Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I like longbow, but half the time I switch to Greatsword because the damage is so weak. The main exception is stuff like Champs that smash melee to bits, and even then I'll usually swoop in for the final 10-15%.
    I like the Longbow as well, but it's just generally not useful

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I like the Longbow as well, but it's just generally not useful
    I just love the satisfaction of knocking a mob down with LB4.
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

I would actually love if bearbow was the best because you know...that's how I play in the world b/c I'm lazy. Also why I don't go into dungeons, though I know not to do that if I did. Re: swords, their both clumsy feeling to me. However, I use combat mod and have 1 tied to left clicks so it feels a little better. It's still wonky, but not as bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I just love the satisfaction of knocking a mob down with LB4.
    For me it's traiting piercing arrows, whatever the enrage ability for your pet is, and then the trait that all buffs to your pet go to you too. I line up like 10 mobs on my bear, including veterans, pop the enrage and use 2 and 5 to kill them all in a few seconds. If any of them get cheeky, 4 with piercing arrows actually knocks all of them back.
    BAD WOLF

You can also turn off auto-attack so you're not locked in, but that's a skill I've not attempted yet.
    It's the only actual way to play it. But to maximize the potential you have to use the #1 skill as a double tap and hold off on the third tap for an engage/re-up. The problem with this is the entire sword skill set CD progression works against the timing needed to pull off reserving the third hit of skill #1. At most, with near perfect rotation, you might get 2 applications of #1 in your whole rotation. Maybe three if you have enough buffs going, otherwise the ICD resets so that you are applying stage one #1 skill.

Just super clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    For me it's traiting piercing arrows, whatever the enrage ability for your pet is, and then the trait that all buffs to your pet go to you too. I line up like 10 mobs on my bear, including veterans, pop the enrage and use 2 and 5 to kill them all in a few seconds. If any of them get cheeky, 4 with piercing arrows actually knocks all of them back.
    That sounds fun, I'll need to try that when I've unlocked more trait points
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

That sounds fun, I'll need to try that when I've unlocked more trait points
    Piercing arrows in general makes LB a lot more viable and fun. I know it's not really what everyone says is the 'best', but sometimes you just got to do what feels right. For me I like the dynamic feeling of constantly being at max range, always trying to flank, and positioning yourself to hit as many mobs as possible with your angles. It's a lot more engaging than putting 1 on auto attack and sitting there until things die.
    BAD WOLF

Piercing arrows in general makes LB a lot more viable and fun. I know it's not really what everyone says is the 'best', but sometimes you just got to do what feels right. For me I like the dynamic feeling of constantly being at max range, always trying to flank, and positioning yourself to hit as many mobs as possible with your angles. It's a lot more engaging than putting 1 on auto attack and sitting there until things die.
    That's how I am with my staff necro, it's fun tossing down zones then lining stuff up and bouncing bad guys around while smacking them in a row.

I'm rather amazed that people still don't interrupt the Champion Wraiths when they steal health, and then they wonder why everyone is dead

Obsidian sanctum is dead. Like nobody here. What the hell happened to this place? I just to have amazing pvp here with cliff pushing and grabbing the stealth and now it's literally dead. I think making it an instance really just ruined it. (That and the stupid arena)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

You mean the jumping puzzle or the arena area?

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    You mean the jumping puzzle or the arena area?
    both really, I really miss knocking people off ledges with focus :l

- - - Updated - - -

also anyone succeed in pugging 3 headed wurm? I haven't failed a teq but not sure if the wurm is worth my time.

Obsidian Sanctum died the day they put siege blueprints on the vendors and took the precursor out of the chest. It happened literally overnight.

Every now and then if they have an event in there (like the WvW meta cheeve, or the Kite things cheeve) and now and then guilds will go in to rumble it up, but for the most part it's very quiet. No reason to run it anymore.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Obsidian Sanctum died the day they put siege blueprints on the vendors and took the precursor out of the chest. It happened literally overnight.
    what? Is it just OS chest or all JP chests?

As far as I'm aware the OS chest was the only JP chest that could drop a precursor.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Precursor_weapon

A precursor can also drop from any chest or container that drops weapons. Chests include jumping puzzle chests, dungeon chests, boss chests, and so on.

Hmm, don't know. I just remember how we use to see a precursor drop at least once a week from that chest and then suddenly it dried up. It was the same week that they unbound the blueprints. There was some discussion on the official forums iirc about how the precursor was removed from that chest. Don't have a source, sry.

It was all around some mad kittens bitching about being "forced" to run the puzzle.

Are the legendary skins account bound like all others once you make one? If so, did they increase the mats to compensate? I haven't even begun to start that little journey, but I know I want to make one of the GS since a few of my characters can use them.
    BAD WOLF

yeah they are account bound, kel, and no there isn't a change in mats to make them

Are the legendary skins account bound like all others once you make one? If so, did they increase the mats to compensate? I haven't even begun to start that little journey, but I know I want to make one of the GS since a few of my characters can use them.
    The skin is account bound. The actual sword will be soul bound upon use. They didn't change the mats but I think badges are harder to get now and unidentified dye if your recipe calls for it.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The skin is account bound. The actual sword will be soul bound upon use. They didn't change the mats but I think badges are harder to get now and unidentified dye if your recipe calls for it.
    Actually the actual weapon is account bound now as well. All the legendaries and all ascended equipment (armor, weapons and trinkets) can be used by any of your characters (something I really really love).