When did he dive? Any examples? I didn't see any. I saw Brayden Schenn dive today to get the Flyer's second power play goal. I see Canucks dive. I never saw Crosby dive. Just because you don't respect a player doesn't mean you can manufacture lies and start seeing things. Do you even play hockey? Do you know what it's like to play a sport with emotion? Of course he's going to be lobbying for calls because he's the CAPTAIN. In that case, Lidstrom whines every game. Every game I see him talking to a ref, he's a whiner. You can also read lips I'm guessing? You know everything Crosby says? That's alright I'm "delusional" because all of the things I've brought up you shot down with made-up lies. HE DIVED. When? HE JUST DID. HE WHINES BECAUSE I SAID. That's the quality answer I'm expecting. So far in all the articles I haven't seen anyone bring up Crosby diving. The spotlight's on him though, as you alluded to, but I've not see a single person call Crosby out for diving lately. But you saw it, so it makes it true.

Edit: I wouldn't call it acting like a "spoiled little brat", but i have heard teammates, players around the league, and the media say that they haven't seen many people in the league play with emotion like him. he wants to win, plain and simple. It's pretty clear you don't actually play hockey because you wouldn't know what it's like to bitch at a ref for a call because you want to win a game. He does this for a living. He's getting paid to win, not to make you respect him because he sits on the bench saying nothing.
    Last edited by mirix; 2012-04-23 at 04:57 AM.

There's a recent dive for ya. Gets up looking for a call right after he did the same thing to Schenn.

Classless. I don't care how small of an incident that is. I don't care if he doesn't like them. I don't care if it's the playoffs. It's just classless.

Anyways, this Caps and Bruins series has been great. Holtby has been insane. A brick wall in the net. He's frustratingly good. Can't wait for Game 7. WTB a healthy Nathan Horton. Need more of his Game 7 OT magic. I can only imagine we'll be seeing some more OT in Game 7 with the way this series has gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirix View Post
    When did he dive? Any examples? I didn't see any. I saw Brayden Schenn dive today to get the Flyer's second power play goal. I see Canucks dive. I never saw Crosby dive. Just because you don't respect a player doesn't mean you can manufacture lies and start seeing things. Do you even play hockey? Do you know what it's like to play a sport with emotion? Of course he's going to be lobbying for calls because he's the CAPTAIN. In that case, Lidstrom whines every game. Every game I see him talking to a ref, he's a whiner. You can also read lips I'm guessing? You know everything Crosby says? That's alright I'm "delusional" because all of the things I've brought up you shot down with made-up lies. HE DIVED. When? HE JUST DID. HE WHINES BECAUSE I SAID. That's the quality answer I'm expecting. So far in all the articles I haven't seen anyone bring up Crosby diving. The spotlight's on him though, as you alluded to, but I've not see a single person call Crosby out for diving lately. But you saw it, so it makes it true.

Edit: I wouldn't call it acting like a "spoiled little brat", but i have heard teammates, players around the league, and the media say that they haven't seen many people in the league play with emotion like him. he wants to win, plain and simple. It's pretty clear you don't actually play hockey because you wouldn't know what it's like to bitch at a ref for a call because you want to win a game. He does this for a living. He's getting paid to win, not to make you respect him because he sits on the bench saying nothing.

ill point you to tuukatimes post and say checkmate.
    dive? yep.
    classless move? yep.
    i dont care HOW BAD you want to win. you do it with Class.
    here i'll leave you a picture of what a classy captain and leader looks like.

dives? hell no.
    Cries to the refs? hell no.
    Winner? yep.
    One of the Best? Definately.
    Class? no classier player in the leauge.

Quote Originally Posted by mirix View Post

Schenn dove so well for that second PPG that we only had 1 PPG today... SHOCKINGLY AMAZING!

Want an example of Crosby dying? Youtube it up!

/debate about Crosby dying

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Schenn dove so well for that second PPG that we only had 1 PPG today... SHOCKINGLY AMAZING!

