Thread: 4.1 Heroics.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

4.1 Heroics.

As everything got nerfed from the 4.0 Heroics, I really do hope the new 4.1's are hard. And I'm talking 1 shot and your dead on the trash type of hard.
    I found it pathetic that so many people complained that the current dungeons where hard.
    Now I can just walk through aoe tank 2 or 3 groups of mobs at once in 90% of the pugs...

I didn't mind having to CC everything so I really do hope they make it harder than ever.
    What's your view?

I don't give a damn; need no gear for ms or os lol. But make them super fucking hard so scrubs can't get gear easily because 90% of pugs wipe in the current of heroics

Deleted
    I'd like them to be hard, but I suppose once you get the clue on how they work, an over-geared group will be able to rush through.
    It will, hopefully, pose a challenge for <346 gearlevel players.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want it challenging now that being said some players may think it is to hard and others think it is easy. There are all kinds of players in this game some elitist, some casual and some who just don't do any research at all and expect a win for nothing.

So I am sure there will be allot of QQ about the new heroics, the cue times etc.
    Zift

Deleted
    There doesnt need to be any significant challenge since dungeons are meant for learning your class
    and gearing up while you prepare for raids.

The whole debate around scrubs and bads getting gear is tiresome and outdated. Please stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I didn't like the BC model of heroics much. I liked in Vanilla the most people CC'd is if there were an extra pack, and they didn't have to be told to do it. Then again, I guess the only real CC then was sheep and maybe a stun-happy rogue keeping a mob off a healer, since you couldn't be in combat to sap/trap, and no glyphed fear...

That and I guess I ran BC heroics to death, forced CC is boring. Obliterating everything and healbotting a fury warrior "tank" is fun to me. I just feel that heroics should be something fun to gear up with, if you want hard trash to one shot you go raid. :S
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

I hope they're like WOLK dungeons, 15 min runs, etc. This waiting in line for 30 mins, plus 30 min runs is annoying, especially when you have a life. Who cares about the difficulty, as long as the runs are short.

Question to those that have run them on the PTR, are they all bosses, like old ZG/ZA, or split up into multiple instances? I'd much prefer 2-3 bosses per run.

Deleted
    i do miss 1 shots on clothies who overagrod trash, felt like agro was more of a thing to be monitored carefully instead of like now where in a heroic at least any one can tank a mob for ~5 secs before falling over.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    i do miss 1 shots on clothies who overagrod trash, felt like agro was more of a thing to be monitored carefully instead of like now where in a heroic at least any one can tank a mob for ~5 secs before falling over.
    I think you kinda missed how heals don't hit for 80% hp on clothies now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    It will, hopefully, pose a challenge for <346 gearlevel players.
    Yes, the biggest challenge for players under the 346 gear ilevel will be getting in, since 346 average is the min requirement.

They will be hard enough, that people doing it at JUST 346, will get smacked around a fair bit, until they learn the fights, just like many of us did in the Cata heroics initially in December, when we just hit that 329 min req, and figured we were fine.

Those of us with raiding experience, and 351+ ilevels, will likely stomp them hard, and have the bear timed runs down in a matter of a day or two.

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gahgoots View Post
    I hope they're like WOLK dungeons, 15 min runs, etc. This waiting in line for 30 mins, plus 30 min runs is annoying, especially when you have a life. Who cares about the difficulty, as long as the runs are short.

Question to those that have run them on the PTR, are they all bosses, like old ZG/ZA, or split up into multiple instances? I'd much prefer 2-3 bosses per run.
    ZA is basically the exact same, different final boss.

ZG is a little smaller. No Spider, Bat, or Tiger sections to go in to. Edge of Madness has an optional boss, and you got Raptor, Snake, Panther, and the Witch Doctor (or rather God-Breaker now). I could be mistaken on one possible boss, not sure, can't recall the map off the top of my head.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2011-04-19 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWooYou View Post
    As everything got nerfed from the 4.0 Heroics, I really do hope the new 4.1's are hard. And I'm talking 1 shot and your dead on the trash type of hard.
    I found it pathetic that so many people complained that the current dungeons where hard.
    Now I can just walk through aoe tank 2 or 3 groups of mobs at once in 90% of the pugs...

I didn't mind having to CC everything so I really do hope they make it harder than ever.
    What's your view?
    Then don't do heroics in raid gear. Simple as that.

Either that, or you're highly exxagerating those pulls you can make.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    There doesnt need to be any significant challenge since dungeons are meant for learning your class
    and gearing up while you prepare for raids.

The whole debate around scrubs and bads getting gear is tiresome and outdated. Please stop it.
    People also have to learn that causal players only get to do dungeons as they do not have time to devote to be a raider on any level.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf or not, It makes my alts have more gear. Meaning I don't have to be bored!

So nerf away as I clear content away!

See what I did thar?

I don't mind them being slightly challenging. Harder than ever? Nah, I don't have time for that.

I refuse to pug heroics anymore, i am tired of people buffing their itemlvl with pvp gear. I actually got a infraction from a Blizz GM for telling a guy his gear was shit for raiding. He was bragging about a 359 avg ilvl and had never raided. 1/2 his gear was pvp epics.

Edit: I am a tank
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This is why you give the actual good people a bad name who are casual and such you know that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfxPZZ6fmNE

Cant wait to get my alts decked out in scrub epix!

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the difficulty of cata heroic and even normals when they first came out before a 15% LFD buff. Even then if you have a full group you can bypass the gear requirement as before, the gear req is only for the LFD tool. To me this means I get to go have fun with my guild groups again because non of our raiders want to run heroics anymore and refuse to put up with the players in LFD.

People often talk about how they want 3 levels of difficulty for stuff well here ya go.

Cata Normals - Easy
    Cata 4.0 Hero- Medium
    Cata 4.1 Hero- Hard (I hope)
    Cata Raids - Suicide mode (at least for the casuals who want pinata loot)

Please guys, stop trying to take away all challange from the game. Some stuff should be hard.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Voluum View Post
    I don't give a damn; need no gear for ms or os lol. But make them super fucking hard so scrubs can't get gear easily because 90% of pugs wipe in the current of heroics
    We got a thug here guys