Queue times question

LK queue times were certainly less than they are now, and i tend to feel as though the dungeons were faster than they are now too.

Would less trash and thus faster runs result in lower queue times as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue times were lower because content and gearing up were both easier, leading to more tanks and healers in the queue. I'm already seeing queue times for dps down to 15-20 minutes on my realm, which is pretty close to what it was in Wrath, so it seems like the balance is getting closer to what we had in 3.3.

Not necessarily. You still need the appropriate players joining the queue along with you. If one area (tank/healer/dps) is lacking, times will be longer. And that's the problem with the matchmaking system - you have three times as many dps spots to fill as you do tanks or healers.

What's the fix? Hell if I know.

Possibly... (this is clearly speculation here) I feel like one reason queue times are so long is that a chunk of players got scared off from healing in early cata from all the "omg healing is so hard" stuff that went around. Also, I know a ton of healers and tanks who just refused to pug because they have had so many bad experiences.

Deleted
    Give or take, since I tend to play at odd times - like 4am - seen dps queues below 10 minutes already and having a tank but waiting for a healer isn't something weird at that hour. Still 20+ minutes in the evenings though.

I still get 20-25min queues on my server but nothing like when Cata first came out. I'm gonna wait to hardcore heroic grind until Za/ZG get in and i get more groups with appropriate gear

As has already been mentioned. It has a lot to do with gear. When the LFG system was introduced in wrath, it was at a point where people where already rolling through dungeons by being over geared. At cata launch everyone was under-geared for heroics leading to much longer run times.

This doesn't need to be fixed at all. If they made changes to allow current groups to run a heroic in 10min, then by the time the next tier or two roll around heroics will take what, like 5min to burn down.

Even as it stands things are a lot easier than at launch, I geared my shammy up in heroics by chain running them for a day or two, averaged maybe 1 or 2 wipes and a 15-20min total run time for any random heroic.