Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe well it is your birthday. Tell them you want to see them drink 21 shots.

After reading some posts here, I think I may be coming to my senses. I'm probably not gonna do it. It's just the peer pressure was starting to get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by verhoef3 View Post
    I'm the first of my friends to turn 21, and they are all pushing me to do the 21 shots. To be honest, I don't really want to, but of course they would feel like a wimp if I don't try.
    21 years old and giving in to peer pressure? Just don't do it. You already admitted you don't want to.

15+ Year Old Account
    After reading some posts here, I think I may be coming to my senses. I'm probably not gonna do it. It's just the peer pressure was starting to get to me.
    Well you're 21. Supposed to be mature. Part of being mature is not going along with what your knucklehead buddies think is a good idea.

If you do end up doing it, just for the love of god eat like two gigantic burritos. You want to abosrb as much as you can, then have something aboslutely disgusting to throw back up at them for payback.

Drink till you die from alcohol poisioning, fer i heard that be yarr mainstream.

21 shots of something you think is disgusting, f.ex hot water with a couple of drops (depends on shot glass size) of shaken coke
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good call. You are mature beyond your years.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    21 shots... my man, that's something I wouldn't recommend for someone not used to "regurarly" drinking. Not even then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Haha your parents did a good job. It won't kill you...
    It probably won't kill you but really strong alcohol intoxication, especially to a system not used to it at all actually can cause death, or at least coma. I am not saying this is the case, 21 shots probably wouldn't be enough for this but yea.. Be aware :P

It also depends what you drink, something like Jack Daniels will get you blind drunk, but something much weaker like apple sourz (if you have that over there) is "only" twenty something % so you can take a lot more of it. If you really wanna go ahead with it, pace yourself, and fatty food is supposed to be good as it lines your stomach so like eat cheese or drink milk as someone else suggested, other than that, i find pepsi and a fried egg sammich to be an awesome hangover cure for the morning after but each to his own.

Also, Grats on your 21st!
    Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Peer pressure is sooo high school. It's your party, be a dick if you want to.

Put on a good show, if you must, but 21 shots is not gonna happen. lol

Good call, and real friends would never push that on you. My best buds when I turned 21 took me to the bar, they bought me a couple drinks, and I said I was done. They said y'ok. That's what friends do, they buy you drinks and appreciate when you don't want any more.

advice: go get real friends and stop asking people on forums for a game about what to do.

Deleted
    --> Badpaladin

So it was endless fun to see that guy puke his liver out and be miserable for a couple of days? Interesting... very interesting.

--> OP: if you want to party and have fun, don't do what your good friends expect you to do. You will easily go from having fun in the main room with your friends and having fun in the toilet with only the closet keeping you company.

If your friends are really your "friends" and not some idiots that push you over the edge so they could have the time of their lives at YOUR birthday party, then they will get over it quickly. It's your birthday and you are supposed to have a good time, not them, so think about it.

Deleted
    at my friends 21st he did the dirty pint, - a pint of mixed spirits that has to be downed in 1 go. I didnt envy him at all. I think thats about the same as 21 shots. 500ml / 25ml = 20. It gets you pretty messy :P Mine was more a coke and mdma binge which isnt very sensible either :P I just dont like being overly drunk, its horrible when you lose control of yourself, better to enjoy your birthday. Still its not that much if you spread it out so should be ok. Just be aware that that much in a short time frame leaves you very messy

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be a pushover and do something just because your freinds want you to, its called peer pressure for a reason.

I wouldn't advise drinking alcohol just because you turned 21, but I can see why you would be excited to try it for the first time. Id just stick with 3-5 shots if you want to get a buzz, but if you want to remember that night, I would highly suggest not drinking much more after that.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Don't go overboard, it simply isn't worth it. Sounds like you are not a huge party-goer, I'm not either, so no sense in drinking more than you can bargain for. Don't get me wrong, life would suck without me alcohol, but drinking lots of alcohol and getting shitfaced does not make you an ubercool adult, it makes you a child.

if u dont have much experience with hard alcohol i would suggest not to do it. beer is far away from hard alcohol and pounds dont really matter if you dont know what to expect. 21 shots with no experience could get you in the hospital; not saying that if you have done it before there is a guarantee you wont be there.

what kind of shots are we talking 'bout here? (i mean alcohol %)

i'd say drink till u're drunk enough to just have fun, it's all about knowing ur own limits. i'm becomming 21 this year as well but i already had plenty of exercice to know how much beer i can drink^^
    that's the 1 good thing about having the legal drinking age at 16 here

Deleted
    Piece of advice: Don't drink.
    If you want to drink those 21 shots because you're scared your friends will think you're "uncool", GET NEW FRIENDS.
    Peer pressure's bad, kids. And i'm a kid myself! Be an adult and do the smart thing!
    Alcohol is a type of poison! Poison = bad.
    BADADADADD.

Most of my classmates drink, do drugs and smoke. I don't. I'm awesome. They suck.
    If a 15 year old can resist peer pressure, and you can't, GROW UP
    Last edited by mmoc1874d9b180; 2011-04-13 at 06:24 PM.

Don't do the 21 shots, thats a lot of alcohol. I did edwards 40 hands for my 21 b-day. was good fun. Its when you get two 40's and ducktape them to your hands and you can't take them off for anything until both are finished. If you do this your hands will be freezing so get some gloves on first or something..lol
    Last edited by flareside; 2011-04-13 at 07:02 PM.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3