnt give a shit who you are, if you are bringing money to the table they will welcome you with open arms until someone with more comes by. Every single one of their games is plagued with hackers and very little is ever, ever done
    Dealing with hacks is actually the responsibility of the developer. Coding changes have to be made to account for the hacks. Its not as simple as 'ban' him. If they can't have the code changed they can't get rid of the hacks definitively. Its a constant struggle and one that never ends.

The fact that they bought a game, that I and plenty others loved, and are re-hosting it for us rather then seeing it get bought and stripped for its customization among other things is reason enough to be happy. Owning the game will give them the control they never had over licenses.

Also, do you think Blizzard care about you? What gaming companies out there actually care about you - there isn't many.

I couldn't care less about who the owner of the company is. If the game is enjoyable, that's all that matters. You shouldn't judge if you are going to play a game or not based on the owner of a company. Honestly, I think people who base judgement on a game based on who it's run by are just being nit picky. The blizz devs have done a lot of things that piss me off, but I still love WoW.

Patch notes and closed beta info is out on the newest blog entry. I think the clothing and symbol layers are too low (personally) but I will like paying for premium anyways so it doesn't bother me. It does say "Initially" though so I'm amusing its still under revision. I think some like 50 / Symbol, 20 / Car, and 20 / Clothing would be more reasonable. The rest seems fine for a closed beta.

Deleted
    Patch notes and closed beta info is out on the newest blog entry. I think the clothing and symbol layers are too low (personally) but I will like paying for premium anyways so it doesn't bother me. It does say "Initially" though so I'm amusing its still under revision. I think some like 50 / Symbol, 20 / Car, and 20 / Clothing would be more reasonable. The rest seems fine for a closed beta.
    Thanks for posting. An update of them is found on my Twitter (#AllAboutAPB) as well.

I had actually signed up for the closed beta when I first heard about it and am happy that I got my "key to San Paro" e-mail on the 24th. Now I'm just waiting around for when the first wave of real beta invites go out, fingers crossed.

I was actually interested in playing APB back when RTW ran the show, but the game closing down was announced before I got the chance to pick it up. Damn shame too, because I watched a review of the game and even though the reviewer seemed to hate everything but the character customization the game sounded awesome to me.

So is there anyone around who played the game upon release that can explain, in detail, what went wrong?

Oh, and I've been lurking on the GamersFirst APB forums, marveling at all the cool characters people made.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2011-03-01 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    The game is being run by GamersFirst ( K2Network ) stay the fuck away from that game by all means
    Actually, dont stay the fuck away, I have it on good authority (drinking buddies with the lead designer) that they're going down the same road as RTW would have gone down, all the changes are pretty much what RTW was going to do. Also you do realise that the majority of G1's games are not actually made by them? Merely published and sold? Never base a game on a developer, bad habit imho.
    Also OT: Looking forward to going back, here's an OLD beta vid of me pwning
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFM9vZe5DSg
    *edit*
    A clan mates video, he's exceptionally good ^^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBF9aUrwSk
    Last edited by mmocf08d5c1c9a; 2011-03-01 at 07:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am just struggling to submit the stupid beta application, it keeps giving me "Your DxDiag is in an unrecognized format" every time. I have tried to submit the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version through IE8, Firefox and Google Chrome but same error.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    I am just struggling to submit the stupid beta application, it keeps giving me "Your DxDiag is in an unrecognized format" every time. I have tried to submit the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version through IE8, Firefox and Google Chrome but same error.
    you are submitting it in a basic .txt or .rtf file right? I know that sounds like a stupid question but you'd be surprised what people will do >.<

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So is there anyone around who played the game upon release that can explain, in detail, what went wrong?
    Cheaters, campers and exploiters everywhere. Cheaters being the most extreme. They even had this currency called RTW points. 400 RTW points or so was the price for a 1 month subscription. So you could buy it from real cash through their site. But someone had a genious idea to make RTW points obtainable ingame. The AH even had an option to sell stuff for either RTW points or cash. This leading to no one actually paying to play the game as getting 400 RTW points through selling stuff took you like 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Cheaters, campers and exploiters everywhere. Cheaters being the most extreme. They even had this currency called RTW points. 400 RTW points or so was the price for a 1 month subscription. So you could buy it from real cash through their site. But someone had a genious idea to make RTW points obtainable ingame. The AH even had an option to sell stuff for either RTW points or cash. This leading to no one actually paying to play the game as getting 400 RTW points through selling stuff took you like 5 minutes.
    You didn't explain the finer points of the Real-Time World points. What happened, gold farmers bought these points in bulk - they then sold it on the auction house for a reasonable price (100 points = 10 000 cash). They then turned around and sold the cash through theirs sites for more money - rinse repeat. In short: exploitable system.

The cheating issue wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. There was undoubtedly a presence of hackers, but it was more so 'you suck and think everyone hacks' type deal. As you can't exactly spectate someone in a massive multi-player game it became a circles of accusations. I'm hoping they have plans to add a proper kill cam.

Most of the really good camping spots where fixed to be more accessible by the last patch. However, you had some exploitable (unintended) spots that could be used so no one could ever reach you. What criminals would do is go: run cars, rob stores, and pedestrians till they got an APB on them - they then would proceed to exploit into a wall, statue, tree or even the floor. This wasn't incredibly popular but it was very annoying to run into.*

None of these issues are really why they went out of business though. The game didn't reach the planned success right at release. Issues with the disclosure agreement stopped big sites from publishing articles, a bug ridden launch, poor beta test, and rumored (if not confirmed) financial difficulty dating before the release.

*Its important to note even if you knew how to execute some of these exploits you usually couldn't kill them do to invisible walls, or the spot only being big enough for one. An example was the tree (in Waterfront I think) that you could easily get to but you couldn't shoot the person in the tree even if you jumped on their head.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2011-03-02 at 05:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, tried saving it as .txt file and a .rtf file through Notepad, Wordpad and Word 2010

You're supposed to copy everything in the dxdiag file, and paste it in the application text box, if I remember correctly.

but it was more so 'you suck and think everyone hacks' type deal.
    *sigh* And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't play FPS games online very often. If you have the gall to actually be better at it than some people they will go to great lengths to make sure everyone knows he thinks you're a cheater.

Looks like first wave of beta invites went out. I didn't get one. Damn.

APB was extremely unbalanced and unfair. There was nothing to prevent you from being grouped against a high level as someone who is just starting. You had absolutely no chance against them, and the game was more stat based than skill based.

ITS LIVE GOT MY DOWNLOAD FOR CLOSED BETA PHASE 1 TODAY they accepted me after the application proccess!!!! WOOT!!!!

---------- Post added 2011-03-02 at 06:46 PM ----------

btw how do we get this thread as the official sticky'd thread for the new APB:reloaded thread? i hate trying to find this back n forth lol