The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So next year we get 3v3 OT, coaches challenges (Haven't heard how many yet) for GI and Offsides goals. GI is interesting because that's a judgement call, afaik that makes them the first sport to allow review and overturn of judgment calls. If you're going to review that why not review a hook on a breakaway that could have been a penalty shot, or a DOG that led to a 5 on 3 for 1:30; both also judgement calls that can be just as important in leading to goals as GI.

I don't understand how some of those calls are going to be overturned... if it's a clear-as-day goalie interference call where the player didn't even touch him, or was outside the crease, then that's one thing. But a lot of other areas don't seem so black and white.

- - - Updated - - -

Flyers trade Rinaldo to Boston for a 3rd... what in the fuck is wrong with Don Sweeney?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and also (for draynay), Mike Richards contract has been terminated for a 'material breach of contract'. Details will come out later, but that means no buyout.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means NHLPA grievance and lengthy legal battle probably.

Ya, but he's off the books for now. Sign a few guys to Richards (Brad) deals of 1 year, win another Cup, and deal with it later. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Well that was fast... and kinda bullshit, lol... less money against the cap per year, for half the length.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is certainly a lot being left unsaid. Oh well, LA can enjoy wasting some cap space since they didn't compliance buyout him in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read that the Kings actually halted trade talks due to whatever precipitated the contract being terminated, there could be something real there.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It means NHLPA grievance and lengthy legal battle probably.
    Depends on the NHLPA. If he's been caught taking steroids or beating his gf/wife the PA won't give a fuck. Other than though they'll have their lawyers fight to their death over his behalf.

It could be something like not keeping in shape, or showing up to events

SPC's are weird.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So next year we get 3v3 OT, coaches challenges (Haven't heard how many yet) for GI and Offsides goals. GI is interesting because that's a judgement call, afaik that makes them the first sport to allow review and overturn of judgment calls. If you're going to review that why not review a hook on a breakaway that could have been a penalty shot, or a DOG that led to a 5 on 3 for 1:30; both also judgement calls that can be just as important in leading to goals as GI.
    It's a teeny step in the right direction, though I doubt any coach is going to waste a challenge for offsides. (my guess is probably 1 per game per team?). What really needs to happen is that video review should be able to overturn refs without the refs or coaches deciding to go upstairs in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Flyers trade Rinaldo to Boston for a 3rd... what in the fuck is wrong with Don Sweeney?
    And just think, there's still an entire summer of his shrewd decision making to go. Maybe they can sell off Pastrnak and their 13th round to someone like Minnesota for future considerations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now the talk is that something happened at a border crossing. This is getting juicy, I wanna know what Richards did! Or rather how much he did and how much he had on his person...

Regarding coach challenge, ypu can use it as long as you still have your time-out, and you will lose the time-out if the challenge is unsucccessful.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Now the talk is that something happened at a border crossing. This is getting juicy, I wanna know what Richards did! Or rather how much he did and how much he had on his person...
    Part of me thinks it had to be something big and something that is cut and dry that the PA isn't going to back Richards. It has to be otherwise LA will just lose the battle. I can't believe it hasn't come out yet though. You would think if it was something legal based it would already be out. Kind of hard to hide getting hauled off to jail.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boston needed to replenish their goon meter after dealing Lucic, Rinaldo deal makes sense.

Don Sweeney may not be insane after all. Flipped Jones for another 1st. So for Lucic (retaining 50% for 1 season) he got 2 1sts, a prospect, and an unsigned player I think? That's not bad. It's the other dumb shit he's done (Hamilton, Rinaldo, the picks he made) that have people still pretty skeptical about him.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, apparently the RCMP in Manitoba is involved in the whole Mike Richards contract termination thing. So it could actually be an acceptable termination. Supposedly they were working on separate deals with Calgary and Edmonton for him and actually had to pull all considerations when they found out something happened back on Friday.

mmm Flames signed Dougie Hamilton to a multi year deal, somewhere just short of $6M/yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Regarding coach challenge, ypu can use it as long as you still have your time-out, and you will lose the time-out if the challenge is unsucccessful.
    That's weak. Players get an effective time out while the decision is being made anyhow, they should set it similar to how illegal stick challenges work (although its been a very long time since I ever saw a coach use that)... if the challenge doesn't pass, the team gets a bench minor.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    mmm Flames signed Dougie Hamilton to a multi year deal, somewhere just short of $6M/yr.
    Brad Treliving: GM wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Brad Treliving: GM wizard
    Indeed, and qualifying offers to a whole whack of RFA's including Bouma/Byron/Ferland/Jooris/Reinhart/Arnold and all the assistant coaching staff resigned to multi year deals.

Hopefully an extension for Gio next. idk what their cap space is like now after signing Hamilton, but maybe there's room to go after some of these UFA's tomorrow.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welp I was wrong. Cya going to cry in a corner

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody got sent to Columbus as a cost cutting move? Looking forward to the deadline trade that sends him to the Kings redux.