10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know how many times pittsburgh botched 2 on 1s during this game, lol

nice to see Ottawa lose
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-02-11 at 09:48 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    How long before these fucking refs give Montreal a damn penalty for delay of game for all the icing calls being made?

10+ Year Old Account
    reimer should have had that.. playing like a detroit goalie

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question. Why was Armstrong benched in favour of Boyce who has been non existent tonight?

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Here are just a few of the ways that teams around the league are using their rinks to gain an unfair advantage.

New York Islanders - Attempt to unnerve opposing players by ensuring that the visiting team's dressing room is infested with vicious disease-carrying rats that are slightly larger than the ones in the home team’s room.

Toronto Maple Leafs – Thanks to the typical mid-week crowds at the ACC, are often able to get out to a quick start against confused opponents who can take up to two full periods to realize that the pre-game moment of silence has ended.

Tampa Bay Lightning – Blatantly attempt to damage the retinas of opposing players by placing a bright red light directly behind their goaltender and then turning it on three or four times every period.

Vancouver Canucks – An intricate installation of mirrors and holographic lasers has actually succeeded in convincing foolish opponents that the Canucks’ best player has a linemate who looks exactly like him.

Minnesota Wild – While visiting teams have made it clear that they realize that every arena has its imperfections and they don’t want to seem like they’re whining, they can’t help but think it would be more fair if their dressing room was indoors.

Montreal Canadiens – Have been known to attempt to confuse opponents by having their fans loudly engage in chants from the wrong sport.

Detroit Red Wings – Players visiting Joe Louis Arena often report feeling confused and disoriented by the experience of playing in an arena that doesn’t have some faceless corporation’s name slapped all over it.

Winnipeg Jets - After years of playing fair in Atlanta, have achieved an unfair advantage this season by filling their building with fans who actually care about hockey.

Ottawa Senators – After an afternoon of leisurely pre-game preparation, it’s always fun for the Senator players to see their opponents sprinting off their team bus three minutes before puck drop while breathlessly screaming “Seriously, that’s the closest spot to downtown you could find to build your arena?”

Pittsburgh Penguins – Oh sure, you try to concentrate knowing Jean Claude Van Damme might be battling terrorists on the catwalk overhead.

New Jersey Devils – While they concede that it doesn’t actually create a competitive advantage, visiting teams report that it’s still kind of weird how all the benches and penalty boxes in the arena suddenly have little tip jars.

Boston Bruins - Opponents report that due to an apparent architectural error, the path to the Bruins net is constantly blocked by some sort of huge granite pillar wearing a #33 jersey.

Edmonton Oilers – Have recently instructed the official scorekeeper to start randomly assigning a point to Sam Gagner on every single goal scored just to see if anyone notices.
    I just saw this... and I have to say I lol'd pretty hard at the Montreal one.

The Oilers and Boston ones were damn funny too.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    How long before these fucking refs give Montreal a damn penalty for delay of game for all the icing calls being made?
    Figured I would be hearing the Leafs anthem tonight. When in doubt, blame the refs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Figured I would be hearing the Leafs anthem tonight. When in doubt, blame the refs.

you should hear the ones in montreal.. they think everything is a penalty

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Figured the refs would have called the hook on Kessel's breakaway, guess that didn't happen. Refs are terrible and need to be shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like one of those rare games where Montreal is playing decently. Not good, just decently.

Toronto on the other hand...

Figured the refs would have called the hook on Kessel's breakaway, guess that didn't happen. Refs are terrible and need to be shot.
    Haha 3 PP chances for the Leafs and nothing to show. Don't know why you Leaf fans rely on blaming a lack of penalties on the score when you still can't produce even with the advantage.

Also before I forget 3-0!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Looks like one of those rare games where Montreal is playing decently. Not good, just decently.

Toronto on the other hand...
    If Montreal doesn't blow this one it will be 4 wins in a row. Such a rare occurrence indeed. Honestly though I don't know what makes me happier, the Leafs on a 3 game losing streak or the Habs on a 4 game win streak

And 4-0!!!
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2012-02-12 at 02:00 AM.

Oh look, the hypocrite came out of his hole to post in here again. Would he be posting here at all though if Montreal was losing tonight? I doubt it.

Just in case you missed my last post.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post15172506

Also, when Rennadrel posted that comment the game was actually 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Oh look, the hypocrite came out of his hole to post in here again. Would he be posting here at all though if Montreal was losing tonight? I doubt it.

Just in case you missed my last post.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post15172506

Also, when Rennadrel posted that comment the game was actually 0-0.
    lol how am I a hypocrite? Think you need to look up the definition of that word. Its amazing how angry you Leafs fans are. Hey, I understand its hard watching your team on the golf course year after year, but someday you might watch a playoff game involving the Leafs again but it wont be this one

Wut?!
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    you should hear the ones in montreal.. they think everything is a penalty
    Every game there seems to be a huge excuse about why their team lost coming from the Habs fans.

Oh look, the hypocrite came out of his hole

Nailed it.

Kind of hypocritical coming from a Habs fan IMO.

Pacioretty incident comes to my mind pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Cheddabezze; 2012-02-12 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    Wut?!

Nailed it.

