Thread: chaos bolt

chaos bolt

Doesn't chaos bolt say it can persist thru anything (or something to that effect).....so y can't it pierce thru a pally bubble?

Deleted
    Good point. Very good point indeed! May I point you towards the official forums?

Chaos Bolt Level 85
    7% of base mana 40 yd range
    2.5 sec cast 12 sec cooldown
    Sends a bolt of chaotic fire at the enemy, dealing 1311 to 1665 Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorption effects.

I see nothing about "Immunities".

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50796/chaos-bolt

OP has the truth.

QUOTE=Omnicient;10648426]Chaos Bolt Level 85
    7% of base mana 40 yd range
    2.5 sec cast 12 sec cooldown
    Sends a bolt of chaotic fire at the enemy, dealing 1311 to 1665 Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorption effects.

I see nothing about "Immunities".
    and this guy has a point too.
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2011-03-04 at 11:40 PM.

"Sends a bolt of chaotic fire at the enemy, dealing 1311 to 1665 Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorption effects."

A paladin's bubble is an immunity and not an absorption like a priest's Pain Supression, a druids Barkskin, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time it has ever pierced through immunities was in beta and that was considered too op by blizz. The tooltip clearly states absorption effects as noted above. A paladin bubble doesn't not absorb damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntdshadow View Post
    Doesn't chaos bolt say it can persist thru anything (or something to that effect).....so y can't it pierce thru a pally bubble?
    Can only pierce through absorbtion, so against a pally bubble it'll do nothing.

The reason it doesn't pierce bubbles or other immunities (like it was originally intended to do) is because blizzard realized that if you make an immunity and then make something pierce that, and then make something that thing can't pierce, and then something that can pierce and so on and so on. so they decided to take out the immunity part and make it just arbsorbtion instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unatural View Post
    * 80% of all Raid bosses is Melee Unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Aren't raid bosses supposed to be unfriendly? I thought that's why we were trying to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by mikklas View Post
    "Sends a bolt of chaotic fire at the enemy, dealing 1311 to 1665 Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through all absorption effects."

A paladin's bubble is an immunity and not an absorption like a priest's Pain Supression, a druids Barkskin, etc.
    Above are not Absorbs right?
    But it WILL go through a Nether Ward, PW: Shield, Devine Aegis, Paladin's mastery and certain absorbs
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

Quote Originally Posted by mikklas View Post

I don't believe your examples are actually right. Neither Pain suppresion nor barkskin do any arbsorbtion effect, they simply just reduce incoming damage.... so it works against things such at Power word: Shield, and stuff like that, and the holy pala mastery effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unatural View Post
    * 80% of all Raid bosses is Melee Unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Aren't raid bosses supposed to be unfriendly? I thought that's why we were trying to kill them.

It used to go through pally bubbles but blizz changed it for whatever reason.

It goes through PW:Shield, only thing I really notice at least. lol

It originally DID penetrate everything - a true tribute to chaos damage from Warcraft 3.

It got nerfed into the ground for a variety of reasons, none of which I consider particularly reasonable.

It used to be immunity... was hell more fun back then!....

was talking about this spell during our 10 heroic Concave attempts. Would this count toward the damage that needs to be done on Rohash's Shield for it to break, or does it ignore it and do direct damage to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Phraun View Post
    It originally DID penetrate everything - a true tribute to chaos damage from Warcraft 3.

It got nerfed into the ground for a variety of reasons, none of which I consider particularly reasonable.
    It never hit live as Chaos Damage or immunity-piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessari View Post
    It never hit live as Chaos Damage or immunity-piercing.
    Personally, I think with the size of health pools now, those changes should be reverted.

spell sucks should be removed or changed. worst warlock tier cap talent , haunt = awesome for affliction,,, metamorph= awesome for demo,,,chaos bolt = incinerate on cd basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsedict View Post
    spell sucks should be removed or changed. worst warlock tier cap talent , haunt = awesome for affliction,,, metamorph= awesome for demo,,,chaos bolt = incinerate on cd basically.
    it procs replenishment, which healers love. otherwise i agree completely.
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

Because dev plays paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by SLhyphy View Post
    Personally, I think with the size of health pools now, those changes should be reverted.

QFT^ I love having to kill Pallys twice.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.