Is wow really paying the toll since rift?

The Numbers are staggering on the recruitment threads. It reminds me late ICC times when recruitment was down the crapper. 5:1 Guild player ratio @ 5 month count to cata. It seems to me after countless hours recruiting. Us wow players find it to be happening again. The Ratio is going back up. This isnt a player market anymore. We have sunk into a dewelding of missing players all over the place.

Since the release of RIFT we have seen more and more guilds fall. Less and less players LFG. Wow recruitment is hitting a depression. Only to this will be the demise of the all time fav game World of Warcraft. This is just the beginning. When D3 takes place we will see a much bigger impact on wow then we seen with most popular games being released. Where to now many people ask me. Should we pack up and find another guild? To later find out we have to move again? Then again mabe after that?

This is just what I see. You are welcome to troll me or think I am hating, but deep down this is what will happen further down the road unless blizz comes with better ideas then what they have gave us on live servers. I dont know truly but the end is near for world of warcraft. Nothing has changed since the release of vanilla. Its like walking into your friends house and he still has a TUB for a tv and not a slick 40+ inch LCD HD 1080i Flate screen on the wall, or driving around in a beat up beamer that is 20 years old. We live in a tech. world that we have to buy the BEST and the NEWEST thing.

Again this is my opinion. I post to hear what others have to say. Also you are welcome to troll I do not care. I say it as i see it.

XirØny of Zangarmarsh <-- For now anyways..

What can I tell you, wow will become a PvP game.
    And PvP u can go solo or with some of your friends, no need of 30+ players to be online at the time and other $hit.
    Learn about consequences before try something.

Deleted
    Maybe on your realm but not on ours, sure we may have lost a few players to it...But they'll be back

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild failed a week before Rift. We had 9/12 bosses down on normal mode. Not that great, but for a ragtag groups of people who could only logon twice a week, it wasn't all that bad.

I logged on last night to check the guild list, we've only lost 10-12 people since that last raid. Some of our core raiders (or who were our core raiders) haven't even logged on since.

It just seems like everyone has vanished. None of my irl friends play any more. My arena partner who I got to 2k rating with transferred server, then quit. It's not even like they're playing Rift either, they're just not playing any more.

Stormwind gets less busy every day.

I used to see the same old names I was competing with when playing the AH, I never see them any more. I've got nearly 300k gold now, and nothing to do with it.

I don't know whether it's just that I'm part of an older generation that was well into gaming when WoW was released, and as such I don't call it my be all and end all of games. The people that still play are probably those that aren't bored quite yet, are under the illusion that you have to 'put effort' into games and as such it's bad if you stop playing because your 'effort is wasted', are in high end raiding guilds and logon just for raids (a lot of my old friends from my previous guild fall into this) or perhaps are just casuals or bads who just level alts/professions and make gold.
    Last edited by Fierae; 2011-03-20 at 12:20 PM.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

300k GOLD?! JEZUS! OMG GAWD! tell me your secret!

Deleted
    tbh, i like rift more than WoW. I still sometimes might play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by siver View Post
    lolol.. i have 400k But nothing to do with it.

rift sucks and Wow is not falling any time soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Maybe on your realm but not on ours, sure we may have lost a few players to it...But they'll be back
    I don't think so this time. Many will prefer playing no mmo, when Rift gets boring, than the old WoW.... you won't be always back.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    rift sucks and Wow is not falling any time soon.
    Personal opinions are welcome. I never even seen the Trailer for RIFT. But that doesnt condone to the true of the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siver View Post
    No secret.

However, if you're lucky enough to be on Azjol-Nerub EU when I logon, I give away 1k gold every few nights, just because I feel like it.

Last night's winner was a character called 'Thehulkk' some warrior I think.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    I don't think so this time. Many will prefer playing no mmo, when Rift gets boring, than the old WoW.... you won't be always back.
    Also i have to agree with ou bluegirl. Its like eating pizza for a month strait. You get sick of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed. There is an off topic forum for just this type of thread. Plus, there is a Rift General discussion thread that is to be used. Found: here