Poll: Should Blizzard add more PvP content?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think Blizzard should add more to PvP?

It's fairly obvious that WoW is mostly centered around PvE content. I, for one, would like to see Blizzard adding new PvP content as well as the constant new PvE content. Just a thought, let me know what you think!

they desperately need to add another facet to the PvP side, preferably something that is persistent, and not Q in so players aren't constantly getting bored with the same limited, almost crossover pigeon-holed activites they currently have between BG or Arena or don't play WoW :P

Whether its bounty hunting, guild vs guild wars(would be AWESOME if you could declare war against guilds and fight anywhere/anyplace, even in town), guild houses that can be sieged that isn't instanced, etc....SOMETHING needs to be added because the current options are WAY too narrow and unfulfilling unless you happen to love ratings and ladder competition to a fault :P(this is a goddamn MMORPG btw, who would've known with how instanced and detached the whole PvP system is)
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-04-25 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn the Human View Post
    It's fairly obvious that WoW is mostly centered around PvE content. I, for one, would like to see Blizzard adding new PvP content as well as the constant new PvE content. Just a thought, let me know what you think!
    I'm not going to vote Yes/No because I think we have good content, the whole PvP system needs to be revamped and redone. PvP is in a pretty pitiful state atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard needs to fix classes before they start adding retarded, buggy, and 'innovative' PvP.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    I think Blizzard needs to fix classes before they start adding retarded, buggy, and 'innovative' PvP.
    'fixing classes' is a neverending QQ of OP'd broken vs OP'd gimped. The game will never be fixed if you think there is actually a fix for that.

Need more rated battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Need more rated battlegrounds.

/facepalm

like there aren't enough battlegrounds, if anything they're extremely redundant. not to mention theres like a dozen guilds worht of players doing RBG's, so yeah sure, cater to 0.1% of the PvP audience, which would probably be typical, considering the limited audience they've catered all of their PvP features for since TBC :P

Deleted
    They need to add something... No real suggestions though, so I guess I shouldnt complain.

World PvP that doesn't suck / isn't organized would be lovely.

I have no idea how to implement this, but Tol Barad hardly sates my bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Deleted
    There needs to be a new "tier" of PvP, something beyond the usual BGs and Arenas. Ideally something in the form of world PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    There needs to be a new "tier" of PvP, something beyond the usual BGs and Arenas. Ideally something in the form of world PvP.
    this exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    Whether its bounty hunting, guild vs guild wars(would be AWESOME if you could declare war against guilds and fight anywhere/anyplace, even in town), guild houses that can be sieged that isn't instanced, etc....
    Smells like Eve Online... which is good.

I for one, am totally against "content" in its most of forms. because the way Blizzard sees content is either a new grind, new gear or some event with very low replay value... and some vanity pets. Any mechanism that enable players to use their creativity or power is far better than this. Therefore I like the war idea, where you can kill any member of the warring guild, seize or control of a territory. I prefer "mechanics" over "curated content".

Actually World of Warcraft has no war in it. just people idling in Orgrimmar/SW to wait a dungeon or bg pop.
    Last edited by kharyll; 2011-04-25 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kharyll View Post
    Smells like Eve Online... which is good.

I for one, am totally against "content" in its most of forms. because the way Blizzard sees content is either a new grind, new gear or some event with very low replay value... and some vanity pets. Any mechanism that enable players to use their creativity or power is far better than this. Therefore I like the war idea, where you can kill any member of the warring guild, seize or control of a territory. I prefer "mechanics" over "curated content".

Actually World of Warcraft has no war in it. just people idling in Orgrimmar/SW to wait a dungeon or bg pop.
    I agree with you. The way Eve Online handles its PvP is really interesting. I didn't play Eve for any long period of time, but long enough to know how it all works.

Anyway, there are plenty of good PvP ideas that other games have utilized and hopefully World of Warcraft can take note of these and use a few.

Need more arena maps. Cata added nothing and RoV will probably become broken again.