Want an example of Crosby dying? Youtube it up!

/debate about Crosby dying
    s/he was looking for recent. which Tuuka covered well. but thanks =D.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They ran into a wall in net tonight. Quick made some great saves notably the D. Sedin break away, the 3 on 2, and doing the fucking splits to stop the Mason Raymond wrap around. Vancouver was missing major production from anyone not named Henrik during this series. Kesler, Burrows, Booth, Raymond, Lapierre really didn't do shit. The first 3 really need to actually do something for the Canucks to have any success in the future. Schneider is the future, but I'd like to see him play a full season before I say that with confidence.

As for the whole underdog thing, all the teams that made the playoffs this year are so solid. LA being an 8 seed doesn't tell the full truth imo. If people like Penner and Carter (seriously what is the value in this guy?) start heating up, the Kings will be a very scary team. But I don't think they will be able to chug along with 1-0 2-1 scoring games. The workload is squarely on Jonathon Quick and Dustin Brown's shoulders, I personally would like to see them go far because Daryll Sutter is a good coach / funny guy. Blues dominated the Sharks as I'm sure 99% of people suspected which was really the only series that went to go as planned. I didn't too much care for it. Chicago going down 3-1 (now 3-2) isn't as big a surprise to me. Phoenix is a really solid team with no real superstar firepower. But they roll 3 lines pretty close together in production coupled with a great goalie. Chicago, like Vancouver needs more goals from their big guys. Detroit losing to Nashville shoulden't be a mystery to anyone really, the real question was how they managed to win despite being outplayed badly in the majority of the games. While the Wings are a great team, I don't consider the Preds an underdog up against them. Tons of people have them slotted as the 2012 dark horse.

The East has been a puzzle. Ottawa is just so random. Their team isn't anything special, goalie not a superstar, they just work hard. Some teams just play well against other teams, as seen by their 3-1 record vs New York in the regular season. Lunqvist has been amazing as usual but the Rangers haven't played like a #1 seed. The hard working Sens seem to have a big chance of pulling off what I'd consider the biggest upset of the playoffs. Washington had their chance to close out Boston, but I can't see the Bruins losing at home in game 7. This would be another underdog but not as huge as the other series. I don't know enough about Panthers/Devils to call it, but I've watched all the games. Both teams look even with their own individual flaws and strengths. While everyone had Philly slated as the underdog, I didn't see it that way. Their team is super deep and the top end talent is amazing. Defense a little shaky but without the "Penguins cup champions inc" prediction from most analsysts and comparing these teams side by side, it is a fairly even matchup.

tldr: In my opinion, Kings are underdogs in the sense they closed the series in 5. I don't think if this game went 7, that I'd be surprised that L.A. moved on. Seen way crazier things. Ottawa and Washington are definite underdogs but those aren't over yet so it's too early to call. The media makes Philly an underdog but in reality I don't think they are.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0XF...eature=related

Interested in seeing what he has to say tomorrow if not for comedic value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post

There's a recent dive for ya. Gets up looking for a call right after he did the same thing to Schenn.

Classless. I don't care how small of an incident that is. I don't care if he doesn't like them. I don't care if it's the playoffs. It's just classless.
    Sigh, the first video is not diving. At all. Have you guys ever even skated on skates? Do you understand that when you are not expecting it and someone cross checks you on the back, you will lose your balance? Like, all balance. Unless your a fucking magician and you can make the assumption your about too hit from behind, you will FALL. Its that fucking simple.

Second video, really? Your telling me some of the greatest players ever weren't also agitators? Messier didn't throw enough elbows to heads in order for a lifetime ban? Gretzky didn't chop enough wood himself in order to get under other players skins? Its sadly part of the game, a part we act like it isn't there and is totally classless, yet its still there, after how many years? It is part of the game, it is part of the playoffs. Deal with it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's gonna disappear.

