Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why am i getting malware warnings from mmochampion?

i keep getting this bullshit warning saying mmo champion includes information from servedbyadbutler, quite sure i don't have a virus unless it downloaded ITSELF to my computer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moving to suggestions and feedback so they can help you.

Deleted
    ComputerProtectionIsHardLoL

No seriously, do check your computer and let us know the outcome! Unless the servers hosting MMO-Champion have a grudge for you, there is probably nothing wrong with the website, just your computer. If it would be an infected website/server, there would be thousands of visitors having the same issues.

Also, get Adblock and Noscript!

10+ Year Old Account
    Adblock reduces the income MMO-Champion gets from users. They receive money on-watch and on-click. At least, that's what I've read somewhere on these forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeuwke View Post
    Adblock reduces the income MMO-Champion gets from users. They receive money on-watch and on-click. At least, that's what I've read somewhere on these forums.
    doesnt matter to most people, they would quite happly block ads still, and when MMO turn round and say they arent earning enough money for a new shiney feature planned, these same people will then turn round and call them money grabbing nazi's cause they still think the world runs on childrens smiles and rainbows

I got the same thing last night when going from one page to the next page of a thread, only IDK if hes talking about him actually getting malware or just a warning. Google chrome just warned me about it saying that that page contained the servedbyadbutler, which is a known malware site and asked me to hit the "go back" button, so it's possible one of their ad's they have could be from a known site, wouldn't be the first time if i recall.

Quote Originally Posted by ac1dburn View Post
    I got the same thing last night when going from one page to the next page of a thread, only IDK if hes talking about him actually getting malware or just a warning. Google chrome just warned me about it saying that that page contained the servedbyadbutler, which is a known malware site and asked me to hit the "go back" button, so it's possible one of their ad's they have could be from a known site, wouldn't be the first time if i recall.
    It's probably Google blacklisting the entire domain after going a little emo on something linked/hosted on the ad server from any of the 983498439843 sites it's running on. No real risk, it's just paranoia mode (which isn't necessarily a bad thing on internet)

My Chrome is also blocking MMO champion frontpage because of Malware warning due to "google-anaiytics.com"

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Yes, mmo-champion is now a website where you get viruses..

No dipshits, people need to understand that MMO-champ can't control 100% of the ads that appear on the front page, sometimes bad ones can slip by.
    Last edited by Coar; 2011-04-28 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    My Chrome is also blocking MMO champion frontpage because of Malware warning due to "google-anaiytics.com"
    Yeah, this is the one that I saw as well. A little concerning as a misspelling of google analytics certainly sounds pretty shady.

Deleted
    Since a couple of minutes ago, Google Chrome warns me of google-anaiytics when trying to visit mmo-champion.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post

No dipshits, people need to understand that MMO-champ can't control 100% of the ads that appear on the front page, sometimes bad ones can slip bye.
    People were asking a genuine question as to why they were getting these popping up. You don't have to be rude about it.
    Kind of why vigilantism isn't a policy to be proud of. It's rather like trying to solve a rat problem by beating them to death with a live cobra.

No dipshits, people need to understand that MMO-champ can't control 100% of the ads that appear on the front page, sometimes bad ones can slip bye.
    Ofcourse Curse can control that, by only using trusted add sellers with some proper administrative checking on all the adds they cycle. But in the end we are all humans so until computers and robots control the world mistakes will happen.

On a sidenote it's not even sure that the adds do contain virus, Chrome (google) have just detected problems at some point from that domain and blacklisted it.

Boubouille better pick up the phone and call whoever is responsible and either get it removed from the add-cycle or disable adds before shitstorm hits

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by sydazlir View Post
    People were asking a genuine question as to why they were getting these popping up. You don't have to be rude about it.
    Wow i'm tired, i'm done posting, just realized I went semi-ape shit for no reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiru View Post
    Yeah, this is the one that I saw as well. A little concerning as a misspelling of google analytics certainly sounds pretty shady.
    Especially seeing as we are using a Google browser I am getting that same message too about Google's Analytics, but I just clicked ignore, yay for malware!

Mature post right here guys
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

Same here... Google chrome has stopped liking mmo-champ for me...

Deleted
    I'm also getting:

www.mmo-champion.com contains content from google-anaiytics.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Also, yes, I run adblock,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomdarkness View Post
    I'm also getting:

www.mmo-champion.com contains content from google-anaiytics.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Also, yes, I run adblock,
    Yeah, Google (Chrome) does that

15+ Year Old Account
    same here. the misspelling also made me goin paranoia mode...