Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What I fail to understand is why someone would pay to kill themselves, all be it slowly. Maybe it is, because you don't see or feel the effects right away, but when you're fifty and coughing up your lungs and your kids are watching you die from lung cancer or some other disease due to smoking, I feel people have a different view only when it is too late.

Either way by 2020 predicted smoking will be banned in all businesses. WOOOOO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I enjoy a social cigar just a few times a year. Don't smoke beyond that.
    This! anytime there is a birth in the family we go out for a brandy and some cigars!
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomepatrol View Post
    What I fail to understand is why someone would pay to kill themselves, all be it slowly. Maybe it is, because you don't see or feel the effects right away, but when you're fifty and coughing up your lungs and your kids are watching you die from lung cancer or some other disease due to smoking, I feel people have a different view only when it is too late.
    I dont care if it kills me, I enjoy the taste and the relaxation it gives.

In american in my state we have "Fire Safe Cigarettes" or FSC.The add saltpeter to the paper(or the tobacco cant remember) it makes it burn much quicker and taste something awful if you haven't eaten before hand.
    Oh god that sounds horrible D:

My first cigar was one my dad bought me when I was 14, I wasnt smoking at the time and was like 'wtf?' then I went to my friends house got pished and then smoked it. Cigars are one of the finest tasting deathsticks around :P

Deleted
    handrolling tobacco like half or a packet per week

I don't smoke. As for my mother who does smoke... I'm honestly not sure. Maybe 4-5 cigarettes a day? It wasn't some huge amount like a pack or more, I know that. I'm glad my lungs got a chance to clear out in college and me moving out though. Now, I can't even smell her cigarettes without feeling like I'm choking and dying. >_< They finally passed it in my home state (VA) that smoking isn't allowed in restaurants anymore. Too bad that was way AFTER me working in one that allowed smoking.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    This too!

/ten characters!
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Quote Originally Posted by Matrone View Post
    hell yeah you will
    Everybody dies, and for the Reaper no reason is too stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    This! anytime there is a birth in the family we go out for a brandy and some cigars!
    I got a fondness for cigars from my father... I didn't get his fondness for pipe smoking, though, even though pipes are pretty awesome. But yes, a social cigar with friends is good times.

My dad smoked about 2 packs a day, but then he died from highly aggressive lung cancer that spread to bone, throat, and eventually brain. Because of this, I never have nor will I ever touch a cigerette, even though my chances of lung cancer are already insanely high from 2nd hand smoke for 10 years of my life and genetics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I don't smoke. As for my mother who does smoke... I'm honestly not sure. Maybe 4-5 cigarettes a day? It wasn't some huge amount like a pack or more, I know that. I'm glad my lungs got a chance to clear out in college and me moving out though. Now, I can't even smell her cigarettes without feeling like I'm choking and dying. >_< They finally passed it in my home state (VA) that smoking isn't allowed in restaurants anymore. Too bad that was way AFTER me working in one that allowed smoking.
    Heh I remember before I was smoking and going on holiday with parents, in the car they were both smoking and I was genuinly sick every trip that laster more than an hour :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post

Oh god that sounds horrible D:

My first cigar was one my dad bought me when I was 14, I wasnt smoking at the time and was like 'wtf?' then I went to my friends house got pished and then smoked it. Cigars are one of the finest tasting deathsticks around :P
    Yep thats why you go out of new jersey for smokes, its about 4 US dollars cheaper in delware a pack is 4.00, in new jersey its 8.00+ a pack.
    doh my god....

Deleted
    Cigarettes ? 5-10 a day
    'Medical' Marijuana - 3 - 4 a day.

Deleted
    Guys, this thread is not about how bad smoking is for you and what the effects are. Please don't derail the thread.

were all supposed to die, it'd just a question of when and from what

Deleted
    Smoking? You mean I will pay for inhalation of a smoke that inevitably leads to lung cancer and/or other diseases and later on death?

No thanks. 0 cigarettes / lifetime.

With booze you at least get something for the money (you get drunk, duh) but with cigarettes you just get addicted and then pay and pay and pay without getting anything back.

When I did smoke it was a pack a day. However I only smoked at work, so thats an entire pack from when I left home to after. I would smoke 3-4 on the way and another couple before work. Then get a smoke when I could. Normally i could smoke about two cigs in the time it took someone to smoke one. Id smoke another 5 or so at lunch, a break or two in the afternoon, then ussually finish the pack before heading home.

Deleted
    ~10

~10 characters also

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magekíd View Post
    Guys, this thread is not about how bad smoking is for you and what the effects are. Please don't derail the thread.
    Did you work on COD? Because you love linear progression

OT: I don't smoke more than maybe a pack every six months, sometimes I need one, most of the time I deny myself it to prove I can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Smoking? You mean I will pay for inhalation of a smoke that inevitably leads to lung cancer and/or other diseases and later on death?

No thanks. 0 cigarettes / lifetime.

With booze you at least get something for the money (you get drunk, duh) but with cigarettes you just get addicted and then pay and pay and pay without getting anything back.
    Hippocracy at its best.

OT, pack of Moods a day, tried cigarettes when I was younger but quickly moved on to cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Zero View Post
    dont smoke never have never will
    The guy asked a question, if it doesn't pertain to you, don't answer.

OT: I smoked Djarium Blacks for a very long time. In a few words, it was like each pack was Christmas. But I just loved them because they numbed my mouth and made binge drinking so much easier. FEELS JOHN GOODMAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.