Now, I don't think Crosby is the be all and end all, I think he's a great player and a HELL of a skilled player at that one. Most of the hate you see about him, see marcelos11, is directed at the media attention surronding him. HOW THE HELL IS THAT HIS PROBLEM? Last I checked he didn't act like the fucking golden boy, nor does he even try too. He tries to play like, my gosh, A FUCKING HOCKEY PLAYER. Just because the fucking media attention is atrocious around him, doesn't justify this fucking hatred for a guy who is passionate about the game he plays.

PS. How can you not respect a guy who feels his face off strength isn't strong enough after his first pro season so he spends the entire summer almost solely working on how to be better at face offs. This same guy does a pre game work out that would knock most guys out for a game! I don't care if you hate his media coverage, I don't care if you hate his team, a guy with this much passion for the game is hard to hate.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bye bye Vancouver, come back when your team is ready to show up in the playoffs, there should have been no excuses for losing to LA this year. I find it amusing that a team can dominate all season and wind up with the most points, but when it comes time to play even more meaningful hockey, they are a ghost team.

And I think the debate has been settled, clearly Luongo is not the issue in the net, as even Schneider was bested by Quick in this series and the Canucks inability to score was the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Sigh, the first video is not diving. At all. Have you guys ever even skated on skates? Do you understand that when you are not expecting it and someone cross checks you on the back, you will lose your balance? Like, all balance. Unless your a fucking magician and you can make the assumption your about too hit from behind, you will FALL. Its that fucking simple.

Second video, really? Your telling me some of the greatest players ever weren't also agitators? Messier didn't throw enough elbows to heads in order for a lifetime ban? Gretzky didn't chop enough wood himself in order to get under other players skins? Its sadly part of the game, a part we act like it isn't there and is totally classless, yet its still there, after how many years? It is part of the game, it is part of the playoffs. Deal with it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's gonna disappear.

Now, I don't think Crosby is the be all and end all, I think he's a great player and a HELL of a skilled player at that one. Most of the hate you see about him, see marcelos11, is directed at the media attention surronding him. HOW THE HELL IS THAT HIS PROBLEM? Last I checked he didn't act like the fucking golden boy, nor does he even try too. He tries to play like, my gosh, A FUCKING HOCKEY PLAYER. Just because the fucking media attention is atrocious around him, doesn't justify this fucking hatred for a guy who is passionate about the game he plays.

PS. How can you not respect a guy who feels his face off strength isn't strong enough after his first pro season so he spends the entire summer almost solely working on how to be better at face offs. This same guy does a pre game work out that would knock most guys out for a game! I don't care if you hate his media coverage, I don't care if you hate his team, a guy with this much passion for the game is hard to hate.
    Last time I looked he did act like the golden boy, thats one of the reasons, other than the media attention, diving and overall shennanigans ( There is zero excuse for the glove thing) that people can't stand him. People give hime props for his skills, but damnit can't you just go out and kick ass without all of the other crap? If you are as good as he thinks he is, and as the media thinks he is, there is absolutely no reason to do some of the crap he does.

At this point, I think he is hated more than Avery, and thats pretty bad.

Either way just let us enjoy not hearing about him for the rest of the season, hopefully. The weekly check ups pretty much burnt everyone out on him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Last time I looked he did act like the golden boy, thats one of the reasons, other than the media attention, diving and overall shennanigans ( There is zero excuse for the glove thing) that people can't stand him. People give hime props for his skills, but damnit can't you just go out and kick ass without all of the other crap? If you are as good as he thinks he is, and as the media thinks he is, there is absolutely no reason to do some of the crap he does.

