Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's awesome to see Montreal lose. Florida beating Boston is very unexpected though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's awesome to see Montreal lose. Florida beating Boston is very unexpected though.
    I was pretty surprised too. Sadly, I skipped all the games last night. Wasn't feeling so well. Florida has been a tough team so far. Should be interesting when they join our divisiconferencwtf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations Maple Leafs on getting semi-real ownership! The Pension Plan is selling the Leafs to Bell Media and Rogers Communication for a price expected to be over $1.4-2 Billion dollars. For the price they are paying for the pension's 79.5% of the team, they could have purchased the Coyotes about a ten times over lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/2011/12/here-.html

Pretty surprising. Should be interesting to see if the deal actually goes through this time. It just fell off the table last week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/2011/12/here-.html

Pretty surprising. Should be interesting to see if the deal actually goes through this time. It just fell off the table last week.
    I didn't even think about the deal also including the Raptors and the other array of stuff owned by the Pension. A billion and change doesn't seem all that bad considering all that they are getting lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I didn't even think about the deal also including the Raptors and the other array of stuff owned by the Pension. A billion and change doesn't seem all that bad considering all that they are getting lol.
    Well, the argos and toronto fc aren't exactly huge moneyspinners.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I went to sleep with Montréal ahead 3-1 or something. Checked the scores this morning before leaving for work and lol'd.

I like the Habs and everything, but they got trolled pretty hard there. Rofl.
    red panda red panda red panda!

They may be able to buy 10xCoyotes/Blue Jackets/ETC with the money to buy the Leafs et al, but they won't make that money back in most of those markets, while they will make that back and more in less than 15 years of owning the Leafs. JUST the Leafs. Toronto FC makes them some money as well, though I have no idea what their numbers are like.

I have to think it's no coincidence they bought it shortly after they they announced MLSE was thinking of creating a new network and would show Leafs/Rapters games similar to the Yes Network in New York. The last thing TSN/Sportsnet is another sports channel to compete against. It will be interesting to see how things get divided up broadcast wise and how this will affect the teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    kaberle to mtl for spacek

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382331
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-12-09 at 07:30 PM.

As much as it pains me to say it, we may have to come to terms with the fact that the Panthers might be for real this year. Im still hoping for some sort of collapse but the win over Boston yesterday just shows that this team can play.

As for Kaberle going to Montreal, I dont see how he would fix their PP. He went to Boston to fix their PP last season and it didnt work at all (their PP actually got worse...clicking for 11.4% during the playoffs) and Carolina's PP is 26th in the NHL (12.6%...granted still higher than Montreal's at 28th at 11.4%). As a Leaf fan, I wish him all the best since he was nothing but a class act during his time with the Leafs (although my heart will ache at seeing him in le bleu, blanc et rouge) but I dont think this will solve their issues. Furthermore, giving up Spacek will be a defensive loss for Montreal (even though he seems hurt as much as Markov), but with the way Price is playing these days I dont think it will matter much.

Finally, I cant wait to see Bell and Rogers fight over broadcasting rights when the current contracts expire in 2015. It will be sad yet amusing I think. Sharing sounds all well and good in theory but when it comes time to actually sit down and split the games (and the $$$) things might get trickier. I cant help but picture the Leafs as a doll being pulled between 2 sisters as they argue over who gets the doll.

NHL.com PP stats 2010-2011 playoffs: http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...Name=powerPlay
    NHL.com PP stats 2011-2012 season: http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...Name=powerPlay

GL to Kaberle. I still don't understand how he has such this huge reputation for being a PP God. The 3 teams hes beeen on, hes done absolutely ZERO for the power play. In some cases, he made it worse then the previous years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    GL to Kaberle. I still don't understand how he has such this huge reputation for being a PP God. The 3 teams hes beeen on, hes done absolutely ZERO for the power play. In some cases, he made it worse then the previous years.

like i said before, his job is to feed the guys with big shot and move the puck up the ice
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-12-09 at 11:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    kaberle to mtl for spacek

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382331
    lol. The leagues passing Kaberle like a dirty whore. Then again.. at least the whore gets the job done... so maybe not.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Fuzzie... it's on tonight.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    leafs down 1-0 to caps

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Well, the argos and toronto fc aren't exactly huge moneyspinners.
    Are you kidding? Toronto FC is huge, their fanbase in less then a decade of existence is double or triple that of the Argos, I'd say they are also closer to winning a championship then the Raptors are, but the Leafs are naturally the big deal in this whole situation. All I know is that the new owners need to get fans into the stands and not all the corporate suits you see in the lower bowl seats.

---------- Post added 2011-12-09 at 08:25 PM ----------

Kessel with his 18th goal, get owned!

Best reffing I've seen since the Kings went to the finals. <_<
    Congratulations to Wideman either way.

Sweet Fucking CHRIST Toronto! Either stop taking penalties, or learn how to fucking kill them properly!

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Sweet Fucking CHRIST Toronto! Either stop taking penalties, or learn how to fucking kill them properly!
    First penalty, stick was barely tapped, should never have been called, but broken stick and refs have an orgasm. Third or fourth penalty Caps should have gotten called twice. It was ridiculous.