Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    There's a few items I'd love to have gotten but didn't have the resources at the time. The greatsword chainsaw skin for instance. The stuff from the token vendor/ laurel vendor, I either already have it or don't want it. I was thinking of getting the mask of the night or the twisted shoulders, but the only reason I don't have them is because I deleted them before the Wardrobe, so it seems silly to buy them now...

Meanwhile there's plenty of old gear that they haven't reintroduced in any way, it's very strange.
    Holiday events aren't part of the LS which is why you don't see half the shit that was released during the time S1 was active.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

They're going to Gamescon this year in August, and I do hope they finally announce an expansion. Game could use one once Season 2 is over. It's kind of ironic there hasn't been any indication of one since iirc GW1 had them pretty frequently. Most mmos seem to release their first xpac pretty soon. Aion and SWTOR were around a year after launch, Rift's was like a year and a half and TBC was a little over 2 years after wow's launch.

An xpac would be nice to get people excited again. As cool as the Gates of Maguuma is, it doesn't have the same grandeur of pre-xpac excitement.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Holiday events aren't part of the LS which is why you don't see half the shit that was released during the time S1 was active.
    They brought back the wintersday outfit and some halloween outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They brought back the wintersday outfit and some halloween outfits.
    Yea as a promotional sale. I'm talking about the laurel vendor selling S1.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Playing my mesmer feels so clunky now compared to my ranger. I miss the movement speed buff.

Also the clones on dodge. Sucks we have to wait till 60 for that now. I loved mesmer earlier, but there were always things I didn't like. Feels too clicky. Shattering is fun though and I love confusion.

Looks like a Ranger will be my mine. Too bad in dungeons you're limited to sword/WH + greatsword.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    They're going to Gamescon this year in August, and I do hope they finally announce an expansion. Game could use one once Season 2 is over. It's kind of ironic there hasn't been any indication of one since iirc GW1 had them pretty frequently. Most mmos seem to release their first xpac pretty soon. Aion and SWTOR were around a year after launch, Rift's was like a year and a half and TBC was a little over 2 years after wow's launch.

An xpac would be nice to get people excited again. As cool as the Gates of Maguuma is, it doesn't have the same grandeur of pre-xpac excitement.
    I still believe it wouldn't change a thing. Even worse, they might attract people that only come back for the expansion, think that's it, and leave and talk crap about the game again.
    In my opinion they're doing a good thing to work on what's really important for the actual community, they're the ones to rely on. And with the S2 I've got a feeling it's working pretty good. It would be a pretty solid bridge to another expansion, so the expansion also happens for a reason. IF there would be an expasion, S2 would be a pretty good way to open that gate. In my opinion, that is... I just enjoy it more right now without the craptalkers and bullshitpeople =x

I miss the movement speed buff.
    That's the number one thing which annoys me about playing my mesmer FEELS SO SLOW!

Looks like a Ranger will be my mine. Too bad in dungeons you're limited to sword/WH + greatsword.
    I find having a shortbow as the secondary weapon is useful for some situations. Now that I am used to sword/wh though I do really like that weapon combination a lot. Though I was.. resistant... to the idea at first

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That's the number one thing which annoys me about playing my mesmer FEELS SO SLOW!
    Especially if it's a Norn (like mine), their normal run speed seems unnaturally slow lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Especially if it's a Norn (like mine), their normal run speed seems unnaturally slow lol.
    Yeah she moves as if she's in slowmotion xD

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    Yeah she moves as if she's in slowmotion xD
    Even worse when you make the tallest one possible. I was just thinking last night that I want to get some gems for a recustomization because my giantess looks so odd doing story missions when all the NPCs, even Brann(*sp) are three heads shorter than her. At first I thought it was awesome, but now it just looks out of place and I feel like I'm stuck in tar.
    BAD WOLF

Call me weird but I like the slow motion of the Norn (female). It gives me the impression that she is indeed a giant with slow and heavy yet big strides.

