Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    There's only one thing wrong with guild wars 2. And it's the "guild wars" part. The first part was so bad that I don't know any excuse why anyone would make a sequel.
    Ok, now give us reasons please?

I have all the Guild Wars, and i must say that they are pretty good: good gameplay, nice graphics, good combat system, Henchman's AI is pretty decent, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    It's a completely different game, it's an open, persistent world, it's still buy2play, with no subscriptions

There will be microtransactions, but they will not give you an advantage over other players, they'll be purely cosmetic
    Just want to quickly correct you there, according to sources the game will be a closed persistent world. A few people have been getting slightly confused by this, myself included. Guild wars 2 guru which is affiliated with mmo-champion has got a nice sticky about mis conceptions etc which is where i go the information about the closed persistent world. Here is a quote

"Instances?! But we're in a persistent world!
    Terms/phrases to know:
    Hard instancing-What was found in the majority of the original Guild Wars, completely private zones/instances. In Guild Wars, these were explorable areas.
    Persistent closed world-The world is divided into zones, but unlike Guild Wars, which provided you an entire copy of the map to yourself, the zones in Guild Wars 2 will, excluding those specified with the term above, be persistent.-Thanks goes to Lyssa for this description.

This one I haven't seen pop up as much, but I feel it may later. The bulk of GW2, from what we've been hearing, will be a persistent closed world, with much of the personal storyline or important story-altering decisions occurring in hard instances. Players can accompany one another into these, but as the story is personal, they may not affect, only observe, the other player's story as it unfolds. They can assist in achieving certain goals or helping a friend get past an area they're stuck in, but not make any significant story changing decisions for them.

It should also be noted that a player may enter another player's home instance.

Another type of hard instance is that of the familiar dungeon, which is limited to five players, but is separate from that of the players' personal storylines, in that they hold a story unto themselves which players may engage in and affect."

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...and-t6034.html Is the full thread

15+ Year Old Account
    That makes it sound like alot of the game is instanced again. When infact only your personal story and dungeons will be instanced off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellyead View Post
    That makes it sound like alot of the game is instanced again. When infact only your personal story and dungeons will be instanced off.
    look at the instances like continents in WoW, you'll go trough a loading screen to go to the other area, but everyone will be there, unlike in gw1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    look at the instances like continents in WoW, you'll go trough a loading screen to go to the other area, but everyone will be there, unlike in gw1
    Perfect analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Adelbern View Post
    - Combat seems incredibly annoying. I watched a video from one of the gaming conventions of one of GW2's own designers repeatedly getting into the 'downed state' and then dying over and over on regular mobs. He wasn't meant to be demonstrating this, he was attempting to go through a simple event and failing many times during his own game. I also watched Shawn from GuildCast do his test play of the game and he repeatedly died and struggled to kill even one mob on his own. That is the definition of grind, and I had the same problem in Aion - solo play was hard and boring.

Doesn't look so bad to me (and of course this is a clothie).

Now I'm confused again. When I did a free trial of GW1, the thing that stopped me getting in to it was a loading screen every 5mins. Will those loading screens still be there, just with other people able to go through them with you? Or will it be more like wow, with minimal loading screens (just instances and continents)? Because in GW1, it felt like the equivalent of a loading screen when just going from Crossroads to Ratchet, never mind Barrens to Durotar.
    I would love to try GW2, I would love it to be good, I like a lot of what I am hearing about it - but if those blasted screens are gonna be there again, that honestly will be enough to stop me. I do not want to spend such a big chunk of my game time watching a loading screen. I'd rather be in wow, pre-flying-mounts, with all the flight paths removed. It would take longer, but one thing I've always liked about wow is the world feels really pretty fluid - you CAN run down the road, it's just quicker to catch a flight. Whereas GW1 . . . urgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Doesn't look so bad to me (and of course this is a clothie).
    AI looks a little dumb, I like the look of the UI. Health bubble is nifty. Some very typical Asian-styled movements. But as always, looking forward to it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Now I'm confused again. When I did a free trial of GW1, the thing that stopped me getting in to it was a loading screen every 5mins. Will those loading screens still be there, just with other people able to go through them with you? Or will it be more like wow, with minimal loading screens (just instances and continents)? Because in GW1, it felt like the equivalent of a loading screen when just going from Crossroads to Ratchet, never mind Barrens to Durotar.
    I would love to try GW2, I would love it to be good, I like a lot of what I am hearing about it - but if those blasted screens are gonna be there again, that honestly will be enough to stop me. I do not want to spend such a big chunk of my game time watching a loading screen. I'd rather be in wow, pre-flying-mounts, with all the flight paths removed. It would take longer, but one thing I've always liked about wow is the world feels really pretty fluid - you CAN run down the road, it's just quicker to catch a flight. Whereas GW1 . . . urgh.
    They didn't take any time after the initial, are you playing on a computer from '97?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    AI looks a little dumb, I like the look of the UI. Health bubble is nifty. Some very typical Asian-styled movements. But as always, looking forward to it.
    The AI was dumbed downed for demo purposes. So don't put your thoughts onto it.

