Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

RP'er ruining my BG

So I was doing battle for gilneas a few hours ago, and once we took waterworks I saw that lighthouse was assaulted. One single horde paladin took it. And guess who from alliance was there? 3 people from argent dawn sitting by a campfire doing their rp crap. Seriously what the fuck? Keep your RP business back in your realms and dont ruin pvp...

when I tried to talk to them to make them either play the BG or get out they just did /no on me and carried on with their "business". Allthough I managed to kill the horde pala and deadlock the horde back at their GY spawn boat I feel that those douchebags should get a ban for trying to fuck up a BG.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-06-08 at 06:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Indubitably, he is perturbed.

Deleted
    I'd like to quote your avatar picture on this one, if you know what I mean.

Deleted
    I'm not an RP'er myself. but with the general attitude pvpers have against rp'ers you sometimes deserve this kind of things.
    Take in note much people from pvp realms also find it funny to make chars on rp realms just to harrash rp'ers.

Hmmm... How should I put this. Eh I'm unmoved. People can honestly feel free to do what they want in a free environment. Unless it is a RBG well... Sucks to be you.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Sounds like the end of the world happened while I was sleeping, glad you felt the need to publicly complain about this (while of course making yourself out to be the saviour at the end).

Seriously should they be allowed to do that? Maybe I should migrate my rogue to AD and go horde just to gank them all day to make them know how I feel.

BG = Serious business

I would like to see some RP in a 5 v 5

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    10/10 Excellent

Seems an odd place to Rp, I mean wouldn't you be interrupted by the opposing faction in some way? The Gilneas zone does physically exist in game right?

In any case a ban would be way too strong a punishment for what they did, at worst a warning, with stronger action to be taken if they persist or something would be what I'd suggest.

You can only blame Blizzard for mixing RP realms with non RP realms together. As for what they did, they were behaving just as they were supposed to, by the rules of their choice of main gameplay (and server). Nowhere in the rules it states that RP has to stop at the moment you enter BG and in fact, not staying IC in normal chats would be breaking said rules, even when doing BGs.

And I'd rather lose 10 times over people RPeing in BG than clueless twats that cause major frustration by just wanking about.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    World of Warcraft is a game, (Shocking, I know) people are free to enjoy it however they wish. It's not like you can't queue for another battleground instantly after.
    By your logic you should get a ban for killing the Paladin and ruining his fun while he was trying to cap the lighthouse.

I'm 100% sure I read the very same story about a year ago
    it seems they keep pissing off people, they are pretty firm!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I would like to see some RP in a 5 v 5
    Would go something like this:
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

so they were in a BG sitting around a campfire? doing what? these rp'ers are a strange bunch. Why do they enter a BG to sit around a campfire? could of saved the loading time and done it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Would go something like this:
    Bet those people have great lives and get laid a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    You can only blame Blizzard for mixing RP realms with non RP realms together. As for what they did, they were behaving just as they were supposed to, by the rules of their choice of main gameplay (and server). Nowhere in the rules it states that RP has to stop at the moment you enter BG and in fact, not staying IC in normal chats would be breaking said rules, even when doing BGs.

And I'd rather lose 10 times over people RPeing in BG than clueless twats that cause major frustration by just wanking about.
    Oh, silly me, I completely missed the part of the op's post when he said the rp'ers were from an rp server that was in the same battlegroup. In light of this I can hardly see how they did anything wrong given the realm they come from and rules they are meant to follow but I still think a battleground is a strange place to roleplay.

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Bet those people have great lives and get laid a lot.
    They may well do, not that that has any relevance here.