Either way just let us enjoy not hearing about him for the rest of the season, hopefully. The weekly check ups pretty much burnt everyone out on him.
    even pens fans were pissed off with those.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    NYR vs Ottawa in 6
    Boston vs Washington in 6
    NJD vs Florida Panthers in 6
    Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia in 7

LAK vs Canucks in 7
    St Louis vs San Jose in 4
    Phoenix vs Chicago in 5
    Detroit vs Nashville in 5
    Let's see if this format makes more sense.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Right. Hello Nucks and goodbye Nucks. Now this is quite awesome. Jannik Hansen going to the World Cup... fuck yea.. Now Chicago just need to fuck Coyotes up so we can get that piece of shit to Bødker on the team aswell. All NHL players on the team... neat.
    But really LAK really took I think quite a lot of us by surprice. Not sure if they desevered it didn't see any of their games.
    But now it's time for Hawks to beat Coyotes in UC and then one more time in the desert of Arizona.. C'mon Hawks!
    Edit: I havn't heard anything about riots in Vancouver, is that really true? No crazy asian?
    2 girls (still) no cup. (Just had too)
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuzzie doesn't appear to be around, so as a former mod:

Knock it the hell off with the Crosby stuff.

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Funny, Cliff Ronning was saying something similar. He thinks the Canucks aren't going to win until they get a Bure type of guy.

Anyway Luongo's contract isn't even that bad. He's a 5.3 hit with a opt out in the 2013-2014 season. The overall term is a bummer though.
    Good lord. That is a name I don't think I have heard since NHL 93 lol. He is right though. The Canucks need that guy that you can rely on to absolutely take over a game if they desperately need it. Ovie looks like he may be back to being that for the Caps. That is the type of game changer the Canucks need. Not sure if Nash is that guy, but he is a hell of a lot more of that guy the Luongo has been. If you can get Nash straight up for Luongo how do you not make that trade.

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    No one hates Sean Avery. He hasn't done enough in the league to be hated by anyone except his long list of coaches he has disappointed.

Deleted
    Soooo, Vezina candidates will be announced on wednesday, who do you guys think will make it? I'd go with Quick, Lundqvist, Rinne, in that order. Maaaybe Smith instead of Rinne, but that would be a bit disappointing as a Preds supporter. Still think it's a 50:50 chance though. Seeing anyone besides those four as the finalists would be a major surprise for me.

I honestly think that Rinne will win it, but, I think Lundqvist is the most worthy winner.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bye bye Vancouver, come back when your team is ready to show up in the playoffs, there should have been no excuses for losing to LA this year. I find it amusing that a team can dominate all season and wind up with the most points, but when it comes time to play even more meaningful hockey, they are a ghost team.

And I think the debate has been settled, clearly Luongo is not the issue in the net, as even Schneider was bested by Quick in this series and the Canucks inability to score was the issue.
    Too many people end up buying into the hype and hoopla. I honestly would not have been surprised if someone told me the Kings would win, they're just that good. It's scary to think that this series was won with pretty much the entire absence of Kopitar, Carter, and Richards sans one game.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Soooo, Vezina candidates will be announced on wednesday, who do you guys think will make it? I'd go with Quick, Lundqvist, Rinne, in that order. Maaaybe Smith instead of Rinne, but that would be a bit disappointing as a Preds supporter. Still think it's a 50:50 chance though. Seeing anyone besides those four as the finalists would be a major surprise for me.
    Quick and Lundqvist are locks. I am leaning Smith for the 3rd pick only because Halak/Elliot platoon isn't eligible although it should be which would be awesomesauce.
    Lundqvist should win it, but I wouldn't be surprised or upset if Quick won.

Anyone mention that Calder noms were Henrique, Nugent-Hopkins, and Landeskog? Would have loved to see what RNH could have done with a full year. Landeskog was a ridiculous +20 for the horrible Avs which is nuts. He was +9 more than the next guy, the only player on the team to play all 82 games, led them in goals, and was third in assists. Pretty good year for a rookie.

Edit: I somehow missed that Nickleback is playing at the awards show. And to think I didn't think they could top the Housewives from last year. Grats NHL, please tell us what time they are performing so every single person watching the show can turn it off.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-23 at 05:01 PM.