10+ Year Old Account
    From gameplay videos i've seen, there were huge chunks without loading screens, the few portals i've seen might as well have been to keep the demo closed, so people couldn't go into certain cities. Smaller outposts like wow's crossroads or ratchet will be open like in wow though, as seen from ascalon settlement, etc. I haven't looked into the matter enough to give a decisive answer, and not a lot of info is out about this I think, might want to check out the gw 2 guru post unleashed provided earlier.

I'ld think it's safe to assume you won't have loading screens constantly, only if you switch to another big area

15+ Year Old Account
    The only loading screens will be like WoW's as such. Login, Instanced dungeons/personal story, zone changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    indeed,a lot of people were in this fight as their first gw2 experience, so they made the fight extremely easy, to give an epic demo, expect this guy to be a lot harder in the live version

It was 2009 and I was playing on a computer from 2008 They weren't long but they just felt so clunky, so jarring, I dunno how to describe it exactly, imagine you're driving fairly fast and suddenly have to slam on the brakes?

I'm not hating on the game, I've got one friend who absolutely loves it, GW1 > wow always for her. And the new game looks absolutely awesome in many many ways (my reaction to the manifesto was, erm, a little emotional http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2-Videos/page7). I would really LIKE this game to be good.

I get that for a lot of people it might not be annoying. But it was nails down a blackboard for me.
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's good. Still I'd like to see some vids with the "full" AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    They didn't take any time after the initial, are you playing on a computer from '97?
    Not directed at anyone in particular, but this is the biggest flaw with the American gaming market. Sure, if you make fancy-looking games with great graphics, a lot of people couldn't run the game, 100,000 would be a high pop instead of 10 million. But it would do the MMO market a favor, and gaming in general, if games stop trying to be compatible with the straight-from-the-box computer from 1999.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The only loading screens will be like WoW's as such. Login, Instanced dungeons/personal story, zone changing.
    Aye I get that, but define zones? Because like I said (for me) in GW1 it felt like a "zone" was a tiny area (e.g. crossroads and ratchet being in different zones behind loading screens). If by "zone" in the GW2 they mean instances and stuff on the size of continents then yeah fine, but if it's like it was . . . I know this really won't bug most people, but it annoys the hell out of me

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye I get that, but define zones? Because like I said (for me) in GW1 it felt like a "zone" was a tiny area (e.g. crossroads and ratchet being in different zones behind loading screens). If by "zone" in the GW2 they mean instances and stuff on the size of continents then yeah fine, but if it's like it was . . . I know this really won't bug most people, but it annoys the hell out of me
    This is just a guess, but for zone, I'ld say about 2-4 medium sized wow zones, but really, not all that much is known about the subject, so I'ld wait till more is released. I would prefer the whole world to be open as well but it might be needed for certain reasons my feeble brain couldn't possibly comprehend

Deleted
    I won't even bother with Tera now, i think GW2 is going to be the game for me.Thanks for the read.

And i will also get to have a "house"?Feel the coziness!

10+ Year Old Account
    What you're describing are outposts

No persuasion need here. I'm already switching to GW2 the second it releases, thanks for the thread though, good stuff.