Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, he can play. He creates a different account (as he already did) and uses that to start the game. He just wouldn't get the extra content that he had on the other account.

Btw, his post history proves him to be a trolling little shit. I smiled when I heard his sob story.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    He was banned/suspended off "Bioware Social", which incidentally means he couldn't activate his game. It wasn't a ban aimed at his game, but a bad side effect (that they should probably fix).
    You don't need to activate it online to play it though.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Sorry to correct you Simca but he cannot get to the profile page of his account thus he is unable to activate his game. He can't play the game until he activates it even in SP.

(That's how I understand it anyway)

Quote from him;
    And he's lying or being stupid, because you still don't need to activate it online to play it.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2011-03-11 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Activision is no better lol. Theres nothing wrong about this, since he was not banned from playing the game anyways.
    Stop putting your tongue up Bioware's collective ass would you.

What happened is UNACCEPTABLE. It's the same as if they came to your house and took your gamedisc away.
    I dont give a shit about their excuses, the fact remains that they removed that guy's access to a SINGLEPLAYER game.

As if DA2 wasnt mediocre enough, now this shit happens. Same reason i never bought Spore and their ridiculous DRM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post

What happened is UNACCEPTABLE. It's the same as if they came to your house and took your gamedisc away.
    I dont give a shit about their excuses, the fact remains that they removed that guy's access to a SINGLEPLAYER game.

As if DA2 wasnt mediocre enough, now this shit happens. Same reason i never bought Spore and their ridiculous DRM.
    Again, since its apparent you cant read all the posts before yours.... He could still play single-player he just had to be offline. They in no way shape or form forbid him from playing the single player game... they just took away his online account which locked him from purchasing DLC and getting achievements, he could still play the single player if he wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post

Stop putting your tongue in your own ass and learn how to read and comprehend before bashing people. You are 100% wrong.

Deleted
    Sounds to me like a troll got what he deserved for trolling the site, and is now spreading misinformation which is complete BS and blown out of all proportion. Meh.

Christ I would have loved to have been there when the rage hit the fan so to speak though lololol !

That is horrific. Really really horrific. Makes me glad I didn't purchase that consolized pile of overpriced crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatShammy View Post
    Again, since its apparent you cant read all the posts before yours.... He could still play single-player he just had to be offline. They in no way shape or form forbid him from playing the single player game... they just took away his online account which locked him from purchasing DLC and getting achievements, he could still play the single player if he wanted to.
    So they didn't ban him from playing the game single player, but they did restrict his access to the DLC he earned / paid for. Are you really going to be that guy who tries to say it is an important difference? You're basing your entire argument on semantics.

lol you can play offline i just downloaded a rip and played the game
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Hm... a case of someone going, "Oh god, I violated the ToS I didn't bother reading and now I'm paying the consequences and I don't think I should have to!" essentially.

Long story short, read your ToS for everything. Don't be a dick. Accept your consequences. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

I'm really worried about the direction video games are taking. I thought the blizzard forums were bad with their draconian over moderation. Now this? Regardless of what anyone says, what bioware/ea did here was wrong. Completely wrong, and it's more wrong that these "agreements" let them do whatever they want to do people dirty. Between this and the DRM thing in the other thread I'm really starting to question bioware.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Sorry to correct you Simca but he cannot get to the profile page of his account thus he is unable to activate his game. He can't play the game until he activates it even in SP.

(That's how I understand it anyway)

Quote from him;
    He probably doesn't understand that when you start the game, it brings you to the EA Login screen, but you can hit "Close" instead of logging in and it skips the login and goes to offline mode.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777 View Post
    So they didn't ban him from playing the game single player, but they did restrict his access to the DLC he earned / paid for. Are you really going to be that guy who tries to say it is an important difference? You're basing your entire argument on semantics.
    I'm not basing my argument on semantics. The whole complaint of this thread was that he coudln't play the single-player which he could. He got banned from the online interaction you can have in the game which is the dlc in this case. If someone was being an asshat like this guy on wow and they got banned they would be banned from online interactions which in wow's case is the entire game. This happens all the time but I don't see any threads saying how unfair Blizzard is and how they are never gonna support Activision/Blizzard ever again. Bottom line if you click I AGREE on the TOS and EULA you really don't have a say if you didn't read it and you broke the rules. Theres a reason they have those on almost every game made now. This guy broke the rules and got a 72 hour ban from online interactions which is not unreasonable by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Fucking disgusting. As if EA wasn't bad enough murderin gthe C&C franchise, they pull shit like this? And Bioware just submits?

