Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    im guessing druids but only slightly since they only rely on dodge armor and hp

Quote Originally Posted by mihaitha View Post
    It's silly to take into account ONLY the bonus stamina. Sure, DK's have the highest multiplier, but that is countered by the fact that they need to be hit and expertise capped to make full use of their mitigation mechanic (blood shield). It's kind of like this:
    - DK's have highest stamina bonus, but need to actually hit with DS to get blood shield. Missing a DS or getting it dodged or parried means a wasted GCD, which in turns translates to maybe lower damage taken over the last 5 seconds => smaller blood shield return.
    - druids come in second in terms of stamina, but make up for it with higher armor value, a lot of avoidance unaffected by diminishing returns (the dodge gained from agility) and mitigation bonus from vengeance (as you gain vengeance you gain AP which in turn increases the amount of damage your savage defense shield absorbs).
    - paladins and warriors are last, making up for it with block, which is first of all passive, and secondly comes as an extra roll after dodge/parry calculation, making them less likely to be hit.
    OOOK. So DKs do not need to be hit/exp capped to be effective.
    Dodge from agi have the same diminishing returns as dodge from other resources. Druids just have easier diminishing returns on dodge than other tanks due to them not having parry.
    Being hit is a 1 roll system in wow.

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthets View Post
    Stoneskin is widely considered the second best enchant - so it's not often used.
    It's a pretty good enchant still for mastery builds. Avoidance builds of course should go for the parry.

Druids = 1.10 (Bear Form) * (1.06 GoW) * (1.05 Leather Specialization) = 1.2243 = 22.43%
    Warrior = 1.05 (Plate Specialization) * (1.15 Sentinel) = 1.2075 = 20.75%
    Paladin = 1.05 (Plate Specialization) * (1.15 TbtL)= 1.2075 = 20.75%
    Death knight = 1.05 (Plate Specialization) * 1.08 (Blood Presence) * (1.09 VotTW)= 1.2361 = 23.61%

This is without the (MoW/BoK).

Druids = 1.10 (Bear Form) * (1.06 GoW) * (1.05 Leather Specialization) * (1.05 MoW/BoK)= 1.2855 = 28.55%
    Warrior = 1.05 (Plate Specialization) * (1.15 Sentinel) * (1.05 MoW/BoK) = 1.2679 = 26.79%
    Paladin = 1.05 (Plate Specialization) * (1.15 TbtL) * (1.05 MoW/BoK)= 1.2679 = 26.79%
    Death knight = 1.05 (Plate Specialization) * 1.08 (Blood Presence) * (1.09 VotTW) * (1.05 MoW/BoK)= 1.2979 = 29.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    First off you have to be a Tauren, second its either DK or Druids. In wrath it was druids hands down but with the changes in cata DKs may have pulled ahead. I have seen A LOT of insane HP amounts.
    Tauren/Orc/Dwarves have the same Stamina bonus.

The tauren stam bonus was changed awhile ago to not count stam from gear because it was very op.

Endurance

http://www.wowpedia.org/Tauren_%28playable%29

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Tauren/Orc/Dwarves have the same Stamina bonus.
    No they don't.

Tauren have more health than any thing else.

[Endurance] - passive
    Base Health increased by 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    No they don't.

[Endurance] - passive
    Beats me. I just remembered a news post mentioning it some time back.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    No they don't.

[Endurance] - passive
    Orc have a base stam of 22, Dwarf has 23, and Tauren has 22+5% base= 23.1.... their bonus is really moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Orc have a base stam of 22, Dwarf has 23, and Tauren has 22+5% base= 23.1.... their bonus is really moot.
    That's not how it works at all.
    Those numbers are the lvl1 starting stamina values, which is completely different from base health.
    Base health is not derived from stamina. You have base health + stam * 14 hp at 85 (I hope I didn't mess up the numbers) barring any stam modifier you may have. Your hp went from 20k to 100k from 80-85 largely thanks to the huge increases to your base health (among other factors)
    Endurance affects the base health.

PS: http://www.wowpedia.org/Base_health
    Last edited by zox; 2011-04-05 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    That's not how it works at all.
    Those numbers are the lvl1 starting stamina values, which is completely different from base health.
    Base health is not derived from stamina. You have base health + stam * 14 hp at 85 (I hope I didn't mess up the numbers) barring any stam modifier you may have. Your hp went from 20k to 100k from 80-85 largely thanks to the huge increases to your base health (among other factors)
    Endurance affects the base health.

PS: http://www.wowpedia.org/Base_health
    Derrr... that's what I get for trying to do math at work >< I'll see if I can locate the real numbers for base health for those races at 85....