Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    That happens if you have an old invite that you haven't responded to in your Guild tab. Just click G and decline the invite. I had an old invite for months before I finally figured out why it would pop up when making a new character.
    Thanks, there was one in there, yeah. I always forget that declining doesn't decline until you decline...

It's a fairly recent invite that I never saw while playing, only when making new alts in the last couple days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I would guess if you keep playing you won't receive very many, but yea they do occasionally happen in GW2.
    If you remain guildess (in wow) expect a fuck ton of ginvites, its just an add on, of coruse you can turn guild invites off.

Eh I transitioned weird there. The "I would guess if you keep playing" was in reference to GW2 again >< I was thinking maybe people had found a way to send invites to new characters in GW2. I know the guild inviting never gets better in wow unless you join a guild or turn them off

I believe WoW has a block guild invites feature, is there one in GW2? I haven't checked to be honest.

As an aside, I logged in Diablo 3 today, first time in a long time. I had 181 friend requests, every single one of them gold sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Eh I transitioned weird there. The "I would guess if you keep playing" was in reference to GW2 again >< I was thinking maybe people had found a way to send invites to new characters in GW2. I know the guild inviting never gets better in wow unless you join a guild or turn them off
    I used to have an addon in WoW (Automaton) to block invites before it simply became a default feature. Of course the addons that invite you, also WHISPER you, which is just irritating on top of irritating.

I can't remember if GW2 does or not. I forget I've been in my own private guild for almost the entire time I've been playing, so maybe that's why I haven't been subjected to /ginvite spam.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Guild invite addons...
    /cringe-rages
    Used to hate those, but worse was folk just finding you stood about & spam inviting you directly.

As for gw2, I got five invites at most in one day, but they were all from fellow WvWers (& one invite from the enemy haha).
    Guess it`s harder for randomers to spam you in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I can't remember if GW2 does or not. I forget I've been in my own private guild for almost the entire time I've been playing, so maybe that's why I haven't been subjected to /ginvite spam.
    I'm also in my own guild (Retired Shadowrunners Union), so only noticed because right at char-gen you don't rep the guild by default, so the invite popped up.

Since you can be in multiple guilds, I assume folks can and do still invite you even if you're repping already.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Guild invite addons...
    /cringe-rages
    Used to hate those, but worse was folk just finding you stood about & spam inviting you directly.

As for gw2, I got five invites at most in one day, but they were all from fellow WvWers (& one invite from the enemy haha).
    Guess it`s harder for randomers to spam you in there.
    The WvW enemy invites are to get a look at your character name. I thought they fixed it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I have never received a random guild invite, weird.

I have noticed an increase in gold sellers in the past few weeks though.
    I noticed this too. I thought GW2's exchange set up would make long term gold farming a really challenging way to turn a profit though. Shows what I know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    The WvW enemy invites are to get a look at your character name. I thought they fixed it though.

Perhapsibly from some, but the invites were from the enemy I`d ran into plenty of times & we used to mass duel & help each other with builds/hints etc.
    One of the guilds was amazing to run up against, all Ele guild.
    R.I.P. Didn`t see them log often for ages.

Also, they may of fixed it, this was months ago when I last ever played.

Deleted
    I never had a random guild invite, and I've made quite some new ones (keyfarm anyone?). Maybe it's a thing in only a few servers? Or maybe it's different in the EU?
    I've only had random whispers of goldsellers, all the time on saturdays xD So at one point I even went offline just to avoid them while I have no contact with anyone anyway. Thank god the spams in my mail has stopped. That was very annoying as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I used to have an addon in WoW (Automaton) to block invites before it simply became a default feature. Of course the addons that invite you, also WHISPER you, which is just irritating on top of irritating.
    Yea the whispers were the most annoying part.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I never had a random guild invite, and I've made quite some new ones (keyfarm anyone?). Maybe it's a thing in only a few servers? Or maybe it's different in the EU?
    I've only had random whispers of goldsellers, all the time on saturdays xD So at one point I even went offline just to avoid them while I have no contact with anyone anyway. Thank god the spams in my mail has stopped. That was very annoying as well.
    I generally never notice guild invites in GW2 until one day I open my guild tab and notice something in the bottom left. But now I think I am in five guilds so even if someone wants to invite me they can't. And yea I have noticed a decrease in the goldseller spam and mail \o/

What's happening with Living World after Battle for Lion’s Arch?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    What's happening with Living World after Battle for Lion’s Arch?
    No idea, one more day till it comes to a head and we kill the puppet again; after that I'm not sure. Maybe Lion's Arch will get rebuilt with more reasonable building materials?

I'm not sure whether to be annoyed or entertained that the whole living story was just a buildup to an "Escape from L.A." joke.

I mean, will there be more Living World content?

Yes there will be more Living Story content just not right away. They are going to take a bit of a break from putting that stuff out before they start the next storyline. Not sure how long the break will be though.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have confirmed there will be a Season 2 Living Story. Will most likely coincide with the China launch.
    Valar morghulis

Yes, there will be a small break and then a big feature patch like you would see in most MMOs and then Living story S2 starts which should fall in line with GW2 China release.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    No more Scarlet? Maybe...???

Most likely end of Scarlet and would be super nice if Anet introduced Cantha via S2 LS for the asian marked (even though the asian marked was the reason they removed it"