10+ Year Old Account
    In case anyone is still unsure, 10am PDT is 17.00 GMT or 5pm

Check this link out for details on where to get Beta Keys starting today, Friday the 25th, go go go !!!

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/...ent-2-details/
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2014-07-25 at 05:37 AM.

Anyone else not able to login to Trion? Getting connection reset error the past day (multiple locations).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Anyone else not able to login to Trion?
    Same, seems to be just the log in, can still view the Forums and browse, just can't 'connect' to log in, they are working on it:

Operations Team Working on Platform Issues

Hi all,

As some of you have reported, our platform is clearly having a rough night. This is manifesting as failed website logins, inability to apply codes to accounts, and other related issues.

While our Operations Team is investigating the platform issues, they've been working on it for a few hours already and have not determined a solution yet. It's likely these issues will persist through the night (PDT) and we'll follow up on them in the morning. Thanks for bearing with the website problems in the interim!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...rm-issues.html

Meanwhile, here's some changes you can look forward to in Closed Beta 2, if you're not on the Alpha:

ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.3: Patch Notes

GENERAL

* Serpentis and the weekday version of Sea of Drowned Love should now progress normally.
    * Nui's Lily should properly appear in the Regal Alchemy station crafting menu.
    * Adjusted distribution of Gilda Stars given from story quests so the quests reward fewer at the beginning and more toward the conclusion of the quest series.
    * Corrected misaligned option tooltips in the Settings > Functionality menu.
    * Fixed a case where pirate characters could become invulnerable while under the jail debuff.
    * Updated text with latest localization build.
    * Further security measures have been added to client-server communication.

KNOWN ISSUES

* Switching between Windowed and Fullscreen mode in DirectX9 with 2 or more monitors can in some cases result in a client lockup or stretched resolution. This is a known issue from Korean live versions.
    * Composition for percussion/drum sets has been disabled while this feature is made more stable
    Source: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...534#post225534

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    It starts Wednesday July 30 not on a Saturday...
    I meant Wednesday, not Saturday. Brain wasn't quite working.

Goshdarnit. I hate Glyph so much. For some reason every time I launch the thing it attempts to "download Glyph" even though it has been installed for weeks & weeks. I already had an issue with the launcher force deleting and re-installing Rift and Rift PTS despite having each installed for years. Which was a massive pain in the rear.

Now, it just forced re-installed Archeage as a 20gb d/l, stopped then relaunched the install again.

What in the heck, Trion. This launcher is utterly terrible.

Also are these beta weekenders going to steal my crops? I hate that you exist, humanity.

I haven't had this much fun in an mmo in a long time. I'm glad I bought the $150 Archeum pack. Worth every penny

If you like pvp, giant sea battles, crafting, houses/farms, and older type mmos you'll love this game.

Best part about it, not a lot of young people. My guild is all 18+ with a lot of 20-40 year old players
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

The game just screams grind at me in caps >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    I haven't had this much fun in an mmo in a long time. I'm glad I bought the $150 Archeum pack. Worth every penny

If you like pvp, giant sea battles, crafting, houses/farms, and older type mmos you'll love this game.

Best part about it, not a lot of young people. My guild is all 18+ with a lot of 20-40 year old players
    Hmm. I'm old school UO, but I was not a PVPer in UO, but I haven't been in all other games. I was thinking of reattaching to XoO for this (their email blast was how I learned of this game). 150 feels like a lot (given that Alpha and first beta are over).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    The game just screams grind at me in caps >.<
    I like grinders, but AION was excessive grinding to even me. Comparable?!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Same, seems to be just the log in, can still view the Forums and browse, just can't 'connect' to log in, they are working on it:

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...rm-issues.html

Meanwhile, here's some changes you can look forward to in Closed Beta 2, if you're not on the Alpha:

Source: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...534#post225534
    I see no word on the fixing of Labor being used for EVERYTHING. Labor should only be used for crafting and gathering. NOTHING ELSE. They listened to the bitching about the aquisition of Gilda Stars being too quick, yet they stick their hands over their ears saying "Lalalala I can't hear you" when it comes to Labor usage. Keep the regen rates for all I care, but I should not have to use Labor for coinpurses (the only loot there is outside of dungeons), quest reward identification, praying at the graveyard priestess, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Hmm. I'm old school UO, but I was not a PVPer in UO, but I haven't been in all other games. I was thinking of reattaching to XoO for this (their email blast was how I learned of this game). 150 feels like a lot (given that Alpha and first beta are over).