Bullshit I say, and as a gamer since I was five years old, seventeen years ago this shit utterly fucking disgusts me.
    Ya I was pissed about cnc 4 not being playable offline
    alo ea let cnc outta da house and a new company is developing an unannounced new cnc game nd from what I've read they were big westwood fans
    back ontopic, I wish computer developers would stop trying to make omputer games into consoles, I mean have u heard of people getting malware from their games*cugh spore cough* or getting permbanned from playing those games offline like cnc4 ea is a giant trendsetter that unfortunatly has never had a good track record for being customer friendly
    Last edited by Sableye; 2011-03-11 at 10:46 PM.

You know Rift will ban you if you say something in chat for anywhere ranging from one hour to 72. Blizzard will do the same thing. However their is massive amounts of misinformation out there. The poster described below was banned BEFORE he activated his code. Had he said that after he activated it. No one would have said anything. I disagree with his methods.

I have been on the Bioware site, I have seen this man create several accounts, (At least ten) just to spam the borads. Since Bioware doesn't require you to verify email or ISP ban you. The man has been on a 2 day crusade for this, a threat to the mods claiming to download the game elsewhere illegal. Spamming the broads, insulting vulgar comments. Pretty much since he was banned he has spent 10 hours plus creating several accounts.

People will think "Well they banned his account, in game for something he said in a forum" Not true. I have played bioware's games while I was under a 24 hour ban. I really don't see the point of interest in this topic in the TOS you give the rights over for them to do whatever they want to your account. He insulted a member of the EA management and now he's creating a whirl wind of trouble. I can tell you from personally having been on the bioware's site, it has been a headache.

Bioware even allowed a thread to grow on their site about the protest of it. Had it be done on any other gaming forum he would have been ISP banned. And the thread deleted. bioware devs actually interact with you daily, they don't hire a team of mods to work on every issue. The same people working on the game are the same ones you can PM. Just my two cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedj View Post
    it was only for 72h though.
    but still, having to active your SINGLE PLAYER OFFLINE GAME through any online program is at best, retarded.
    if you buy an offline single player game, you should be able to play it without internet connection or even an account for that matter.
    jesus, where we are going to..
    Agreed.
    That's why i've decided to NEVER buy a single player game that requires me to connect to the internet to play again. Not to mention that these idiotic companies sometimes even manage to screw up the launcher and take half a day to fix it and you can't even play your SINGLE PLAYER ONLY game.

lol that sucks for him. Odd to see. if someone said Blizzard sold their souls to Activision on the wow forums I would think it would go unnoticed. Some of the best jabs and insults come from GMs for wow. Not sure if its good or bad just different and too bad for that guy getting banned for 3 days and having to wait to play his brand new game but I guess he learned who is the boss.

ehh lol i didn't know you had to be online to play dragon age 2? i didnt, it said to login to your ea account, i just hit cancel i dont want to do all that crap, and I've been playing the game for a few days now, i dont have an ea accout nor am i interested in having 1, i play my games like dragon age 2 offline and there is always cracks or ways to do it, online activation is dumb, fighting piracy or not, because nothing has changed in last few years, just get the game, toss crack on, play and ignore online stuff. The only downside is getting the DLC packs and extra content, which require an account and all that..but just like in DA1 and awakenings, there was cracked versions of those as well, so it just takes a little time, they will be out for DA2 as well.

just my 2 cents

That a pile of crap...seriously!? Damn...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Had a similar issue when i was without internet for a few days.

I watch Hulu usually, so that was out. Basically no TV.
    I couldn't play WoW or Rift, of course.
    I couldn't play any steam game.
    I couldn't play Command & Conquer 4 (this is just bizzarre)
    I couldn't play SC2 even. Both are single player mostly, but if you do not have net access, you can't play, even single player (perhaps i was doing something wrong, but fact is I couldn't play either game w/o internet).

So yeah i was 'forced' to play DVDs and play COD4. Not like being without net access is a hardship, but it is damn inconvenient now. Pretty much everything I do relies on the net.