10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Combat in SWTOR is designed around PvP not raids
    I don't ever remember the devs saying this. They designed everything with PvP in mind, not soley around PvP. At the end of the day SWTOR is still a PvE game with PvP. Granted it looks like they are handling it better than most. But, we'll see about that.

Quote Originally Posted by thenextaverageguy View Post
    The reason why they are bashing him is because he somes into this thread with nothing constructive to say, just "KOTOR is one of the worst games I've played in ages". I could care less if someone comes in here saying how they didnt like KOTOR, just as long as they have something constructive to say about the current game that this thread discusses, which is SW: ToR, if not, please leave your personal opinions to yourself instead of coming into the thread just to say how bad a game was in your opinion. Once again, this is a thread discussing SW: ToR, not what do you think of KOTOR/KOTOR2?.
    Could it be because a lot of posts have been about KOTOR? Oh wait, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I don't ever remember the devs saying this. They designed everything with PvP in mind, not soley around PvP. At the end of the day SWTOR is still a PvE game with PvP. Granted it looks like they are handling it better than most. But, we'll see about that.
    This is truth.

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 07:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Could it be because a lot of posts have been about KOTOR? Oh wait, yes.
    Tord, while you haven't come in here and explicitly said TOR blows, you have undertones in nearly every post. Perhaps you don't even mean that to convey, but it is.

Any chance you can take a step back and perhaps rephrase certain things you were going to say, that way it doesn't look like you are semi trolling?

Thanks. I appreciate it. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Second the TBC and Vanilla places i listed were not gankfests they were good World PvP areas, there was a case of 2 rogues on PvP server ganking people on Quel'Danas but they got some heavy bans for griefing people who just wanted to quest there.
    I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on the bolded part here, as on PvP servers you cannot get Banned for griefing that is a result of constant ganking of characters, that is the entire point of PvP servers, and it is even stated within the GM ticket question tab that Ganking is not a reportable offence on PvP servers and will not be looked into at all unless they were exploiting to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on the bolded part here, as on PvP servers you cannot get Banned for griefing that is a result of constant ganking of characters, that is the entire point of PvP servers, and it is even stated within the GM ticket question tab that Ganking is not a reportable offence on PvP servers and will not be looked into at all unless they were exploiting to do it.
    Not to get off topic. But, it all depends on the GM handling the ticket. Under most cases, correct, you can't get banned for ganking on a PvP server. Should it fall under harassment, you can. Although it would have to be under extreme cases. I actually got a 24 for constantly ganking 1 human paladin for roughly 3 days in SS. I ignored everyone else but him.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Not to get off topic. But, it all depends on the GM handling the ticket. Under most cases, correct, you can't get banned for ganking on a PvP server. Should it fall under harassment, you can. Although it would have to be under extreme cases. I actually got a 24 for constantly ganking 1 human paladin for roughly 3 days in SS. I ignored everyone else but him.
    Thats sucks man, i used to camp this one guy for about a month at one point in Wotlk, yet i never got banned. i actually wish i still had the screenshot in my folder of a GM i actually asked of this to once, he said something along the lines of

No you cannot be banned from this game for constantly ganking one person if it is done on a PvP server, these servers are specifically put here to allow people to show their bloodlust and Disdain for the other faction. The only case in which it could be reportable is if you were also harrassing the playing with vulgar or demeaning language whilst doing it.

Otherwise my friend, GANK AWAY! , this game is of course called World of WARcraft, and not World of "I'lljustlettheother factionlivebecausei'mpickingflowers"Craft
    That being said, I will be killing each and every Sith I see, no matter the level on Sw:tor. No mercy for the Wicked! That also being said, I am not someone that complains about being ganked, I tend to just out smart the ganker and escape.

Deleted
    I was wondering are the classes on each faction the same? I know the names/spell names are changed but in general do both factions have the same classes or are there any unique to each faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Sithiwa View Post
    I was wondering are the classes on each faction the same? I know the names/spell names are changed but in general do both factions have the same classes or are there any unique to each faction?
    It has been said that while the spells look and sound different, generally classes are the same,

Along the lines of a Sith warrior will have a move that he strangles someone at 30ft away for 200 damage.
    and a Jedi Knight will do a move where they throw a piece of debris at the enemy 30ft away for 200 damage

Both moves will be same length, and do the same damage, and will probably have the same Scaling, yet they just look different in the way they are done, so that different factions can keep the "flavour" of their faction without looking exactly alike, whilst keeping mirror class balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no. Some mirror up very closely, others do not. The Jedi and Sith are very close in what abilities do, but the look and feel is very different. IA and smuggler vary a bit more, and BH Trooper are pretty distinct.

