Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    His point is right no matter how you interpret it, the personal story is entirely personal and instanced - that you can play with other players (or not) doesn't change that.
    What confused me was what he quoted. I just was adding that there is option to do personal story with friends and that these other players still get karma as reward from helping someone with their personal story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    What is going to be your main character? Why and how are you going to name it?
    I think i'm gonna have a human guardian as a main, and a sylvari ranger as my first alt. Haven't thought too much about names yet tho, but might just pick some of the names i used in gw1.

Deleted
    As far as I know, Personal Story Events are events you do with NPC's and stuff. If it's true that people can tag along in your 'instanced world' then I've probably missed that. It's cool though
    You might want to check this
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_story

And this http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/05...with-ree-soes/
    Here is quote from it you might find interesting.
    How much effect can you have on the personal stories of your fellow players? If two players cross paths by chance and wind up assisting one another, will events play out to make it more beneficial to continue on together?
    You control your personal story; the only other players that can become involved in it are those you invite into your group. Players that you ask to play through parts of your personal story with you can help -- but in the end, the decisions in that story are yours to make. While your friends will be rewarded for assisting you, you will be the one to decide how the story progresses, and you will be the hero of the tale.

If they only accept other payments besides credit card and PayPal... damned NCSoft.
    Most credit card companies now offer pre-paid "credit" cards that you can refill at banks and other locations. There is no age or credit-check requirement for these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if you're playing with a friend, in their personal storyline, and you happen to be progressed to the same part in your own personal storyline, at the end you can choose to save the progress as your own, or not save it and do it for yourself again later.

5 slots seems fine to me, I'll just keep 1 or 2 slots filled with PvP characters that I can delete if I want to change their class.

In direct response to a thread on GW2Guru about having 5 slots, a CM replied that they had not actually decided on a final number yet. Extra slots were $9.99 in the US for GW1. Also there aren't PvP-only characters in GW2 like there were in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Aammadan View Post
    In direct response to a thread on GW2Guru about having 5 slots, a CM replied that they had not actually decided on a final number yet. Extra slots were $9.99 in the US for GW1. Also there aren't PvP-only characters in GW2 like there were in the first.
    Let's just wait and see. I was hoping for about 8.

Also there aren't PvP-only characters in GW2 like there were in the first.
    Not a huge deal to me, but I don't think that'll go over too well with others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, Wow player logic is a strange thing.

$15 a month just to be allowed to log in = Awesome
    $10 once for a new character slot = That's bullshit

/facepalm
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-09-22 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Didn't even see that quote lol

What I meant by "PvP character" is a character that I go through the tutorial with, then avoid all PvE and only do the hot-joinable PvP with. That should be possible in GW2, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

/facepalm
    ^This comment nailed the palm of my hand into my face. I couldn't agree more. The logic of some people's standards aren't clear most of the time. Good to see some people still haven't lost theirs.

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    What I meant by "PvP character" is a character that I go through the tutorial with, then avoid all PvE and only do the hot-joinable PvP with. That should be possible in GW2, right?
    You can start at lv 1. Can only play level PvP and level to 80. That is indeed possible.

Not sure if this was ever posted before, but it's a pretty decent PvP interview.
    I learned a little thing or two I didn't know before.

You can start at lv 1. Can only play level PvP and level to 80. That is indeed possible.
    I think his question is about how in GW1 you were able to create a max level character for PVP purposes that had all your skills already. A level 1 char in GW2, when bumped up to max level PVP, will in many cases NOT have all the skills a level 80 would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    I think his question is about how in GW1 you were able to create a max level character for PVP purposes that had all your skills already. A level 1 char in GW2, when bumped up to max level PVP, will in many cases NOT have all the skills a level 80 would have.
    He told that he was aware that you couldn't make a PvP Character but still level up without playing any PvE content.
    About the part with the skills I'm not so sure though.

Let's just wait and see. I was hoping for about 8.
    I think we'll end up with 5, but I'm hoping for 6. No way they give us 8 so we can cover all the professions, they need to make up for the lack of a monthly fee somewhere. GW1 had 6 professions and 4 slots, adding 2 professions and 1 slot with each of the 2 new campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

/facepalm
    Not sure if people would ever call $15/mo to log in awesome, but it's true that people QQ much harder for microtransactions. I think in a few years time that will change, but for now people are stuck on the monthly fee mindset since it has been in place for years.

Deleted
    Not sure if people would ever call $15/mo to log in awesome, but it's true that people QQ much harder for microtransactions. I think in a few years time that will change, but for now people are stuck on the monthly fee mindset since it has been in place for years.
    It's usually the fact that the stuff you can buy with microtransactions provides you with a competitive advantage over those who cannot afford to buy as much stuff.

I think we'll end up with 5, but I'm hoping for 6. No way they give us 8 so we can cover all the professions, they need to make up for the lack of a monthly fee somewhere. GW1 had 6 professions and 4 slots, adding 2 professions and 1 slot with each of the 2 new campaigns.
    A man can hope can't he? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    Yes. You could level that character in the www area. And/or you could play the competitive arena pvp and you'll be bumped to level 80, given max level armor, and receive all of the skills just for that. So it is very similar in that respect to the first Guild Wars game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yes. You could level that character in the www area. And/or you could play the competitive arena pvp and you'll be bumped to level 80, given max level armor, and receive all of the skills just for that. So it is very similar in that respect to the first Guild Wars game.
    I thought it didnt give you all the skills just what skills you have already