10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people don't see warriors as a highly mobile profession, I mean, yeah, they're not doing flips and shit but they are mobile. Mostly, they make their opponents move.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to play a more tank-y class like Guardian. Been playing squishy classes in WoW since TBC (Mage, Rogue, Priest, mostly Mage) and want to experience a new game as a new class that can survive some blows and offer *proper* support to my teammates
    I absolutely despise healing roles and love tanking/dps, but since GW2 is doing away with all that...I guess a Guardian is the closest thing to a tank/melee.

But then, my decision also revolves around how well GW2 handles latency and melee. One of the biggest disadvantages of playing a melee class is the fact things become 100x worse at higher latencies while ranged classes suffer no penalty.

Any word on Oceanic servers? That's probably asking for too much.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-09-25 at 11:19 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    I don't get why people see Thief as a more mobile Warrior, when they're nothing alike.

If you think those two are the same, you must think Necro, Ele, Mesmer will all be the same.
    Ranger + Engineer = same?

Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    Hmmm... I'm tempted to reinstall GW1. I miss my Ritualist D:
    I love the Ritualist.Spirit Spammer build for the win.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Ranger + Engineer = same?
    Absolutely, I mean.... yeah no...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    I see Thief as a more mobile, higher skilled warrior.
    Except thiefs are more agile warriors with light armors who fight dirty. :P like stealth and stealing environtal weapons from innocent trees.

Theres no real glory in that, warrior instead is the guy who goes head on against any opponent and doesnt use pussy-abilities like invisibility...instead they just charge without hiding anywhere. And trust me, warriors are skilled lorewise...thiefs are just faster and more agile which might look like that they are more skilled than basic warriors.

Assasins Creed = ultimate thief game :P main chara is very skilled fighter in it.

But thats just how generally people see it, theres not that many 'warrior' only games compared to 'thief/rogue/assasin' games.
    Assasins Creed series for example is basicly purely an assasin based game, although you can fight like a warrior in it with 2 handed weapon and just charging in...but your still wearing light armor.

And ive never heard of a Warrior/Knight game that would be like AC.
    Elder Scrolls gets close but then again in there you can choose from multiple classes.

Ive always kept rogue classes as 'sneaky bastards' who use stealth to attack and kill (coward way, but the safer way).
    And warriors as those who kill with brute force and melee superiority, with aim to die fighting gloriously if they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Theres no real glory in that, warrior instead is the guy who goes head on against any opponent and doesnt use pussy-abilities like invisibility...instead they just charge without hiding anywhere.
    Warrior's get glory. Glory gets them laid. Warriors get laid. What do thieves get? Trench foot from hiding in the cold shadows all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    But then, my decision also revolves around how well GW2 handles latency and melee. One of the biggest disadvantages of playing a melee class is the fact things become 100x worse at higher latencies while ranged classes suffer no penalty.
    That's wrong. Ranged classes are not exempt from high latency and the problems it causes. You could always try the dozens of free MMOs to see how their tank classes work as a way to get yourself accustomed to their "unique" way of playing and how your experience might potentially be in Guild Wars 2.

Theres no real glory in that
    What IS glory, exactly? Besides, last I checked, there was nothing "glorious" about getting slammed with the backside of a dragon's tail while your head went sailing across the sky.
    Last edited by Requimortem; 2011-09-25 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    That's wrong. Ranged classes are not exempt from high latency and the problems it causes.
    I should've clarified. My #1 problem as a rogue was positional requirements and getting spammed by the good old "target too far away" when I was clearly right on top of my target. My client would see me in range of my target, the server would consider me out of range. All melee classes suffer this to varying degrees in all MMO's (but it also depends on the MMO). Ranged don't have this problem because they can fire-off abilities anywhere from point blank up to 30 yards away without having to constantly sit on the target.

Try playing a melee class (esp. rogue) at 250-300ms, it is painful and takes a LOT of getting used to e.g. running AHEAD of the target in order to hit them.