- - - Updated - - -

I like grinders, but AION was excessive grinding to even me. Comparable?!
    Alpha is ongoing until either Open Beta or live release. So you would still get your money's worth, though not nearly like if you would have bought it 3-4 months ago. But you have until the latest, December 31st, as their target is a 2014 release, and that is the final day of release to be considered 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    every time I launch the thing it attempts to "download Glyph" even though it has been installed for weeks & weeks
    Try this step Fencers, right-click on your Glyph shortcut and go to properties, check that the 'Start In' box matches the same address as the 'Target', minus the GlyphClient.exe. If 'Start In' is blank, copy & paste the 'Target' minus the last part.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Try this step Fencers, right-click on your Glyph shortcut and go to properties, check that the 'Start In' box matches the same address as the 'Target', minus the GlyphClient.exe. If 'Start In' is blank, copy & paste the 'Target' minus the last part.
    Thanks for the advice. I hope it's useful to others. I have tried that though and still Glyph launcher did it's usual "crappy" thing.

So I just got an email with an invite to the next beta event. I already have Glyph because of Rift, have not played it since Glyph was introduced so not very familiar with it.
    I got one simple and perhaps stupid question.. where can I download ArcheAge? In the mail it says all I had to do was to go to the library and download it. The problem is that I can not find a library..

Anyone can tell where I can find the library? Been looking forward to trying this game for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaloo View Post
    So I just got an email with an invite to the next beta event. I already have Glyph because of Rift, have not played it since Glyph was introduced so not very familiar with it.
    I got one simple and perhaps stupid question.. where can I download ArcheAge? In the mail it says all I had to do was to go to the library and download it. The problem is that I can not find a library..

Anyone can tell where I can find the library? Been looking forward to trying this game for a while now
    It's right in the Glyph launcher. You'll See a button for Rift, any other Glyph games you may have and Archeage. When you click Archeage it will ask if you want to D/L and install the game.

Glyph works almost exactly like any other launcher or like the Blizzard/World of Warcraft/Heroes/Starcraft launcher.

Not mysterious. Just kinda buggy.

Wooo...got an invite....don't even recall signing up for the beta tests though so it was a nice supprise

Tried russian version. It greeted me with an amazing character creator. Picking elf female and oh my glob, long legs and gigantic boobs, all I can dream of! Face's a bit off, looks like a simple village girl, let's fix it, shall we? Option for pretty much EVERYTHING, for even some parts of the face I wouldn't even ask to be adjusted. 11 pages of browes. Few pages of make up, etc etc.
    But get this. No matter how hard I try, I get same unattractive village girl face. Yep, 11 pages of browes alone. All look same, except for last page, which has few nice thick unibrows. Because that's what I want on my elf chick, a thick unibrow. For shit and giggles. Hid her face under some heavy make up, started game. Quit few minutes later. Badly optimised. Boring. Unattractive game. Flowers under my feet move in 1 frame. Looks weird. I dunno.... If I'd want to play a nice asian mmo, I'd play Tera. Heard it's still doing quite well.

tldr: don't get your hopes up, people, you'll be severly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What in the heck, Trion. This launcher is utterly terrible.
    I like how there's apparently no option to minimize it to tray, either. I do having to load it up and enter my credentials each time (because it doesn't save them) I want to log in.

And it's either reinstalling for me with relative frequency (about half the time) or Trion updates every 5 minutes. It really is an utterly horrible launcher.

There's a choice to have the launcher to remember your log in information. Up at the top under settings, then advanced, there's a checkbox to have it remember log in. Also, there's "After Game Launch" with a drop down to leave glyph open, minimize, or exit glyph.

It doesn't look like I will be able to participate in the next beta event (really hate beta events, and wish more companies would do like WoW and have it always on). Sigh.

Mine does not look like that, i do not have the Library tab.

http://imgur.com/NPXLBxI

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    There's a choice to have the launcher to remember your log in information. Up at the top under settings, then advanced, there's a checkbox to have it remember log in. Also, there's "After Game Launch" with a drop down to leave glyph open, minimize, or exit glyph.
    Oh, it keeps my username, it's just annoying to have to enter in my password/authenticator code each time rather than it remembering my computer/IP address for a while like most launchers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaloo View Post
    Mine does not look like that, i do not have the Library tab.

http://imgur.com/NPXLBxI
    Did you download the stand alone client, or are you launching Glyph by launching Rift? If it's the latter, that's your problem. You need the stand alone client, because apparently there's a Rift specific one as well...don't ask me why. I have no clue what the Glyph team is thinking with 90% of their decisions already : /

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did you download the stand alone client, or are you launching Glyph by launching Rift? If it's the latter, that's your problem. You need the stand alone client, because apparently there's a Rift specific one as well...don't ask me why. I have no clue what the Glyph team is thinking with 90% of their decisions already : /
    ?? I don't even...so if you play more than just Rift you will now have two copies of Glyph on your computer? Or does it replace the old one? I'm assuming it's going to somehow delete Rift if I try to install standalone Glyph for AA? I'm not really looking forward to this beta week....
    BAD WOLF