How to level a mesmer:

1. Equip a sword (mainhand)
    2. Use illusionary leap 2 times to port to your enemy (if everything works)
    3. Use blurred frenzy, followed by f1/f2/... whatever is available
    4. Collect loot

Look at the tools you're given and use them! Mesmers aren't AoE nukers, they are cleavers. Killing 2-4 enemies at once is quite easy but more than that becomes hard (not that it matters much since the AoE-nerf but still a staff ele can just pull everything and be fine).

Don't bank on making a phantasm build, they are too slow for efficiently killing minions after another (instead of AoEing them down).
    You can add flavor to "burst" mesmer by equipping a staff or greatsword in you second set. The plan remains similar as before but instead of starting with sword 3, you either berserker + mind stab first or chaos storm + chaos armor.

Thieves work in a similar way, you either go full on burst mode (d/d, steal combo) or full AoE mode with the shortbow (they both work but I prefer the dagger version personally).
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

^ Blurred frenzy is frickin' awesome, I forgot to say that one. On a similar topic, the one thing I wish for Mesmers is that their illusions didn't die once that particular mob went down. Would be so much better if they persisted through combat and could change targets.

Figured I'd post here instead of a new thread. A year ago I randomly got an email saying someone was trying to change my password for GW2 so I changed the password on it along with the email. Now fastforward to now I'm trying to login for the first time in months and it says my account is locked contact support due to suspicious activity. I login in the website and my IP is still saved as trusted and I have the authenticator, I put a ticket in Tuesday and have yet to get a response. Why the fuck don't they have live chat or phone support? Anet has to have some of the worst support I've ever fucking seen.

I'd have to disagree with that; the few times I've had to deal with ANet support they were great. Rapid turnaround, willing to work with the information I had available instead of needing every piece of information they request.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Yeah I'm hoping mines just a bad case but I'm not sure. When I filled the form out I did all the info to prove I bought it etc. Maybe it's a busy week but why the hell they don't atleast have live chat is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Yeah I'm hoping mines just a bad case but I'm not sure. When I filled the form out I did all the info to prove I bought it etc. Maybe it's a busy week but why the hell they don't atleast have live chat is beyond me.
    Oh, that's simple: cost vs return. Having people for live chat would require more people to respond to tickets in the same time period, and doesn't really provide substantial benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Oh, that's simple: cost vs return. Having people for live chat would require more people to respond to tickets in the same time period, and doesn't really provide substantial benefit.
    Yeah I figured with no subscription it comes down to that plus needing more people. But it's pretty shitty to have to wait what is looking like a week just to login. Annoying thing is this account got hijacked and I used a new email that I used for nothing else to sign up with but the password I didn't put any effort into. I'm not sure how it got jacked but my computer is clean and I check every two days using Hijackthis/OTL/Hitman/MWB. So no keyloggers, I honestly am not upset, just annoyed more or less cause GW2 caught my interest again. I might say fuck it and buy a new copy of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally it doesn't take much time for supports response. Myself had an issue with the account email address. The mailbox wasn't available anymore (from my old employer) and i forgot my password. It took 2 days to get the account back with an updated email address.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Right. I wonder, though, if they have a high ticket load right now due to the recent announcement of HoT and a flood of new and returning players overwhelming their system.

Yeah with the expansion announcement they were probably busy, I didn't really take that into account. Good news they got back to me today and unlocked my account!

Glad to hear it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear they fixed it for you.

When I came back to the game last year after I hadn't played since a few months after launch, I had forgotten most of my login information and support responded pretty quickly and worked with the information I could remember. Their support is really pretty good in comparison to other games I've played!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Their support is great it only took 2 days to get a guy banned for griefing the whole server back before megaservers :S, the guy might be the reason why the VW siege is unmanned unlike marionette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is interested in getting the Black Feather Wings Backpack set, it's on the gemstore now for 24 hours only.

Also, TONS of information flowing in from the press demo event last week, I'll just leave a link to the official twitter since most everyone is linking there:
    https://twitter.com/guildwars2

And a megapost on reddit:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...info_megapost/
    Last edited by Karizee; 2015-03-03 at 04:59 PM.
    Valar morghulis

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    it's on the gemstore now for 24 hours only.
    That's pretty crap, but I guess they'll be getting my money.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's pretty crap, but I guess they'll be getting my money.
    Yea not getting my money. It looks like male cloth armor is never going to get improved thanks to sexist Anet. At least I am going revenant so I don't have to wear the ugly anymore.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yea not getting my money. It looks like male cloth armor is never going to get improved thanks to sexist Anet. At least I am going revenant so I don't have to wear the ugly anymore.
    It's just pretty tacky to do a 24 hour limited time thing with an item that generated so much interest and they know exactly what this means. It's an attempt to drive up sales by goading people into buying immediately. I don't like that at all, because it's very transparent those are their intentions.

I mean it's smart business, so I can understand that perspective, but it doesn't really come off the right way to me. I may not buy it, even though I want them, just on principle. I don't have too much time to think about it though, which is their intention.
    BAD WOLF

Watched most of the videos on the GW2 twitter page, everything looks amazing. I'm SO ready for this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't like male characters in this game. None of them because of the ugly looks. Norns have very short legs compared to their upper body. Humans look like a stiff version of barbies ken with metrosexual/asian faces. I don't mind the rest, because they simply doesn't interest me (male or female wise).
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