This is why I'm waiting for more info on GW2 server locations...please have support for Aus/NZ players and don't kick them in the face like Blizzard did...
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-09-25 at 11:47 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I should've clarified. My #1 problem as a rogue was positional requirements and getting spammed by the good old "target too far away" when I was clearly right on top of my target. My client would see me in range of my target, the server would consider me out of range. All melee classes suffer this to varying degrees in all MMO's (but it also depends on the MMO). Ranged don't have this problem because they can fire-off abilities anywhere from point blank up to 30 yards away without having to constantly sit on the target.

Try playing a melee class (esp. rogue) at 250-300ms, it is painful and takes a LOT of getting used to e.g. running AHEAD of the target in order to hit them.

This is why I'm waiting for more info on GW2 server locations...please have support for Aus/NZ players and don't kick them in the face like Blizzard did...
    Yes, you should have. I understand that because I've dealt with it when playing as a rogue but hey, dealing with that isn't as bad as dealing with these loathsome mana issues. It's extremely bad as a mage yet only moderately so as a warlock. I guess I could be considered "casual" since I don't believe in the necessity of putting extra stress on people's shoulders while playing certain classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    What IS glory, exactly? Besides, last I checked, there was nothing "glorious" about getting slammed with the backside of a dragon's tail while your head went sailing across the sky.
    The glory is getting back up and leaping headlong back into battle swinging your giant ass claymore or banhammer.

Assasins Creed = ultimate thief game :P main chara is very skilled fighter in it.

And ive never heard of a Warrior/Knight game that would be like AC.
    Lemme Just say 3, Kratos in god of war, and the main characters in Darksiders and in the upcoming Asura's Wrath ... Those are pretty much warriors-heavy badass characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    The glory is getting back up and leaping headlong back into battle swinging your giant ass claymore or banhammer.
    How do you do that without a head?

The thing is, my favorite combat and character style comes from Ninja Gaiden 2 (almost done with it on master difficulty). From what I can tell, Ryu seems like the perfect in-between blend of a thief and warrior. I like the agility, but I also like the furious berserking. I'm completely torn on thief and warrior at the moment, but it is interesting to hear TB say his favorite class thus far is thief, even though it's not really his playstyle.

How do you do that without a head?
    Real warriors are too pissed to be bothered about silly things such as missing the head and such!

Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    The thing is, my favorite combat and character style comes from Ninja Gaiden 2 (almost done with it on master difficulty). From what I can tell, Ryu seems like the perfect in-between blend of a thief and warrior. I like the agility, but I also like the furious berserking. I'm completely torn on thief and warrior at the moment, but it is interesting to hear TB say his favorite class thus far is thief, even though it's not really his playstyle.
    I sincerely hope you're not considering basing your choice on what HE says.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    Real warriors are too pissed to be bothered about silly things such as missing the head and such!
    Well... I don't know about you but I like my head right where it is.
    Last edited by Requimortem; 2011-09-26 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masyws View Post
    Lemme Just say 3, Kratos in god of war, and the main characters in Darksiders and in the upcoming Asura's Wrath ... Those are pretty much warriors-heavy badass characters.
    i think warriors in GW2 are anet's vision of Link in heavy armour
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27Thalas&n=Rofflemau

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Considering your head went sailing away thats not glory, just gory. Would make for a somewhat different zombie movie plot. I cant think of any zombie Apocalypse movies that involved the zombies fighting a dragon.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Odeezee we tried to tell you that you at least needed max level armor a few times. The kurzick eliet armor only differes in artwork from the sets you could have picked up in kaing center and those are significantly cheaper.
    i did get a 60 armor set, the Storm something or other but that was on my other Ele and i had never pvped before. that's when i truly saw the power of armor count :/
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    I played a warrior at Eurogamer.

I fell in love with the two handed sword.