Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fight your own faction in rated BGs was a necessity

This was a must have as horde teams grossly out number aliance ones the queues to fight an alliance team were getting longer and longer.Also, across the board horde teams were outstripping alliance ones, the top rated bg teams have a very high horde concentration. This was the only way forward.

Without this, you'd have mass outcry from alliance players that horde were OP'd, you'd get mass cry from horde players that matches took far too long, and yet another potentially cool feature would be mediocre at best. In blizzards eyes, compromising the faction integrity of the BGs is a small price to pay.

NExt stop, - who knows they may even allow you to choose your faction instead of it being fixed by race.

This is the stupidest decision in WoW history.

First, if Horde queue times are longer GOOD. That's their fault for all rolling horde knowing full well they dominate in numbers. That's the price you pay for being the dominant faction. There needs to be some incentive to play alliance... now the ratio will be even worse.

Secondly... this just ruins the whole concept of battlegrounds. Arena I can get, but battlegrounds are specifically set up to be alliance vs horde. What, are alliance going to spawn in Frostwolf Hold and defend Drek'Thar now? It's insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by kraeden View Post

First, if Horde queue times are longer GOOD. That's their fault for all rolling horde knowing full well they dominate in numbers. That's the price you pay for being the dominant faction. There needs to be some incentive to play alliance... now the ratio will be even worse.

Secondly... this just ruins the whole concept of battlegrounds. Arena I can get, but battlegrounds are specifically set up to be alliance vs horde. What, are alliance going to spawn in Frostwolf Hold and defend Drek'Thar now? It's insanity
    Good thing you know what you're talking about. Not. AV isn't an RBG for one. For two, this ONLY applies to RBG's.

I'm happy about this change, it'll make RBG's more accessible to people due to shorter queue times. With the double honor coming next patch, they'll be a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Wait when was this announced?

Edit: Nvm reading it under blues.

Well, this does look like a business idea than working to keep the Alliance vs Horde concept in check. But who knows guys, this is just a PTR test, so it's not all down on paper until the official say so. And even then, it's mostly affects BGs that allow 10s and 15s, not AV and IoC, which are really Alliance vs Horde based.

Also to people that don't know:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...rounds-testing
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Happy Aprils Fools day everyone.

it may be April fools day in Europe now, but its still very much MArch 31st in the US where this announcement was made. April fool's joke comes in tomorrow US PDT time like it has every year for US, EU will get there's in the morning. This is very much a serious announcement not a joke. Even though it is a bit of joke itslef
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Good thing you know what you're talking about. Not. AV isn't an RBG for one. For two, this ONLY applies to RBG's.

I'm happy about this change, it'll make RBG's more accessible to people due to shorter queue times. With the double honor coming next patch, they'll be a blast.
    so night elves fighting niht elves for WSG is going to make sense huh? or humans fighting humans for AB will also? MAybe Thralls orcs decide to fight Garrosh's orcs in WSG to share the reources, oh the forsaken have a massive rebellionin AB, that'd work well.

Everyone is friends in eye of th e storm, we pair up Aldor vs Scryer instead.. it is a system solution to stop a much bigger problem in faction in balances.

Blizzard are trying to make two faction system work which only does when both factions are of equal numbers. Doesn't work if horde is a lot more popular for pvp than alliance, can't fix it by elimnatig the need to figh thte other faction in a BG, might as well lift the faction race restriction.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2011-04-01 at 12:30 AM.

Who gives a shit about the story? BG's are all about beating the hell out of each other, and besides, Horde and Alliance have been fighting for 6 years for WSG, I think it's time for a little faction in-fighting. Garrosh dropped his hammer on Sylvanas' boot, and Anduin Wrynn accidentally shot Tyrande's favorite deer. Good enough lore for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I lay my head is home. See that rock? Thats my pillow.
    id go with April Fools TBH

Secondly... this just ruins the whole concept of battlegrounds. Arena I can get, but battlegrounds are specifically set up to be alliance vs horde. What, are alliance going to spawn in Frostwolf Hold and defend Drek'Thar now? It's insanity.
    The "stupidest decision" is hyperbole don't you think? Second, think of how many people didn't roll Horde recently. Think about the other millions of players like me who started this game when it first went retail and stay in their initial server on the same class/race that they first played this game with. The point I'm trying to make is the blanket statement you just used was ignorant at best.

Anyway, what would you purpose they do? I'd rather fight Alli any day if I were to do rated BGs. But with how long it takes to get that going it wouldn't be very fun for 10+ ppl to sit around in queues half the day to only get a couple bg pops, and matches don't exactly zip by very fast either.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    This was a must have as horde teams grossly out number aliance ones the queues to fight an alliance team were getting longer and longer.Also, across the board horde teams were outstripping alliance ones, the top rated bg teams have a very high horde concentration. This was the only way forward.

Without this, you'd have mass outcry from alliance players that horde were OP'd, you'd get mass cry from horde players that matches took far too long, and yet another potentially cool feature would be mediocre at best. In blizzards eyes, compromising the faction integrity of the BGs is a small price to pay.

NExt stop, - who knows they may even allow you to choose your faction instead of it being fixed by race.
    Next stop is doing this for all BGs. Long overdue.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it extends beyond factions, but things like racial abilities do have a huge impact on competitive PvP, and with all of the Alliance having shorter CD's on their racials, that's kind of a bane to Horde players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought we already had war games?
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post

Whatever, same thing applies to AB, WSG, and Twin Peaks where you start in buildings of your faction and fight the other side who start in their buildings. In WSG even the land is divided this way. I'm so done with WoW, they don't even care about the actual game anymore it's all about accommodating people's X points farming and gearing up. And I loved this expansion, so it's not that.

10+ Year Old Account
    who cares if a faction is fighting each other for a rated BG. It lowers the que times. That's all anyone complains about.

Blizzard finally tries to fix this and everyone says "OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING I HATE YOU, and I quit bye."

I just don't get it, this is helpful. I didn't realize people were playing BGs for the lore

Deleted
    The queues are getting ridiculously long.. I really dont mind this.

Quote Originally Posted by graagh View Post
    Next stop is doing this for all BGs. Long overdue.
    if they do this for all BGs, then what is the point in haivng a horde vs alliance entrenched system? world pvp is virtually dead, all of it happens in BGs ..arenas already don't care who your faction is.

If they do this, then i suggest they allow you to roll blood elf for the alliance, or human for the horde..no point inso heaviy restriction interaction between the factions anymore

When you do BGs you fight against the other faction.

Rated BGs are like arena however - an organised battle between two teams. At which point you can have either faction. The fact that the bases are themed doesn't really matter much, and it'll make it fairer to have a randomness to start positions.

Most people still do standard arena and if you care so much about lore stick to it. Rated BGs have a long queue time, especially for an organised group. This is a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Everyone is friends in eye of th e storm, we pair up Aldor vs Scryer instead.. it is a system solution to stop a much bigger problem in faction in balances.
    Hey! This one is not a bad idea at all!!

Actually, it isn't my fault that I choose to play a faction that I wanted, which at the time, was grossly outnumbered by alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?