That said, nearly all abilities will match up more or less to the opposite class.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-12 at 03:59 PM.

I'm expecting the various classes to be fundamentally the same as their opposing side counterparts assuming they are specced in similar ways. Granted I don't think a smuggler will be sitting there with same gadgets and gizmo's as an imperial agent but they're both going to be fighting dirty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of ganking, nothing beats a close guild. In WoW, when a guildie was being camped, we'd roll out in force. Always a blast. Or having a 40 man raid completely dominate a zone and all opposing faction members. Ah the memories. Can't wait to do that in TOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    It has been said that while the spells look and sound different, generally classes are the same,

Along the lines of a Sith warrior will have a move that he strangles someone at 30ft away for 200 damage.
    and a Jedi Knight will do a move where they throw a piece of debris at the enemy 30ft away for 200 damage

Both moves will be same length, and do the same damage, and will probably have the same Scaling, yet they just look different in the way they are done, so that different factions can keep the "flavour" of their faction without looking exactly alike, whislt keeping mirror class balance.
    Ok sweet thanks for the info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Speaking of ganking, nothing beats a close guild. In WoW, when a guildie was being camped, we'd roll out in force. Always a blast. Or having a 40 man raid completely dominate a zone and all opposing faction members. Ah the memories. Can't wait to do that in TOR.
    I'm a gonna steal your Jawa while you are ganking! (assuming you are going to play a BH)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    I'm a gonna steal your Jawa while you are ganking! (assuming you are going to play a BH)
    My Jawa will eat you. (He's half rancor on his father's side)

=p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    My Jawa will eat you. (He's half rancor on his father's side)

=p
    I call bull. I'm gonna yell Utinni and he will join. Done deal. Also I'm gonna steal a Sand Crawler and pretend I am playing GTA IV in the Star Wars universe. Man do things get nasty when I get on the bus in GTA.

On an SW ToR note: Do you think they will do what Blizzard did, as in have different accounts for US and EU. Because now if I want to play WoW on a NA server, I have to buy the US version of the game. I hope BioWare does not impose the same restrictions.
    Last edited by mmocb95650c314; 2011-06-12 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by delnadris View Post
    None of the cracked versions work on vista / windows 7, so unless you plan on installing XP just for KOTOR, don't even bother.
    Absolutely untrue. As a matter of fact, you need to apply the noCD crack .exe to your Steam install for the widescreen fix will work.
    Works fine on Windows 7, doesn't even need any compatibility settings. I do have to set its CPU affinity to a single core though (in task manager) or it crashes a lot. Hasn't crashed once since then.

Quote Originally Posted by tamlus View Post
    as far as steam goes when i said "Idk where i can buy them" I ment to say idk what website i can illegally download this game for free without the FBI on my ass or a virus. My bad.
    I wouldn't know about any FBI but I hear the pirates have plenty of working copies of KotOR, you could probably obtain one from their bay.
    Honestly though, it's only €9 on Steam (€10 on D2D), the title is well worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    On an SW ToR note: Do you think they will do what Blizzard did, as in have different accounts for US and EU. Because now if I want to play WoW on a NA server, I have to buy the US version of the game. I hope BioWare does not impose the same restrictions.
    I hope not, even though trans-atlantic lag would be unpleasant, it could be nice to say hi to some people.
    We'll have to wait a while to get an answer though, Bioware haven't talked about details such as servers, regions, accounts or pricing at all yet.
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2011-06-12 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    5 scientific reasons the Dark side will always win.

Also give us Jedi Consular updates!!

Pity i will not be able to face you on the field of battle trollsbane, you bounty hunter scum.

On a side note thank you for the stirling job done on all this info

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    Pity i will not be able to face you on the field of battle trollsbane, you bounty hunter scum.

On a side note thank you for the stirling job done on all this info
    As evidenced by your avatar, it would be, "Game over man. Game over!"

Deleted
    Does anyone know if there will be lots of servers or just 1 or 2 major servers like in EVE Online?
    If there are, will there be the same horrible servers like RP - PVE - PVP as there are in WoW?