Kind of hypocritical coming from a Habs fan IMO.

Kind of stereotypical thinking all Habs fans think it was a bad hit. Not all of us are French fans dialing 911 on every hit lmao
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2012-02-12 at 02:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    The man who will always be nervous when he visits ancient Greece.

lol how am I a hypocrite? Think you need to look up the definition of that word. Its amazing how angry you Leafs fans are. Hey, I understand its hard watching your team on the golf course year after year, but someday you might watch a playoff game involving the Leafs again but it wont be this one
    "My thoughts exactly, a game misconduct for a little tap to the stomach, 2 minutes sure, but that's just BS. Not to mention the other game misconduct because the Canadian player lightly hit the boards with his stick after a call by the refs. And finally like you said, the Russian getting his own players stick to the face, not Canada's, yet we still got the penalty. I would love the day when reffing calls can be monitored, replayed and punished!"

Do you not see someone there blaming the refs? Three calls you whine about, you say that they should be monitored, replayed, and punished (which I agree with), and then a month later you start saying that Leaf fans blame the refs as if you don't. Incredibly sad that I had to explain it to you, even sadder is the only time you post here is when the Habs win games. As for the playoff jest; just because Montreal has had their first winning streak, and Price is playing pretty good at the moment, it doesn't mean they aren't shit this year. Congratulations on a meaningless win.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-02-12 at 02:35 AM.

"My thoughts exactly, a game misconduct for a little tap to the stomach, 2 minutes sure, but that's just BS. Not to mention the other game misconduct because the Canadian player lightly hit the boards with his stick after a call by the refs. And finally like you said, the Russian getting his own players stick to the face, not Canada's, yet we still got the penalty. I would love the day when reffing calls can be monitored, replayed and punished!"

Do you not see someone there blaming the refs? Three calls you whine about, you say that they should be monitored, replayed, and punished (which I agree with), and then a month later you start saying that Leaf fans blame the refs as if you don't. Incredibly sad that I had to explain it to you, even sadder is the only time you post here is when the Habs win games. As for the playoff jest; just because Montreal has had their first winning streak, and Price is playing pretty good at the moment, it doesn't mean they aren't shit this year. Congratulations on a meaningless win.
    No where does that compare to what I was saying at all. Yes I did say they made some bad calls, but I didn't once blame losing the games on them. I think refs make bad calls all the time, it happens, but I don't carry on about it causing the loss.

Also to add, those were about the Team Canada vs Russia game, nothing to do with my team.
    No goaltender interference? Wouldn't surprise me if the refs jew the Leafs out of another regulation win.
    ^ Its remarks like that that I always make a joke out of people blaming the refs. All my Leaf loving friends say the same damn excuse over and over again too. I always get a laugh when fans can't just accept that their team lost. Also I accepted long before now that the Habs were shit this year and I believe I have made 2 comments on here about the Habs winning out of the few dozen I have posted, and those have always been during a habs/leaf game. Leafs fans are just so easy to get riled up!
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2012-02-12 at 02:50 AM.

"The officiating against Canada was absolutely retarded, I swear the refs were getting paid off."
    "My thoughts exactly."

I assure you, it compares. And you're no better than the people you're insulting, whether or not you'd like to accept it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leafs fans are just so easy to get riled up!
    I didn't realize this was any different for any given fan of any given team.

You piss off a Detroit fan, they will blame the refs.
    You piss off a Boston fan, they will beat the crap out of you.
    You piss off a Philadelphia fan, they will probably hurt themselves raging.
    You piss off a Pittsburgh fan, they will say something about 'if Lemieux was still playing...' (or right now 'if Crosby wasn't injured...')
    You piss off a Toronto fan, they will whine for a while before cheering again despite their ridiculous cup drought.
    You piss off a Chicago fan, they will blame Detroit.
    You piss off a Montreal fan, they will call the police.

"The officiating against Canada was absolutely retarded, I swear the refs were getting paid off."
    "My thoughts exactly."

I assure you, it compares. And you're no better than the people you're insulting, whether or not you'd like to accept it.
    Man either your new to hockey or just that upset over that 5-0 loss. If you get so riled up over someone joshing about hockey you probably shouldn't be commenting anymore lol. This is how we Canadians do it, we poke at each others teams and fans and get just as much back, but that seems to be to much for you to handle since you seem to be getting upset over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I didn't realize this was any different for any given fan of any given team.

You piss off a Detroit fan, they will blame the refs.
    You piss off a Boston fan, they will beat the crap out of you.
    You piss off a Philadelphia fan, they will probably hurt themselves raging.
    You piss off a Pittsburgh fan, they will say something about 'if Lemieux was still playing...' (or right now 'if Crosby wasn't injured...')
    You piss off a Toronto fan, they will whine for a while before cheering again despite their ridiculous cup drought.
    You piss off a Chicago fan, they will blame Detroit.
    You piss off a Montreal fan, they will call the police.
    It's not, but being a Habs fan in Ontario my teasing always goes out to the Leafs fans. The Leafs are the Habs biggest rivals after all so there is always going to be much more picking at one anothers teams and fans. Although judging from some of the Leafs fans on this site it seems to be to much for them to handle.
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2012-02-12 at 03:03 AM.