Yes we need more content but blizz SUCK at pvp content. Look at the 2 bgs we got for cata. Oh well, these look original and not like they are EXACT copies of 2 other bgs we have. I mean, seriously, they didnt add in anything new with these. It's just awful, they are just worse versions of the originals (I know no one who prefers the new ones to the old ones). And IoC and SOTA werent much better either. Most people do not like vehicular combat, they want to play as the class they picked and as the character they chose, not a vehicle.

World pvp more is a good idea but makes healers effectivly useless, especially the bounty hunter thing where we cant go and collect the bounty. What are we gonna do, heal them to death? The guild fight idea is good, especially when you consider that blizz, with the guild rewards, want to force people into guilds, this could be another incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by molinator View Post
    Need more arena maps. Cata added nothing and RoV will probably become broken again.
    I'd like them to fix Ruins of Lordaeron before adding other arena maps. Blade's Edge is also broken when facing lock teams, but that's all. Many people actually complain about Dalaran while it's easily one of the best maps as far as I'm concerned. The only class that struggles there are hunters when opponents are playing very defensively and constantly LoS him with boxes.

Ruins actually gives an enormous advantage to any team playing with at least one priest, and, to a lesser extend, a shaman/warlock/druid/mage (that's a lot of teams really lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Yes we need more content but blizz SUCK at pvp content. Look at the 2 bgs we got for cata. Oh well, these look original and not like they are EXACT copies of 2 other bgs we have. I mean, seriously, they didnt add in anything new with these. It's just awful, they are just worse versions of the originals (I know no one who prefers the new ones to the old ones). And IoC and SOTA werent much better either. Most people do not like vehicular combat, they want to play as the class they picked and as the character they chose, not a vehicle.

World pvp more is a good idea but makes healers effectivly useless, especially the bounty hunter thing where we cant go and collect the bounty. What are we gonna do, heal them to death? The guild fight idea is good, especially when you consider that blizz, with the guild rewards, want to force people into guilds, this could be another incentive.
    On the other hand, they tried to implement a completly new BG (SOTA) and everyone was and probably still is bitching about it 24/7, claiming that WSG is way better, blablabla. If I were them, I wouldn't bother creating another new BG since people would anyway complain about how bad it is, etc.
    Last edited by Dayn9; 2011-04-26 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    atleast a new arena map would have been nice....

They should patch in new arenas and new battlegrounds with major raid patches imo...andi dont even pvp

Quote Originally Posted by molinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightlol View Post
    I'd like them to fix Ruins of Lordaeron before adding other arena maps. Blade's Edge is also broken when facing lock teams, but that's all. Many people actually complain about Dalaran while it's easily one of the best maps as far as I'm concerned. The only class that struggles there are hunters when opponents are playing very defensively and constantly LoS him with boxes.

Ruins actually gives an enormous advantage to any team playing with at least one priest, and, to a lesser extend, a shaman/warlock/druid/mage (that's a lot of teams really lol).
    As long as Arena venues has unique terrain and properties, certain classes will continue to benefit from more and abuse when possible. I can see how it could become annoying, but there's always a way to overcome LOS issues.

Example: I enjoy playing Blade's Edge on my Boomkin. Typhoon (1) off while we CC / blow up on the other. By the time his team mate gets back up to the top, we can Cyclone him and keep him out of the play long enough to even get another Typhoon off.

The game is dynamic and using and abusing terrain shouldn't be discouraged. The more simple you make it, the more boring and monotonous Arenas get (as if it could get worse).
    Last edited by Rozaparks; 2011-04-26 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    It should be a BG were the objective is to kill say 100 HK before the other side do it. A real TEAM DEATHMATCH 10 vs 10 or something. (with MAX 2 healer slot on eatch team)
    I get sick of all the objective BG'S then 50% of the player base dont care or have no clue how to do.

And ALL BGs should change how u get honnor. It should be what YOU do not the team. I should be givin way more honnor to get something done then it is now.
    Like say if i heal someone that is in battle near a objective should give me something extra. Or if i kill some one that is on or near our flag carrier and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc20bfe206af; 2011-04-26 at 12:52 PM.