I like the slow Norn feel best on my engineer. Giant dude, with a giant backpack wandering by. It was more entertaining with the flame thrower out, as you feel like a damn siege engine. I just can't find a way to make the flame thrower all that great except when people are breaking down a door in wvw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a recustomize item so I decided to redo my Native American looking Nord (weird, I know...but it seemed cool at the time). I made her the shortest a Norn can be, used the crazy awesome recustomize only braids, lightened her skin, gave her blonde hair and blue eyes...and now she feels like a Norn and doesn't look stupid. I look like Lagertha from Vikings which is pretty rad.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok....one thing I've been wondering is how to get more powerful gear. I know that there isn't a huge gear gap in this game, but there is some. I've always felt a little weak on my ranger since hitting 80 a long time ago and getting gear from karma off vendors in Orr after events. I know that crafting has increased and Ascended gear is a thing, but I don't know how that correlates to my character's power. While I'm satisfied with mostly cosmetic improvements, the gear I had from Orr and feel weak in surely isn't the end of the line. What is recommended for getting my 'BiS' gear for a ranger? I figured I'd ask here instead of scouring potentially wrong information on the web.

Do I need to aim for maxing crafting and making ascended, or does that only increase your ability in dungeons? Should I be running dungeons? What gear is the absolute ceiling in terms of player power in the open world? Thanks in advance.
    BAD WOLF

there is no BiS gear, I think you mean the gear which does most damage, which is (for most professions) berserker gear (in terms of raw burst damage).

If you are looking for good gear for WvW, then I'd recommend something with defensive stats, since everytime you go down the enemies which tagged you rally again.
    If you're doing dungeons, then I'd probably go for berserker.

Ascended Gear is quite a ride, the stat-difference is not that big though. I'd go for Ascended only as longterm-goal (imho). What a lot of people miss: you gain a lot of strength from consumables, make sure you have 2 consumable buffs always on when needed. This should help you find your desired consumables: http://wiki.theamazonbasin.com/index...hment_Database

Also don't forget that runes, sigils and all the trinkets are important to for maxing your power.

this is also a useful link, it shows a table with all(?) the available stats and how to get them:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equi...ition_by_stats

Personally I don't do dungeons / fractals much so I buy the exotic gear from the WvW vendor (badges of honor needed) and my first ascended items (trinkets like rings and amulets) are from the laurel vendor. There is a laurel-vendor in the WvW-map too which sells the same trinkets for less laurels, but some wvw badges. Crafting exotic gear is also a very comfortable option, sometimes you find nice exotic gear on the TP too - quite cheap sometimes.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2014-07-10 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    there is no BiS gear
    I know, that's why I put it in quotes. In any case, I appreciate the help...I guess it is just crafting beserker gear then. I know beserker was the stats I wanted, just didn't know what the best quality of those stats were.
    BAD WOLF

You can also craft Assassin's gear Kel. Depending on your build it could even be better than Berserker

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I know, that's why I put it in quotes. In any case, I appreciate the help...I guess it is just crafting beserker gear then. I know beserker was the stats I wanted, just didn't know what the best quality of those stats were.
    I've read in places that the game is balanced for Green gear, so it shouldn't be an issue, but faster is always better.

You can hit the TP and buy some Rare/ Yellow armor for like 30-50s, so a whole set would be 3-4g.

Exotic is "old top of the line", which is the most common really, berserkers will run you 4-6g a piece, but you can also get some level 76 or 78 exotics for a decent price. (I actually just sold a berserker level 78 medium piece that I got for Frostgorge completion.)

Ascended is the new kewl, the bestest top of the line. Requires 500 crafting to make your own stuff as they're account bound. Lots of the mats are also account bound. I haven't bothered making much ascended gear myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realized I could make some pieces and even make some superior ranger runes...just gotta start farming high level areas I guess. I'll weave it into map completion since I still haven't done that b/c I'm a slacker.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I realized I could make some pieces and even make some superior ranger runes...just gotta start farming high level areas I guess. I'll weave it into map completion since I still haven't done that b/c I'm a slacker.
    If you want to pick up a could of items quickly I would suggest doing a few of the big world events. I usually net about 1g off about 2-3 events on average. Map completion of the high level maps is also very good as the rewards are nice there.

If you finish your daily and monthly metas then getting Ascended rings and Accessories is very quick and easy.

I usually run around with MF food which helps.

Frostgorge, Cursed Shores and Malchor zone completions give you two pieces of gear, level 76 or 78, some are valuable for the rune in them also.