Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It's not an opinion hes adding to the thread. It's just crap. No intention of dicussing anything useful, just bashing every game. He does it in more than this GW2 thread.
    My bad then, but I also think he wants us to react, just report him or something and /ignore the rest of it!

An opinion is fine. It's the misinformation that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Or there's also the confirmed source from their shareholder meeting where they said beta would start in 2011 and the game would be released in 2012
    Oh yeah, I knew closed beta was definately this year as they have said it several times in different interviews, but the speculation was about open beta.

As for the game definately being released in 2012, I don't think I saw anything saying that. Got a link? Not saying it's not true, as it does seem pretty unlikely that it will be released this year, I just want to see for myself what has been said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Oh yeah, I knew closed beta was definately this year as they have said it several times in different interviews, but the speculation was about open beta.

As for the game definately being released in 2012, I don't think I saw anything saying that. Got a link? Not saying it's not true, as it does seem pretty unlikely that it will be released this year, I just want to see for myself what has been said.
    They never actually said it would be released in 2012. Just that there would be activities related to GW2 in 2012. All they pretty much said that was the game was on track in their development schedule.

Also this from an ArenaNet employee regarding the NCSoft conference call.

All right, everyone. Seems that this investor call got a few people worked up, so I wanted to reiterate information about beta and the business model.

Our release date remains "When it's done" and our current beta timing is still closed alpha/beta this year, with public beta and release to be determined based upon feedback from closed alpha/beta.

The business model remains subscription-free (buy the game, no monthly fees) with microtransactions, which you have long known about. Other games charge a subscription fee to provide ongoing game content. As you know from Rick's posts on the forums, microstransactions in Guild Wars 2 are going to help sustain the game and provide you with ongoing game content.

So, really, the investor call revealed nothing new to fans who have been following the game closely. For investors, the call was informational and provided status updates for them. Unlike fans, investors don't constantly hit F5 on the blog or the Guild Wars 2 website to track every single minute detail.

- Regina Buenaobra
    So really we just don't know when it will be released but it is looking like 2012.

Yea especially with The Old Republic possibly coming out this holiday season it would be wise as a business decision to give it some space =P

Why did Blizzcon2011 get banned? Anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nalvaudi View Post
    Really not the place or way to ask...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Probably with the fact that he insulted several other posters. He did insulted me through private message, but I didn't reported him, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Probably with the fact that he insulted several other posters. He did insulted me through private message, but I didn't reported him, so who knows?
    Look at the post above yours :P

On topic:

So guys what kind of player are you going to be? And why?
    Explorer
    PvE
    PvP (structured or WvWvW?)
    Altoholic
    ???
    ???
    Myself the awsome explorer ofc ! Love to see new amasing placed and what i've seen so far from videos etc I just wanna see moar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Really, huh, i must have missed those. Would have thought Takhisis or w/e his name is would have been banned by now. Anyway

OT: Arenanet moved to their new offices recently. They've been sharing photo's on twitter. Here is a link to the Guru Thread.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ce-t17459.html
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

release it already..

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    Look at the post above yours :P

On topic:

So guys what kind of player are you going to be? And why?
    Explorer
    PvE
    PvP (structured or WvWvW?)
    Altoholic
    ???
    ???
    Myself the awsome explorer ofc ! Love to see new amasing placed and what i've seen so far from videos etc I just wanna see moar!
    Psh, everything of course! I can't look at any class and think "Oh, that won't work well for PvE/PvP", can't wait to do both with all of them. As for exploring, Anet has hyped it up so much, chances are there will truly awesome to find whilst exploring, so of course that must be done as well

Quote Originally Posted by Vaught View Post
    IMG

release it already..
    Oddly enough, that picture doesn't match the silhouette on the GW2 site at all.
    Last edited by Underskilled; 2011-06-01 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Oddly enough, that picture doesn't match the silhouette on the GW2 site at all.
    That's because it's the concept art for the Elementalist and not the mesmer. I can see the reason for the confusion though, it's very mesmer'ish.
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

That's because it's the concept art for the Elementalist and not the mesmer. I can see the reason for the confusion though, it's very mesmer'ish.
    That actually brings me to something that's been on my mind. Does any hope the final class is NOT a Mesmer? I have nothing against the Mesmer class, I tried it out in GW and it was pretty fun. However, everyone has been talking like it's already confirmed, which pretty much takes any surprise or delight out of the reveal if it is. When the engineer was released I was pretty damn surprised, since the thought of one didn't even cross my mind, but for the longest time now everyone's talking mesmer this mesmer that, if it is released as the last profession, people aren't going to say "Oh WOW, mesmer!" they'll just shrug with "yep, mesmer".

I know it's just about already confirmed, with the fact the last profession is going to be a scholar class, and a returning profession from GW, but I would absolutely love if Anet made a huge U-turn and made it something else, now THAT would surprise the hell out of people.

While they didn't confirmed that last profession will be mesmer, there are multiple hints, especially in recent interview about engineer that last class will be manipulating with mind. ..so mind manipulating, scholar and returning profession ... well, while I would love to have something different..and not mesmer as last profession, I am pretty sure mesmer is only option IF all hints they gave us are really true.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    That actually brings me to something that's been on my mind. Does any hope the final class is NOT a Mesmer? I have nothing against the Mesmer class, I tried it out in GW and it was pretty fun. However, everyone has been talking like it's already confirmed, which pretty much takes any surprise or delight out of the reveal if it is. When the engineer was released I was pretty damn surprised, since the thought of one didn't even cross my mind, but for the longest time now everyone's talking mesmer this mesmer that, if it is released as the last profession, people aren't going to say "Oh WOW, mesmer!" they'll just shrug with "yep, mesmer".

I know it's just about already confirmed, with the fact the last profession is going to be a scholar class, and a returning profession from GW, but I would absolutely love if Anet made a huge U-turn and made it something else, now THAT would surprise the hell out of people.
    I'm also hoping for something of the sort, or just that they made the mesmer awsomsauce different then what people think!

Hands off, these are for the SWTOR fans. I invited them over. Hope that's ok!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post

Hands off, these are for the SWTOR fans. I invited them over. Hope that's ok!
    Oh damn they look good!!

And now I'm hungry

Greetings to any SW:TOR fans! Don't suppose any of you could steal a cookie for me . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Sapho its sooo good cant share.... lol j/k