Las Vegas NHL Team

So they finally made it official. Las Vegas has been awarded the 31st NHL team and will have an expansion draft next year to build their team and start playing in the 2017-2018 season.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/16...31st-franchise

Can't wait to visit my family during hockey season to catch a game or two.

The notion that a sports team can't work in Vegas because of the gambling is so antiquated and outdated it's not even funny. It all comes down to now whether the actual residents of Vegas care enough about supporting a sports team. Their attendance should be good regardless, as I imagine road fans will flock there to see their team play. If they show even the tiniest bit of success better believe the other professional leagues will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    The notion that a sports team can't work in Vegas because of the gambling is so antiquated and outdated it's not even funny. It all comes down to now whether the actual residents of Vegas care enough about supporting a sports team. Their attendance should be good regardless, as I imagine road fans will flock there to see their team play. If they show even the tiniest bit of success better believe the other professional leagues will follow.
    I would agree. The fact that they have something like 14000 season ticket deposits is impressive as well. My parents visit Vegas every year and they already said that they will go and see a game while they're there whether our team is playing them or not.

Yup I already know people planning to go for the first game Leafs play there which is obviously over a year out.